Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

White House Knew Benghazi to be a Terrorist attack.

Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior MemberPosts: 714 Senior Member
Top story on Drudge.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/24/us-usa-benghazi-emails-idUSBRE89N02C20121024

My question is: Why hasn't their been a congressional inquiry? I know we have forces in the Mediterranean theater. Why were they not sent in to rescue these people? We left them on the ground for 8-15hrs under assault while people watched via cameras and sent emails. Why was no one sent in? Could someone have been sent? Who stopped them? This seems like a big deal to me, those Soldiers died manning their weapons and continued to fight for hours while grievously wounded, I would hope believing that someone was coming. Why is this not a bigger deal?

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Didn't a congressional committee ask some questions within a few days of the incident, only to get stonewalled by the administration? Nobody's going to ever get a straight answer out of these sleazeball politicians and their unconstitutional appointees. Either vote 'em out or apply the French Revolution solution!
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    The Oversight Committee held hearings a couple of weeks ago, and took testimony from the State Department that they were watching the coordinated attack on real-time video. But, since the major media downplayed it, or ignored it completely, most folks are just now beginning to understand that there was a well coordinated attempt to cover that up, because it flies in the face of the "decimated Al Qaeda" narrative that the Obama campaign concocted for their entire foreign policy platform in the upcoming election.

If the cat gets completely out of the bag before the election, and the reporting is done properly ( :jester: ), Obama is toast, and the rats will start fleeing the sinking ship. Then, we will have inquiries, because Congress will want to be seen doing what they do best - feigning outrage and demanding investigations, committees, task forces, etc.
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Cheetoh734 wrote: »
    Top story on Drudge.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/24/us-usa-benghazi-emails-idUSBRE89N02C20121024

My question is: Why hasn't their been a congressional inquiry? I know we have forces in the Mediterranean theater. Why were they not sent in to rescue these people? We left them on the ground for 8-15hrs under assault while people watched via cameras and sent emails. Why was no one sent in? Could someone have been sent? Who stopped them? This seems like a big deal to me, those Soldiers died manning their weapons and continued to fight for hours while grievously wounded, I would hope believing that someone was coming. Why is this not a bigger deal?

Of course they did, and why Romney didn't take his opportunity to ram this down Obummer's throat is beyond me. Then Obummer sarcastically tells Romney that the Navy doesn't need to be as big as it once was because they have aircraft carriers, you know ships that planes land on or something to that affect. The problem is that in most forms of conflict it comes to tacticle strength at some point before it gets to strategic. If you can head an enemy off tactically it avoids having to bring out the big guns, so to speak. But on top of all that, you can't tell me this aggressive reaction didn't come through to the public. And the ones they're trying to sway at this point are those individuals who are alseep at the wheel. The difference could possibly be made picking up most or some of these.

I'm just hoping that Obummer's agressiveness back fires on him. I really believe that's what happended after last weeks debate. The problem with debates is that they are scored for points. But these points have nothing to do with the real world. A debate is a form of competition, not something that will change the course of history. We don't as voters care who wins a college debate, we care about substance and how much BS is thrown around.

In both of the last two debates, it mattered not how correct Romney was but rather how Obummer could lie his way out of the question. He was so full of Pooh his eyes were extra brown. I think it was coming out his ears. Romney gave some great answeres and the great thing about it is that he gives the same answer time after time. There's no switching position to better his argument. He just tells it like it is. I really believe a majority of voters have recognized what Obummer is up to and will lead Romney to victory.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
    wambli, this can't do Obummer any good surely. Now it must be shown to the world in hopes that some of the brain dead who have been swooned by his Highness Big O will awaken from their comas before election day.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,300 Senior Member
    Obama, Biden, and H. Clinton wove a tapestry of lies right out the gate. They attempted to blame a video causing a crowd of protesters to go nuts. The truth is coming out, and I hope that the truth comes out sooner than later. Such a depth of lying and deceit from the President on down must NOT go unanswered.

There were two Navy frigates offshore of Bengazi. There were planes fueled and loaded in Italy ready to go, but ordered to stand down. The administration didn't want to shoot up a street full of 'protesters'.

My take on what I know so far is that the President and his administration is nothing but a gutless lying bag of wind.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Teach wrote: »
    Didn't a congressional committee ask some questions within a few days of the incident, only to get stonewalled by the administration? Nobody's going to ever get a straight answer out of these sleazeball politicians and their unconstitutional appointees. Either vote 'em out or apply the French Revolution solution!
    Jerry

This administration is great at the stonewalling thing. But they just don't get it that Americans will only put up with it for a short time. I mean we've had four years, which isn't exactly a short time but things haven't been near this juicey until now.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    When your life has been a lie having much of it manufactured and you are given to those lies to support the senario of that life, you don't see it as a lie. And if you continue to act like your life is not a lie and your act is good enough, then you will convince enough that it is not a lie - and no matter how many believe you, that your life is not a lie, in general it is enough of a following to convince yourself that its really not a lie.
    This mess just gets worse and worse as more information comes out. The two former Navy SEALs on the roof had a laser designator trained on the mortar that was firing on them. They called for backup/reinforcement THREE TIMES and were denied, and both died doing what American forces always do; fight like HELL and dish out more than they take. Air assets could have been on scene within two hours from the base in Aviano, Italy, including a couple of SPECTRE gunships. The trads in the situation room, in the Med., and at all levels of command refused and hung those guys out to dry. And the Prez was like a general faced with a two hole outhouse; he couldn't make a decision and crapped his pants, then went on a campaign fundraiser in Colorado.

The more facts that come out that I hear on this debacle, the madder I get. Everyone that had the power to act and didn't are guilty of the most vile and hateful act possible; abandoning our people in extreme danger and allowing them to be killed. They should all be taken out to the USS Constitution, tied to the mainmast and whipped until their skin falls off in ribbons as a warning to others that THIS IS NOT ACEPTABLE!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    And yet still, only Fox and Drudge has any reference to it...This is truly insane. Those Men died and no one cares. They can't let it get in the way of a political campaign. I am shocked by this, I knew the media was in the bag for him but this is beyond any reason.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    I will freely admit to being simple minded.

I guess I cant understand WHY our troops didnt put bullets in the foreheads of the "protestors". Were they not under ATTACK? Can they not defend US citizens and property? Someone 'splain this to me please.

Apparently you haven't been paying attention. Our guys fought like the hounds from hell and to the death. They were overwhelmed by shear numbers and superior firepower. Then left hanging out to dry by their own government.

Edited to add: there never was any protest. It was a straight military style attack by a local militia. RPGs, Mortars, etc. Our guys gave as good as they got but again, against superior numbers.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    I will freely admit to being simple minded.

I guess I cant understand WHY our troops didnt put bullets in the foreheads of the "protestors". Were they not under ATTACK? Can they not defend US citizens and property? Someone 'splain this to me please.

Aside from the CIA people trying to keep the Ambassador safe there were only two former SEALs on the roof with a machine gun and whatever they brought with them. They disobeyed orders and went to the Consulate to begin with, and did their best to get backup/reinforcements en route. They were hung out to dry, and were killed by mortar rounds hitting the roof they were on. They went down putting fire downrange. Two against probably two hundred.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Think back to Carter and the hostages in Iran.............the brass is in the chicken mode, don't want possible failure to be pinned on them
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    avmech wrote: »
    Think back to Carter and the hostages in Iran.............the brass is in the chicken mode, don't want possible failure to be pinned on them

And especially this close to a Presidential Election. And Odummy claims that Romney doesn't know anything about foreign policy BS to Odummy and his White House chronies. I will be so glad when he is voted out of office. I have said this before and I will say it again, Odummy is Muslim,and he ain't going to do anything to upset or Tee off those middle east counties or countries like Lybia. I have a gut feeling that the White House, Odummy, and the State Department knew that trouble was a stewing in Benghazi,Lybia long before this dreadfull and sad incident happened. My question is how could they not Know?
    "It is what it is":usa:
    tennmike wrote: »
    Aside from the CIA people trying to keep the Ambassador safe there were only two former SEALs on the roof with a machine gun and whatever they brought with them. They disobeyed orders and went to the Consulate to begin with, and did their best to get backup/reinforcements en route. They were hung out to dry, and were killed by mortar rounds hitting the roof they were on. They went down putting fire downrange. Two against probably two hundred.

:that::agree: And as far as I am concerned those two Navy Seals ( I will not call them Ex-Seals), should have received the Congressional Medal of honor, and a Purple Heart, along with the Ambassador.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Ill re-word my question, why didnt the folks who were supposedly in charge send in backup when our troops, and our property were under attack? Unbelieveable.
    That piere, is the million dollar question. I'm guessing because our spineless leader didn't want waves in the middle east before an election, and he also had a gig in Vegas he didn't want to be late too....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    And the lying coward is these troops' top commander? He should be tried for treason and stand before a firing squad- - - -manned by the families of the men he got killed! I'd set the range at 50 yards, and give 'em a brick of .22 shorts!
    Jerry
    Those two SEALs were alive and providing defense for EIGHT HOURS before they were killed. SPECTRE gunships could have been there in around two hours, jets from Aviano, Italy could have been there in much less time with laser guided ordnance. The Seals were painting the mortar position with a laser target designator to guide the munitions. The Marines at the embassy in Libya were not allowed to go to the aid of the consulate in Bengazi. We had two fast frigates off the coast of Bengazi that could have rained down missiles on the laser designated target. We had two drones overhead that could have marked extremely accurate coordinates for those missiles on the frigates from the laser designator the Seals were using. The SPECTRE gunships, once overhead, could have laid waste to any and all unfriendlies by use of that same laser target designator. Collateral damage would and could have been kept to a minimum.

But our military leaders were not up to the task, the White House chicken hawks were not up to the task, and people died that could have been saved. Such feckless, gutless, sniveling cowardice in the face of this attack by people in positions to send aid in the form of aircraft assets, Navy assets offshore, and troops available is beyond comprehension. And to add insult to injury, the Campaigner in Chief abandoned his post as Commander in Chief, and went on a campaign stop in Colorado. Such gutless cowardice by the person most able to make a difference in this travesty is unconscionable by any metric you throw at it. At this point, I wouldn't trust any of them who failed to send immediate aid to guard the contents under an outhouse even if their lips were sewed shut.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Well said Tennmike.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Teach wrote: »
    And the lying coward is these troops' top commander? He should be tried for treason and stand before a firing squad- - - -manned by the families of the men he got killed! I'd set the range at 50 yards, and give 'em a brick of .22 shorts!
    Jerry

:that::agree: I will donate a brick of .22's too Teach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The relatively unsophisticated SPECTRE birds I worked on in SE Asia in the 1970's were awesome weapons systems, and they've been progressively improved since then. The 20MM gatling guns could saturate a football field sized area from 1500 feet altitude, and put an average of one round in every square foot! With a laser pinpointing the target, it would have taken one firing pass, or two at the most, to totally eliminate the threat. Just the psychological effect of seeing a solid stream of tracers from the plane to the ground will put most attackers into a panic! The only thing that might be more demoralizing would be a load of bombs from a B-52 from tens of thousands of feet overhead- - - - -no warning, just massive explosions coming from out of nowhere, destroying everything in sight for a mile or two.
    Jerry
  • Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior Member Posts: 714 Senior Member
    I saw on Drudge today that they have relieved 1 General and the Admiral in charge of the mid east battle group that was closest to the area. I don't want to trade in rumors, it seems there is talk that the officers made quite a stink about being told to stand down, and either threatened publicly to ignore those orders or were going to come out and speak about it...

Edited to add link:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/navy-replaces-admiral-leading-mideast-strike-group-because-of-ongoing-investigation/

Edited to add: Maybe this has no bearing. One of the commentators said that this group is Middle East meaning in the Gulf not the Med.
    Looks like odummy can't keep the lid on this can of worms, no matter how he tries. Let's hope the whole thing blows up too badly for the broadcast media to ignore- - - -before election day!
    Jerry
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Talk about an October surprise......

If nothing else it hi-lights his supposed expertise in dealing with the middle east and all things Muslim.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    What makes this so ridiculous is that this administration was willing to conduct an assassination, in force, in a sovereign country that is supposedly our ally (Pakistan), to kill a single terrorist (bin Laden) who had been hiding for years, but they wouldn't lift a finger to defend US sovereign territory and American citizens who were being attacked by the same terrorists that we are fighting in Afghanistan.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    They were counting on their pals in the media being able to cover up the story in Bengazi. Remember, these deaths were just, " Bumps in the Road". Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,762 Senior Member
    The question of what Obama knew and when he knew it is settled, as far as I am concerned. That alone should amount to treason. But, the other questions I have are:

1) Why were additional security forces not only NOT provided in August when requested, but some of the forces already in place removed?

2) Who ordered the removal of said forces, and denied the request for additional forces?

3) Who sent Susan Rice and Jay Carney out to sell the video story days after the attack?

4) Why the hell is General Petraeus going along with the Obama administration? Petraeus is the head of the CIA, and his statements on this seem to contradict everything else that we know. I expect this sort of crap from career politicians, but I thought the Petraeus was an honest and honorable man. To say I'm deeply disapponted in what he is doing now is a gross understatement.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    4) Why the hell is General Petraeus going along with the Obama administration? Petraeus is the head of the CIA, and his statements on this seem to contradict everything else that we know. I expect this sort of crap from career politicians, but I thought the Petraeus was an honest and honorable man. To say I'm deeply disapponted in what he is doing now is a gross understatement.

This is my question, too. Maybe the fact that he was even willing to take the DCI job under this administration is telling. I believed him to be apolitical - at least as much as any man can be apolitical and rise to the rank of General. But, he is looking bad, first by supporting the 'spontaneous mob' narrative, and now by denying that anyone at CIA refused aid to the SEALS, which lays all the responsibility on Obama. Petraeus is apparently aiding in the cover-up, but not willing to take the heat for Obama.

Leon Panetta will probably get most of the blame, if he can't dump it on to Petraeus. Next to Obama and Hilary, he probably deserves it most. These are all slippery people who the major media will protect, but if they can't make it go away and somebody has to take the blame, I'd guess Panetta or Petraeus, and Petraeus seems to have started early in his attempts to cover his own butt.
    Put a bunch of rats in a slick-sided bucket sometime, and then pour it about half full of water. They'll fight and drown each other trying to stay above the surface. It's even possible to feel a little sorry for them while they're at it- - - - - -politicians, not so much!
    Jerry