Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Suspicious Vehicles Targeted in Search for Shooter.

robert38-55robert38-55 Senior MemberPosts: 3,621 Senior Member
Police have stopped a number of cars that appear to be involved in "suspicious activities" along some southeast Michigan roads and freeways in an effort to find a man shooting randomly at passing vehicles.

DETROIT — Officers are looking for anything out of the norm as part of a four-county investigation into two dozen vehicle shootings, said Lt. Mike Shaw, of the state police post in Brighton. Shootings have been reported in Oakland, Livingston, Ingham and Shiawassee counties.

Witnesses have described the suspect's vehicle as resembling a dark 1998 Oldsmobile Alero or a 1998 Toyota Camry. Police on Monday stopped the driver of a dark-colored Chevy Cavalier after a woman reported something hit her car on U.S. 23 near Brighton.

Those initial descriptions may not be correct, Shaw told The Associated Press Tuesday.
Read this rest here:
http://t.news.msn.com/us/suspicious-vehicles-targeted-in-search-for-shooter
"It is what it is":usa:

Replies

• rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    A friend of mine got his back window blown out in Genesee county the other night. The cops said it may have been a rock and not a bullet. It came from an overpass that he had already passed at 75 MPH. If someone can throw a rock through a fence gap hard enough and accurately enough to hit a car traveling away at that speed and shatter a window then the Tigers need to sign him as a new pitcher.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Many times small bullet sized rocks that hit / break an automobile windshields have been launched by another vehicles tyres, not human hands....

I remember riding My motorcycle and how the (knobby) tyres would occasionally launch rocks with tremendous force, I still remember hearing the pop of the rock being launched and the thundering sound of that rock striking someones front door with great energy, I am really glad one of those rocks never hit a person.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Remember the white panel van they were looking for in DC?
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Remember the white panel van they were looking for in DC?

White panel van with a white male suspect is what I remember.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Those initial descriptions may not be correct, Shaw told The Associated Press Tuesday.

This is code for "We will stop everyone and there's nothing you can do about it"
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That one turned out to be a ratty old Chevy Caprice with a hole cut in the rear panel beside the tail lights and a shooter in the trunk. That's the problem with broadcasting a description of a "suspicious" vehicle with sketchy information.
    Jerry
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    I have had rocks take out windows but never a back window when I was driving away from the rock at 75 MPH and no other cars around. Unless the rocks are getting sneaky and attacking from behind.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    That scenario doesn't make good nonsense- - - -the cops were just not interested in doing much of an investigation. Back during the first fuel crisis, late 1970's, early 80's IIRC, there was a nationwide truckers' slowdown/strike, mostly by the Teamsters. They were targeting independent truckers with bowling ball sized rocks thrown off overpasses, but they were aiming for windshields. A few drivers got injured or killed by those stunts, but I don't think anybody ever got prosecuted. Back then, as now, a lot of money got funneled to the right politicians to make things go away.
    Jerry
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    White panel van with a white male suspect is what I remember.

Oh Goody! With that prevelance.....I'm free to go on a killing spree! No one would ever look for me! They'd be busy looking for someone else.......yeah, right!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!