Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Official 2012 Presidential 2nd Ammendment Records

treetree New MemberPosts: 2 New Member
Please post further on this issue.

http://2012.presidential-candidates.org/

Choose the candidate>Issues>..scroll down to Gun Control

My 2 cents-

My endorsement for the leader of the United States of America is Dr. Ron Paul, M.D., House Representative from Texas, over 30 years of representation.
The prohibition of possessing firearms has been tested in nations of Western Europe and Australia.
In contrast, a requirement in Switzerland is for each male in their native household to possess an issued military rifle from their age of 18.
In the United States of America we have encroachments on use and possession of firearms which must be exposed as what they are.
Dr. Paul (R-Tex.) has been responsible for protecting us for over 30 years.

Please post further on this issue.

from the website

""Paul on Gun Control"

The Second Amendment: Individual or Collective Right?

Paul probably has the most unrivalled record among all the 2012 presidential candidates for his
advocacy of the Second Amendment for individuals. In 2007, Paul introduced the H.R. 1096: Second
Amendment Protection Act of 2007 in Congress.

His intent behind the bill was explained in an earlier address to the House.
"Mr. Speaker, I rise to restore the right the founding fathers saw as the guarantee of every
other right by introducing the Second Amendment Protection Act. This legislation reverses the steady
erosion of the right to keep and bear arms by repealing unconstitutional laws that allow
power-hungry federal bureaucrats to restrict the rights of law-abiding gun owners.

Specifically, my legislation repeals the five-day waiting period and the "instant" background check,
which enables the federal government to compile a database of every gun owner in America. My
legislation also repeals the misnamed ban on "semi-automatic" weapons, which bans entire class of
firearms for no conceivable reason beside the desire of demagogic politicians to appear tough on
crime.

Finally, my bill amends the Gun Control Act of 1968 by deleting the "sporting purposes" test, which
allows the Treasury Secretary to infringe on second amendment rights by classifying a firearm
(handgun, rifle, shotgun) as a "destructive device" simply because the Secretary believes the gun to
be "non-sporting."
January 9, 2003, US House of Representatives ...

Legislations

Paul opposes any attempts by the government to 'disarm' the citizenry. This is one of the many
quotes he has made over the years concerning the issue.

"In our own country, we should be ever vigilant against any attempts to disarm the people,
especially in this economic downturn. I expect violent crime to rise sharply in the coming days, and
as states and municipalities are even more financially strained, the police will be even less able
or willing to respond to crime. In many areas, local police could become more and more absorbed with
revenue generating activities, like minor traffic violations and the asset forfeiture opportunities
of non-violent drug offenses. Your safety has always, ultimately been your own responsibility, but
never more so than now. People have a natural right to defend themselves. Governments that take that
away from their people should be highly suspect."
December 9, 2008, Ron Paul on Gun Control,

RonPaul.com""

2nd Ammendment USA President 7 votes

Michele Bachmann
0%
Herman Cain
0%
Newt Gringrich
0%
Barack Obama
0%
Ron Paul
28%
tv_racin_fantree 2 votes
Rick Perry
71%
bobbyrlf3fire128Des52HarveKENFU1911 5 votes
Mitt Romney
0%
Gary Johnson
0%
Rick Santorum
0%
Other
0%

Replies

• bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,572 Senior Member
    Rick Perry
    Perry took out a coyote with a handgun because it attacked his dog. He made good use of the 2A. He gets my vote, so far.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.