NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 25,023 Senior Member
Young adult takes refuge in a family apt is pursued by two
attackers with clubs, he shoots one and is not charged as
per castle doctrine.

It is a shame this event had to happen; but, I am glad to
see that the castle doctrine works, esp because I listen to
the police on a scanner and have had the impression that many
of the officers are anti gun.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/Havelock-Police-Investigate-Shooting-Death-179869761.html

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    It sounds sort of like a "public service killing", where one scumbag shoots another one. Clearly self-defense, this time, but it won't surprise me to find that the shooter might end up on the wrong side of the law sometime in the near futrure.
    Jerry
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    State records show Berry was convicted of possession with intent to sell schedule VI narcotics in 2008, and then possession of a firearm by felon and and second drug possession conviction last year.

The Department of Correction says Berry was still on probation when he was shot and killed.

Friends of Berry's have called to say he was a great person and they're going to miss him

Joshua Annis told WITN Berry was a great guy who would go out of his way to do anything for anyone.

"Shawnda Senson says Berry leaves behind three children. She also said he was a selfless person who had a heart of gold."

Must have been a gold plated heart of pure lead !!!

Or BS frosted cake with BS filling !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,023 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    It sounds sort of like a "public service killing", where one scumbag shoots another one. Clearly self-defense, this time, but it won't surprise me to find that the shooter might end up on the wrong side of the law sometime in the near futrure.
    Jerry

Wel, Teach was right, the shooter was involved in a robbery with a handgun and a 100 mph car chase.
    Then they [3 occupants] turned down a dead end road and bailed out into the woods, got
    caught with the handgun.

I heard all this on the scanner, LEO's were relatively calm sounding almost like it
    was matter fact they'd catch them. But, 100 mph on the road they were on
    would be white knuckle.