Question on the "Dream Act"

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberPosts: 5,458 Senior Member
Was this an executive order or a memo to prosecutors to exercise discretion?

Seems like with forms to fill out and fees to go along with it, it would take more than a memo to prosecutors.
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,047 Senior Member
    The "Dream Act" has not been legislated yet. Whatever the Ovomit has done has either been executive orders or directives to the Justice Dept. and INS.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Right, I'm not sure exactly what to call it as it seems part of it has been put into play without winning a vote. I'm wondering what was done to get it there by your president. Just looking for the technical name as I have heard both. Even sites like CNN are calling it an executive order, but others are calling it a memo.
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Right, I'm not sure exactly what to call it as it seems part of it has been put into play without winning a vote. I'm wondering what was done to get it there by your president. Just looking for the technical name as I have heard both. Even sites like CNN are calling it an executive order, but others are calling it a memo.
    My President? Bwaaaaahahahaha....that douche is someone's president, but it sure as hell ain't mine. Don't even say that crap!!! :vomit: That aside, I don't know the exact answer to it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    My President? Bwaaaaahahahaha....that douche is someone's president, but it sure as hell ain't mine. Don't even say that crap!!! :vomit:

As much as I hate to say it, he is our president. No way around that.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Stop trying to spoil my cloud of denial.. :tissue:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
  • DurangoKidDurangoKid Member Posts: 183 Member
    He is president because the Cadre in Washington DC is flooding the Nation with farm workers and South American criminals. There has been an invasion of our Home Land by another nation. These invaders have installed their own leader. Does that make Obama the President of all Americans?
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Anyone else have any input to the original question?
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Was this an executive order or a memo to prosecutors to exercise discretion?

Seems like with forms to fill out and fees to go along with it, it would take more than a memo to prosecutors.

The Obama administration will formally begin granting some young undocumented immigrants legal status and work permits later this month under a controversial new policy first announced by President Obama in June.

The Department of Homeland Security today announced details of the application and approval process for the DREAM Act-like program, outlining specific eligibility requirements and a $465 fee. It will begin Aug. 15.

On the same day the unemployment rate rose to 8.3 percent, the Obama administration announced a requirement for illegal immigrants to apply to be able to work in the U.S.,” the GOP congressman from Texas said. “The administration’s guidelines don’t just encourage illegal immigrants to work in the U.S., they actually require them to apply to do so.”

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said the process is a compassionate and common-sense approach to a group of individuals who were brought to the United States illegally by no fault of their own and have grown up as Americans.

“Our nation’s immigration laws must be enforced in a firm and sensible manner,” Napolitano said in a statement. “But they are not designed to be blindly enforced without consideration given to the individual circumstances of each case.

“Nor are they designed to remove productive young people to countries where they may not have lived or even speak the language. Discretion, which is used in so many other areas, is especially justified here.”

This was an executive order by the President, just like Truman's integration of the military, not subject to debate or vote. He gave the Immigration people 60 days to work out the details.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/09/tiny-explainer-president-obamas-dream-act-executive-order/262041/

http://ask.com/wiki/DREAM_Act

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2012/1120/Illegal-immigration-Who-s-applying-for-Obama-s-DREAM-Act-deferrals
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • lightkeeperlightkeeper Member Posts: 168 Member
    When Obama issued the order he commented that it was to support provisions of the Dream Act that congress had wrongly voted down.
    One of the initial proposers of the Dream Act is congressman Luis Gutierez of Chicago, who is a member of the corrupt political machine that elevated Obama thru the ranks.
    Gutierez is also a long time supporter of the terrorist group FLAN.