Home Main Category Hunting

Hunters and Photos

DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior MemberPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
Love the photos. Now keep the darn muzzles pointed somewhere besides your body.

Thanks

Dan
It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Dan,

I agree with you. And in my pic I'm guilty as charged. I actually took pains to avoid that. I think what must have happened is when I raised his head, the rifle slid down into that position. Rikki snapped the pic and showed it to me on the little screen. But after dragging that thing in from something over a 1/2 mile that deer wasn't the only thing gutted.
    But again, I agree with you and no excuses.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    No problem here.....except that I'm the only guy out there....So I can't be the smiling fool in the pic.....You'll get the game with the rifle layed across it.....per the Shrub. But I see your point....people need to be aware.

Had a new hunter in the cabin this year.....21 yr old son of a long time group member.....rule is you clear chamber before bringing a rifle inside....you only chamber when you get out/off the vehicle...

Well he saw me dumping the magazine after that and said "that's a good idea!" and followed suit. It's too easy for someone to pick up your rifle, do the "this is cool!" deal and rack a round....our rifle are racked by the door...the rack I brought up.

When my cousin brought up his wife and kids on the last day....Rifles got unloaded and put away....the kids are taught to not touch the guns.....but no chances taken....she appreciated that....to me it's just common sense.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    My son's girlfriend has a daughter with Down's Syndrome. The girl is 16, with a mental age of about 8 or 9. Anytime they bring her for a visit, the guns around the house get locked away- - - -including the SD pieces I've got stashed at strategic locations. Cute kid, but very inquisitive, and she's not able to make good choices about danger!
    Jerry
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    All 'yall see who picked up on this and called it to our attention? A direct function of Dan's military work! Give him a photo and he'll subconciously disect it looking for things that he's not even thinking about!
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Rich...unless it's a nekkid lady. Then I'm thinking about it.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    That's a "loaded" response......:tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!