The road
010-1.jpg

Pipeline bridge
015.jpg

The river
021.jpg

My son

018-1.jpg

Some friends and I took a 44 mile off road trip today to the Bill Williams river that runs from Lake Alamo to Lake Havasu.
Weather was great sunny and close to 80deg.
Not much of a river by most people's standards but running through the Mojove desart it's a refreshing place to have some lunch.
USMC 80-84
-96 lbs

Replies

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Beautiful! I really miss the desert...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • gatorgator Posts: 1,746 Senior Member
    It was a good day,wish I would have taken more pics.

IMG952012112395140019-1.jpg
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    Its a beautiful river, guess I thought that the only river that ran through the Mojove was the Colorado.....Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • bisleybisley Posts: 10,815 Senior Member
    It looks like a great place. Nothing is better than the wide open spaces...to visit.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Sort of looks like that river was bigger once. Trout?
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Posts: 6,583 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    It looks like a great place. Nothing is better than the wide open spaces...to live.

Fixed it for you.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    That river begs to have a fly-line laid onto it. Simply gorgeous!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    No trout but channel cats,yellow belly mud cats,Bluegill and lg mouth bass,ya also might catch a snapping turtle or two.

Hawken,
    The Alamo lake is made up of the Big Sandy and the Santa Maria rivers that were damed up years ago and the Bill Williams river is what comes out of the bottom of the dam.
    The dam is overseen by the Army Corps of Eng.and runs into Lake Havasu that is part of the Colorado river system.

Jason,
    Thats why I live out here,I can take off from my house and within 15 minutes be where I don't have to see another human all day unless I want to.

Dan,
    The river changes size all the time just depends on how much water they let out of Alamo Dam.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • bisleybisley Posts: 10,815 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Fixed it for you.

I grew up in the wide open spaces, but it took forever to get anywhere I wanted to be. I would handle it much better now that I don't really want to go anywhere. :up:
    bisley wrote: »
    I grew up in the wide open spaces, but it took forever to get anywhere I wanted to be. I would handle it much better now that I don't really want to go anywhere. :up:

Salome is a small town in the middle of nowhere and it takes over an hour to get bto the nearest town big enough to have a Walmart or major food market chain,heck the biggest thing we had happen here in the last 28 years was the opening of a Family Dollar.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • bellcatbellcat Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Serious Fun!

Good Hustle!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    Next time I go it will be with poles and tackle.

Another pic
    DSC06193.jpg
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Your camo's failing.....I totally see you...you're in the bush above the right shoulder of the large guy in the gator...right!? LMOA!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    Yep ya spotted me,gonna have to get me some of that army digital stuff.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs