Home Main Category Personal Defense

Minnesota shooting

minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior MemberPosts: 806 Senior Member
http://www.startribune.com/local/180853761.html

http://www.startribune.com/local/180785621.html

Teenager boy and girl break in to this guys home, he shoots the boy and wounds him, boy falls down the steps and old guy shoots boy again and kills him. The girl comes down minutes later, he shoots her with the rifle, she falls down the steps, he goes to shoot her again but rifle jams and she supposedly laughs at him, he pulls revolver out and shoots her again. He drags the girl, who is still alive after two gunshots, over towards the boy and puts the revolver under her chin and shoots her.

Left them in the basement for two days since he didn't want to bother the police on thanksgiving day.

Old guys home was broken into multiple times, teenage girl was no angel and had an addiction problem.

Was it excessive? He is being charged with 2nd degree murder.

Very sad story but an interesting one.

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Two thieves turn a mans life upside down. They are dead and he is toast.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    He drags the girl, who is still alive after two gunshots, over towards the boy and puts the revolver under her chin and shoots her.

Crossed over into Murder there.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,871 Senior Member
    Saying you "fired more shots than I needed" and describing one shot as a "good clean finishing shot" do not help one's case.

http://news.yahoo.com/minn-man-says-fired-more-shots-needed-183741818.html

Edited to add: the more I read and think about this, the less sense it makes.
    First kid gets shot, twice, with a .223 in the basement and the second kid comes down? Why didn't she run?

Home's been broken into 8 times but only one police report?

I wonder if the kids were invited over and killed to keep them quiet...
    I'm just here for snark.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,113 Senior Member
    Interesting....certainly stepped way over the line of self-defense....

BUT...look how the media handles this....it's like they have a playbook....notice the pictures of the intruders....clean-cut, smiling, etc etc etc...I'm betting they didn't look that way when they went somewhere they had no business being.... also notice the picture of the shooter....typical media - if they were interested in fairness, there would be no pictures at all. Remember the Trayvon Martin incident, how they kept showing pictures of the thug when he was 12....

"And she was just starting to turn her life around"....I've read this quote more times than I care to remember when a kid makes a decision that winds up getting them killed. Just once I would like to read a quote from a parent/loved on that said something like..."Yep, I loved the kid, but she/he has been making stupid decisions for years and this time they made one bad decision too many...what happened was unfortunate but inevitable"

In the end, from the media account, the shooter went way overboard, however, what happened to those kids and the fact that they are dead falls squarely on their own shoulders.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    "I think the first shot is justified," Olson said. "After the person is no longer a threat because they're seriously wounded, the application of self-defense is over."

This pretty much sums up what should have ended and when. The rest of the actions were deliberate act of homicide.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    No good deed goes unpunished. Mr. Smith courteously gives the cops a break on T'giving and the first thing the ingrates do is arrest him! These Nazis probably wouldn't hesitate to write you a traffic ticket either. Well, screw them. I've had it with sanctimonious, holier-then thou, second-guessing, Monday morning quarterbacks. The 'system' turns Haile the drug addict loose, and when a citizen puts an end to her crime spree, he gets busted. If I'm on the jury, this is clearly either a crime of passion or temporary insanity, and I'm voting NOT GUILTY. Get a rope - not to hang the defendant -but to hang the jury. I hope this guy walks.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    No good deed goes unpunished. Mr. Smith courteously gives the cops a break on T'giving and the first thing the ingrates do is arrest him! These Nazis probably wouldn't hesitate to write you a traffic ticket either. Well, screw them. I've had it with sanctimonious, holier-then thou, second-guessing, Monday morning quarterbacks. The 'system' turns Haile the drug addict loose, and when a citizen puts an end to her crime spree, he gets busted. If I'm on the jury, this is clearly either a crime of passion or temporary insanity, and I'm voting NOT GUILTY. Get a rope - not to hang the defendant -but to hang the jury. I hope this guy walks.

You are crazy. I hope you are being facetious. That man drug the girls body over, put a gun under her chin and blew her cranium to bits. No way in hell any sane person would let someone like that walk.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Why do we get suckered into responding to pot-stirring :troll:'s?
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think he went way overboard and stepped on his own crank.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!