Ain't Thanksgiving Turkey great!

NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 23,967 Senior Member
We are now having leftover turkey dishes made with
leftover turkey.
A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,419 Senior Member
    Leftover turkey is great for people, but don't feed the dogs any. Our vet in California had to treat our toy poodle for hemmoragic gastroenteritis shortly after Thanksgiving one year, and the first thing he asked about was whether we had been giving him turkey! Guilty as charged! Apparently, there's something in the turkey that messes with some dogs' digestive systems.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,556 Senior Member
    Been eating turkey sammiches all week.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Thankfully, it's finally gone and I can see the back of the frig again. Except for the turkey leavins' in the freezer for soup!!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Turkey tacos or turkey enchiladas are a delight.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Turkey tacos and turkey enchiladas are wonderful.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,651 Senior Member
    I finally finished off the cornbread dressing and the broccoli soup (good stuff) that was made from leftover broccoli caserole - still working on the turkey.
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    We ate turkey sammiches for a few days than the boss lady made a pot of turkey and noodles. Now I'm gettin hungry again. Darn food topics!!
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    By early this week, I was thoroughly tired of eatin' turkey....thank God its all gone now!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Made turkey chilli with the leftovers, already had it once with hot dogs, twice with a baked potato and today with great white rice and black beans made by my brother, think there is enough for another round of hot dogs.

We are getting pernil, arroz con gandules, etc. from mom's catering friend, doubt that will last as long...
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    I finished the last of the leftovers today, it is gone, gone, gone.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,327 Senior Member
    I ate turkey and leftovers every day through Monday. Finally vaccum packed the last pound or so of turkey meat and froze it. Just a little bit of taters and stuffing left that will go in the compost pile.

Two of my favorite leftover turkey dishes is turkey enchiladas and turkey SOS, both with eggs for breakfast. Dark turkey meat with a little bacon grease makes a pretty good SOS.