President Obama's Christmas vacation

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 26,220 Senior Member
Obama is going to Hawaii on vacation from Dec. 17 to Jan. 6; 21 days of fun in the sun. The country is imploding and he's going on vacation.............to Hawaii. He's fast becoming the president exhibiting the most inappropriate behavior in history.

He likes to body surf, so here's a question that popped into my head while I was watching the news about his vacation plans. Obama enjoys body surfing. If Obama gets eaten by a Great White Shark while body surfing, is the Great White Shark a racist?
If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    No the shark would not be a racist, but Joe Biden would be President. :fan: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,227 Senior Member
    Awww, give the guy a break. He's been furiously campaigning for re-election for the past four years.
    :whip2: :worthy:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,136 Senior Member
    Only if the shark is wearing a hood!!
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    The total cost (based on what is known) for a 20-day round trip vacation to Hawaii for the President and his family and staff and security is more than $4 million.
    http://www.hawaiireporter.com/residents-alerted-to-obamas-hawaiian-holiday-plans/123

Rush Limbaugh discussed the difference from what the British pay for the Royals so far this year at $53 Million compared to what Obama has spent for all of his trips, vacations, staff, everyone he spends so far is $1.2 Billion, so he must be King Obama. While no in Congress or the WH can figure out where to cut spending I would suggest at the WH, along with Congress and all of the other benefits the taxpayers cannot afford.

Obama wants to redistribute the wealth of the top 1% when he spends money like he earned the money he is spending not the taxpayers paying for it. What a hypocrite.

All of this helps to explain the article "James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless"
    http://clashdaily.com/2012/11/james-carville-says-80-of-democrats-are-politically-clueless/

I think most of us already knew this.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Things just might run better when he's NOT in DC!
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,845 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Obama is going to Hawaii on vacation from Dec. 17 to Jan. 6; 21 days of fun in the sun. The country is imploding and he's going on vacation.............to Hawaii. He's fast becoming the president exhibiting the most inappropriate behavior in history.

He likes to body surf, so here's a question that popped into my head while I was watching the news about his vacation plans. Obama enjoys body surfing. If Obama gets eaten by a Great White Shark while body surfing, is the Great White Shark a racist?

Not to interrupt the party, but the man grew up mostly in HI. It seems pretty reasonable that that would be a place he would like to visit on a regular basis. If he had grown up in AL he'd probably spend a lot of time there instead. It just so happens that HI is a much nicer place to visit than AL (not that AL isn't a perfectly lovely place). I don't remember people complaining about the amount of time Bush spent in TX which also happened to be where he was from.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program...
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Jim TomJim Tom Member Posts: 338 Member
    People always complained about Bush going to the ranch, until Cindy Sheehan started camping out next door. Then the MSM thought is was great and camped out with her.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    MakeMyDay took the words out of my mouth.

Matt
    Support your local Scouts!
    ............I don't remember people complaining about the amount of time Bush spent in TX which also happened to be where he was from.
    Libs complained and they haven't stopped whining yet. And besides, most of those trips to Texas were "working" vacations, not lay about the beach type vacations. Ovomit is just a freakin' beach-strutting, golfing goof-off.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    Libs complained and they haven't stopped whining yet. And besides, most of those trips to Texas were "working" vacations, not lay about the beach type vacations. Ovomit is just a freakin' beach-strutting, golfing goof-off.

At least we've established that bitter partisans will complain about just about anything the other guys does and defend their own guy pretty much whatever he does.

BTW I do have an issue with Obama leaving before the fiscal cliff issue is resolved (assuming he actually does, my guess is the family will leave on the 17th and he'll stick around Washington until a deal is done). I just think it's stupid to make a big deal about the fact that HI is where he plans to spend his holiday.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    Nomadac wrote: »
    The total cost (based on what is known) for a 20-day round trip vacation to Hawaii for the President and his family and staff and security is more than $4 million.
    http://www.hawaiireporter.com/residents-alerted-to-obamas-hawaiian-holiday-plans/123

Rush Limbaugh discussed the difference from what the British pay for the Royals so far this year at $53 Million compared to what Obama has spent for all of his trips, vacations, staff, everyone he spends so far is $1.2 Billion, so he must be King Obama. While no in Congress or the WH can figure out where to cut spending I would suggest at the WH, along with Congress and all of the other benefits the taxpayers cannot afford.

Obama wants to redistribute the wealth of the top 1% when he spends money like he earned the money he is spending not the taxpayers paying for it. What a hypocrite.

All of this helps to explain the article "James Carville Says 80% Of Democrats Are Politically Clueless"
    http://clashdaily.com/2012/11/james-carville-says-80-of-democrats-are-politically-clueless/

I think most of us already knew this.

99% of the costs are security related no doubt. I think we need to either give up on the insane security protocols for the President or confine them to the white house for the entire 4 years they're in office.
    -DoctorWho
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member

I Love sea creatures!!!!!!!!! One thing about a Great White Shark, is it's knows which food sources are toxic/posionous to them and which are not. Since I consider a Great White to be smarter than our current Ovommit President, then the Shark should be ok.
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Awww, give the guy a break. He's been furiously campaigning for re-election for the past four years.
    :whip2: :worthy:

:that::rotflmao:
    mkk41

Re: President Obama's Christmas vacation
    Things just might run better when he's NOT in DC!

You got a point mkk41!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will see!!!!!!!!!! Can't be none the worse I rekon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jim Tom wrote: »
    People always complained about Bush going to the ranch, until Cindy Sheehan started camping out next door. Then the MSM thought is was great and camped out with her.

I remember that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,733 Senior Member
    Not to interrupt the party, but the man grew up mostly in HI. It seems pretty reasonable that that would be a place he would like to visit on a regular basis. If he had grown up in AL he'd probably spend a lot of time there instead. It just so happens that HI is a much nicer place to visit than AL (not that AL isn't a perfectly lovely place). I don't remember people complaining about the amount of time Bush spent in TX which also happened to be where he was from.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program...

Chris, Bush's working vacations in Texas were at his own ranch in a fairly isolated and easy to secure area and he spent most of his time in seclusion on his ranch. Even much of his security detail stayed at his ranch and this was all at minimal expense to the taxpayers and in fact his vacations were probably the least costly of any president in recent history. Your idol on the other hand rents mansions at the taxpayers expense and spends his time around heavily populated areas making security very complicated and costly. He likely takes the most expensive vacations of any president in recent history.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled liberal mindset.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,136 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    Chris, Bush's working vacations in Texas were at his own ranch in a fairly isolated and easy to secure area and he spent most of his time in seclusion on his ranch. Even much of his security detail stayed at his ranch and this was all at minimal expense to the taxpayers and in fact his vacations were probably the least costly of any president in recent history. Your idol on the other hand rents mansions at the taxpayers expense and spends his time around heavily populated areas making security very complicated and costly. He likely takes the most expensive vacations of any president in recent history.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled liberal mindset.

I thought he was staying with Mom!! NOW I'm REALLY mad!!
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    At least we've established that bitter partisans will complain about just about anything the other guys does and defend their own guy pretty much whatever he does.

BTW I do have an issue with Obama leaving before the fiscal cliff issue is resolved (assuming he actually does, my guess is the family will leave on the 17th and he'll stick around Washington until a deal is done). I just think it's stupid to make a big deal about the fact that HI is where he plans to spend his holiday.
    Do you EVER not have some unreasonable excuse as to why your buddy is being an idiot? Come on man. Obama could get on national television, piss on the American flag after burning it, and you would have a "reason" why he did so. Nobody much cares for where he is going, but how much it is costing us and his horrible timing. I think the economy is more important than catching some rays and waves.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,268 Senior Member
    I could give a hoot less where the President spends the holidays....as long as I'm not paying for it... A normal person, when they are spending someone else's money, typically practice a little restraint.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,747 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I could give a hoot less where the President spends the holidays....as long as I'm not paying for it... A normal person, when they are spending someone else's money, typically practice a little restraint except when buying guns.

Fixed it......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I could give a hoot less where the President spends the holidays....as long as I'm not paying for it... A normal person, when they are spending someone else's money, typically practice a little restraint.

The point is that the costs are incurred not matter where he goes. The cost to rent the place in HI for a normal person I doubt would be over $15-20k max. All additional costs have to do with security, logistics, and the massive entourage of security and advisers that have to tag along. Maybe if we didn't have millions of people both foreign and domestic who would like to see the president dead we could reduce the security costs, but in a post 9/11 world and radically polarized domestic political climate that's not feasible. The question becomes can we allow our presidents to live some semblance of a normal life while incurring the significant costs of protecting him or do we sequester him within a small number of well defended and heavily secured places?
    -DoctorWho
    Do you EVER not have some unreasonable excuse as to why your buddy is being an idiot? Come on man. Obama could get on national television, piss on the American flag after burning it, and you would have a "reason" why he did so. Nobody much cares for where he is going, but how much it is costing us and his horrible timing. I think the economy is more important than catching some rays and waves.
    He's already doing it covertly.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:

He could also give every penny he has to wounded veterans and many of you would find a way to criticize him for it. Believe it or not I don't defend the president from all attacks, usually just illegitimate, frivolous, stupid, or irrational ones. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize the president (If you read again you'll see even I did in the post you quoted) but going to HI for Christmas and the associated costs (again due to our insane overprotective security state) isn't one of them.
    -DoctorWho
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,220 Senior Member
    The point is that the costs are incurred not matter where he goes. The cost to rent the place in HI for a normal person I doubt would be over $15-20k max. All additional costs have to do with security, logistics, and the massive entourage of security and advisers that have to tag along. Maybe if we didn't have millions of people both foreign and domestic who would like to see the president dead we could reduce the security costs, but in a post 9/11 world and radically polarized domestic political climate that's not feasible. The question becomes can we allow our presidents to live some semblance of a normal life while incurring the significant costs of protecting him or do we sequester him within a small number of well defended and heavily secured places?

Well, if the **** stayed at the Naval base at Pearl Harbor he'd have a lot less security to worry about. Or maybe not; lots of Navy and Marine personnel on the base. :rotflmao: He would have a nice golf course on which to chase that dimpled pill around, though.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    99% of the costs are security related no doubt. I think we need to either give up on the insane security protocols for the President or confine them to the white house for the entire 4 years they're in office.

If you took the time to read the website I listed you find detailed explanation of the costs, which is not 99% security. Less you forget when Bush went to his Ranch the costs were nowhere near $4 Million, as cost to fly Air Force One was miniscule compared to flying to HI.

Plus show me that Bush spend $1.2 Billion a year for all of his expenses, maybe several years combined.

I guess you forgot our Country is going bankrupt and should be cutting expenses not burning through money like the printing press are at full speed.
    Somebody needs to tell that tart Obama that the election is over and he needs to get to work in Washington instead of visiting toy factories in PA and campaigning for his soak the rich solution to the budget crisis. If he spent half the time working as he does running his cake hole some progress on the problems with the budget might get solved. I guess he's operating on the theory that a problem can be talked to death, or at least bored into submission by endless speechifying.

• EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    He would have a nice golf course on which to chase that dimpled pill around, though.

Hey now.....you say whatever you want about whichever fraktard is in office at the current time......but don't 'choo be disparaging against golf. :tooth:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,520 Senior Member
    On behalf of all of the other states: Sorry, Hawaii....and, thank you for taking one for the team! :applause:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    Folks on this side of the fence piss and moan as much as the folks on the other side.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Eli wrote: »
    Hey now.....you say whatever you want about whichever fraktard is in office at the current time......but don't 'choo be disparaging against golf. :tooth:

Pfffft! Golf is just an excuse to ride around in a golf cart, drank beer, and tell tall tales. :rotflmao:
    I hereby confess that I used to go to a driving range close to the nuke plant I worked at in Chattanooga, though. I got a bucket of golf balls and imagined the face of the Operations Manager on each one. Good way to work off some hate without getting fired. :tooth: