Home Main Category Hunting

Blindside Shot Revisited.

NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 24,843 Senior Member
I said the stuff is not worth the money and did not
kill the ducks I shot in a different thread.

I did use it some for policing up cripples and this is what I noticed:

1. It makes big holes just like they said and if hit right it knocks the dog stuffing out of a duck.

2. The holes are about 3 times as big as the same sized round shot makes.

3. The holes can be as big as a 00 buck shot if the breast bone gets hit in the center and all the tissue affected is blown away resulting in a hole the size of my thumb, this is not good if eating vice just shooting is the intent

Accordingly, I intend to use the rest of the box for shooting things I do not wish to eat.
Crows maybe?

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,032 Senior Member
    Do a Knitepoet type range test on some of your outdated WI winter fashions, maybe the stuff is good for self defense on the November-March 2 legged troublemakers up north.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,843 Senior Member
    It might work well for a fox or that snake in the snake thread.

Since I have to use a shotgun on base, maybe try it on squirrels.
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Do a Knitepoet type range test on some of your outdated WI winter fashions.
    Doc:
    That's funny, I left WI in '65; that stuff is long gone.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,032 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Doc:
    That's funny, I left WI in '65; that stuff is long gone.

You KNOW where to find some on your next trip up to WI, start snooping. I am sure Clean would not allow such a closet full of stuff to exist in your house:tooth:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    That's about what I fond, Ned. It will absolutely turn a duck into a flying cardboard box when you square them up with it, but my paper patterns with the stuff were erratic at best. I have missed some birds with th stuff that just should've been dead to the shot and, as you discovered, also seen some wild damage when you hit bone.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    That's about what I fond, Ned. It will absolutely turn a duck into a flying cardboard box when you square them up with it, but my paper patterns with the stuff were erratic at best. I have missed some birds with th stuff that just should've been dead to the shot and, as you discovered, also seen some wild damage when you hit bone.
    That is the problem, it is almost SOP to hit the breast or the duck flies into the next county
    unless of course a wing is hit, then you have a cripple and that can be a problem with divers.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,466 Senior Member
    Interesting concept. Looks like they're trying to turn shotgun pellets into wadcutter pistol bullets. I hope somebody at Winchester's Skunk Works decides to apply this concept to lead and shot sizes ranging from BB to #1 buckshot for 'yotes and goblins.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Interesting concept. Looks like they're trying to turn shotgun pellets into wadcutter pistol bullets. I hope somebody at Winchester's Skunk Works decides to apply this concept to lead and shot sizes ranging from BB to #1 buckshot for 'yotes and goblins.

I believe I have seen that concept of square lead birdshot; it was used in some
    type of spreader load to get open choke patterns from a full choke.