greed is unimaginable!

bruchibruchi Senior MemberPosts: 2,582 Senior Member
This is a stupid thing and I have miss givings about posting it as the odds are monumental and nothing is going to come out of this but on the same token it kinda sucks, it shows how greed overtakes folks and I am a bit baffled, maybe the dammed cold and all the other health crap I been dealing with of late got me weak in the head as well...

"Buddy" also a photographer out of work for some time recently married an attorney that pretty much supports him, they relocated to Florida due to her work but he has been staying at home until December to promote a book he published, doing very well with it and he gets to surf every day which is his main goal in life, he pays rent and the income is welcomed.

This is a guy that I have been doing a lot of favors to for over 15 years, mostly lending him my photo gear when his is not enough, when he got tired of dealing with the advertising scene here I even lend him my "client list" so he could call them and try to garner some gigs.

Never have I say no to him, much less ignored him, I actually go above and beyond recommending for him to take extra gear and so on.

So he goes back to Florida for a week to have turkey with the wife, when I call him to confirm when he is returning I tell him to lend me $5, stop somewhere and buy me some Florida Powerball tickets, tell him to might as well buy some for himself as there is a huge jackpot and he is not one to play the lotto, he just tells me he will call me latter and hangs up, I eventually get a pic a day latter of the lottery tickets on my phone so I figured he came through on the stupid and simple favor which will just make me $5 poorer.

He gets here and while we are eating breakfast, we feed him too, I ask him what I owe him for the tickets and he tells me not to worry about it and that they where in Florida in his wife's possession making then a "funny" comment that "possession is 9/10ths of the law, then he tells me to choose a group of 5 of the 10 tickets on the picture so I say fine and ask him for a coin to flip and let luck figure it out, no coin in sight, I mention that if I where to get lucky I will take care of him, he replies that we should "share" the winnings if we hit the thing which is fine with me, more so if we had presented this option when I asked him for the stupid favor.

I now is a stupid deal but I not going to be able to see this guy in the same light ever.

So anyone here is in Florida buy me a damned ticket and mail it to me, the local lottery sucks, I'll pay you for it of course.
If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    The guys a user. Drop him like a turd from a tall pony.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    Forget the PowerBall tickets. Your chances of being hit on the head by a meteorite are greater than winning the PB. Sleep well and spend your $5 on a good pint of beer.
  • drwalker47drwalker47 Member Posts: 192 Member
    Joke I like:

A man named Joe prays for 10 years every day to win the lottery.

Finally one day, the clouds roll back and a voice from Heaven speaks and says...

"Joe, meet me half way...buy a ticket!!!"

Now, I know that if God wanted me to be rich...I would not have to buy a ticket, but I did. LOL
    Celebrate life, moment by moment. I plan to enjoy what time I have left, and that means MORE GUNS!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,050 Senior Member
    Wait....are you all wound up about the fact that this guy has taken advantage of you or about something that isn't likely to happen in the first place?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,967 Senior Member
    If you want I'll send you two tickets free.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Wait....are you all wound up about the fact that this guy has taken advantage of you or about something that isn't likely to happen in the first place?

The odds are about as stupid as they get but "intent" counts.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    drwalker47 wrote: »
    Joke I like:

A man named Joe prays for 10 years every day to win the lottery.

Finally one day, the clouds roll back and a voice from Heaven speaks and says...

"Joe, meet me half way...buy a ticket!!!"

Now, I know that if God wanted me to be rich...I would not have to buy a ticket, but I did. LOL

A man holding with all his might a small satchel lays deep in the desert floor watching the buzzards, he knows he is gone, all burnt by the sun, hungry, thirsty and hurt all over passes over and is found still alive by a chubby short man on a donkey who rescues and takes him to town, days latter he wakes up in a room and first thing he does is look for the satchel, the guy that saved him hears the ruckus and steps in, by his outfit it is clear he is a priest who produces the satchel from one of his robes deep pockets giving it to the stranger who desperately checks it confirming that all the huge diamonds are still in.

The priest, hopeful, tells the man that God put "him" in his path to be saved so perhaps he should give "God" some of the diamonds, the stranger looks at the priest and replies quite serious:

"God can have as many as he desires"

He yells:

"There you go God, grab all you want"...

and throws the diamonds up in the air...
    NN wrote: »
    If you want I'll send you two tickets free.

Thanks, seems luck went to Arizona, the odds are stupid silly and all that, go tell that to the winner...someone at some point does win. Talk about a life changer.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,146 Senior Member
    I am missing something. Are you pissed off because he won something and refused to share it, or just because he didn't give you the tickets?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I am missing something. Are you pissed off because he won something and refused to share it, or just because he didn't give you the tickets?

"Pissed off", not, more disappointed, this is one guy I always considered to be a very straight shooter, maybe the wife does the thinking for him this days... Odds are again just too stupid to be of concern, what "bugged me" was that I simply asked a very simple and small favor from someone that owes me a lot and this person simply decided not to do so JIC there was a prize forth coming.

I used to live and then travel a lot to NY, LA and Miami and folks in PR, before we had lotto here, would ask me to buy them tickets, more so when there was a large prize, it never crossed my mind to keep the damned tickets in my possession "in case" I would get mine and those I got for others I put in an envelope with the person's name and mail or give them to them before the drawing, as far I was concerned they belonged to someone else.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Brunchi, that should tell you all that you need to know. Your friend values money over your friendship, obviously something that you both differ on. It may be best to write off your losses and send him on his way. I know that's a hard thing to do after so many years, but you have to ask yourself what "else" could he put ahead of you?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    Do you always keep tabs on favors you have done for friends?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Buford wrote: »
    Do you?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,660 Senior Member
    Do you?

Why would one do this with a friend?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Why would one do this with a friend?

Perhaps he's not keeping score, but the anger he is feeling is bringing back memories that make him feel betrayed by his friends current actions???? Just maybe. I dunno

It is so very easy to form a "one sentence" opinion on items foreign to oneself, you seem to be the proof of this.

I don't have an Excell spreadsheet for "favors" but it is not about keeping tabs, one simply cannot help remembering reality, the real question is if I place a value on them, I don't as a rule but I am as flawed as everyone and it is impossible at least for me not to remember stuff and put reality in perspective when TSHTF, even on something with so stupid odds as this.
    Perhaps he's not keeping score, but the anger he is feeling is bringing back memories that make him feel betrayed by his friends current actions???? Just maybe. I dunno

You are on the right track, not anger, he will stay here as long as he needs, I just saw what amounts to a small ugly side of someone, we all have them and I think that his wife who I never met and that supports him, including his 3 month stay in PR to mostly surf every day had a hand on this, hard to say no to your meal ticket.