Home Main Category Personal Defense

Ready to pull my .38 today

2»

Replies

  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    So what was the Humphrey Bogart movie where that famous line was used "Badge, I don't need no stinking badge" I forgot?????

    Treasure of the Sierra Madre ----1948
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,827 Senior Member
    madre.jpg

    What if this guy walked up to your window at the drive thru??
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    madre.jpg

    What if this guy walked up to your window at the drive thru??

    I'd say "Three Taco Supremes and a Super Burrito to go" :tooth::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    You can see how hungry he was at some point, he thought his hat was a taco grande and started eating it......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU&feature=fvwrel

    The line was:

    "We are Federales, you know, the mounted Police, If you are the Police, where are your badges ? badges ? we ain't got no badges, we don't need no badges, I don't have to show you any stinking badges........you better not come any closer !!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsdZKCh6RsU&feature=fvwrel

    The line was:

    "We are Federales, you know, the mounted Police, If you are the Police, where are your badges ? badges ? we ain't got no badges, we don't need no badges, I don't have to show you any stinking badges........you better not come any closer !!!!

    Yes that's the original. Way too long and it has been modified these days to use whenever a badge requirement comes up (like a badge/ID to get access to a restricted area) and when CCW/other badges comes up on here.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Oh, I know, however OTOH, many (Latin Policia) Police forces did not have badges, and it was a sore point when it did come up in question form......
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • dlistellodlistello New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Perfect example of entitlement/welfare behavior. Kudos on self restraint, not so much on not shooting but biting your tongue on poor behavior on her part. I'm not sure I would have been as mature. Dave
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Thanks for the movie-history lesson Doc....have always heard the line but never really looked it up, it was still funny when spoken by the bandidos in the recruitment line in "Blazing Saddles"....:tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Big, I had almost the same thing occur a few months ago at the local Walgreen med pickup window. Usually very efficient, the folks had mixed up my order and needed to refill a couple of the scripts. Like you, I had my window down, wallet w. ID, credit cards on the seat beside me.

    Must have been the same nutty woman you came across, she was wearing a bathrobe over jeans and old fluffy slippers, was apparently let out of an SUV sitting nearby and I'm guessing she just didn't want to sit in line, so she got out and slid into the space next to my driver door and began to push the button and holler into the mike.

    Pharmacist wasn't buying it, told the lady to wait her turn, there were 2 ahead of her. She started yelling and cussing. Myself, I wasn't even in it, she never looked at me, but I did run my window up and retrieve my Glock from the console.

    Thankfully the pharmacist has had this sort of problem and no patience, "Ma'm either you step aside and wait or I'll call security." So she did, went back to the SUV which then correctly pulled into line behind me and a 2nd car.

    Pharmacist then gave me my bag and I asked, "You get this a lot?" He nodded. "We know her, we've got a few like her on our list."

    So I was in the exact situation you were but the woman's attention was all on the window and none at me. So I stayed quiet, squeak squeak, and didn't need to test fire my .45 that day.

    A word of caution to all... although Big and I weren't targets, drivers waiting at a pharmacy, bank, or food driveup window are common targets of walk-up thieves. Be careful, get as close as possible to the window, watch your rear view for strangers, and keep your powder dry.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    dlistello wrote: »
    Perfect example of entitlement/welfare behavior. Kudos on self restraint, not so much on not shooting but biting your tongue on poor behavior on her part. I'm not sure I would have been as mature. Dave

    Welcome Aboard
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    My comments about ShotgunDave and also what Big Chief originally wrote... SD was rude in his comments and trying to pick a fight. His point would have been better received if he'd avoided the sarcasm.

    Thinking back to my own experience, it was almost a carbon copy (obsolete term, eh?) of Big's. I know Big's long term membership here and I'll bet he's not a hothead or someone to overreact. I seriously doubt Big would have taken any weapon-firing action. All he had to do was, of course, roll up his window and drive away if threatened, which he'd probably have done. Unless of course the woman was armed.

    I think Big was simply blue-skying a bit, adding up a lot of "ifs" that never eventuated. In my case the woman never even glanced at my car or me, just walked up to the window as if she owned it. And yes I did open my center console door and position my Glock, but that was all. She was never a threat to me or to anybody but herself, maybe the gal driving the SUV she got out of.

    Perhaps, just perhaps, Big Chief was, oh, 5% oversaying his case and knowing him from his excellent history here, I'd say he'd have to be under genuine threat before he "unloaded five" (or even one). And when you're in your locked door vehicle with the window up and the exit not blocked, and if the "attacker" is not armed, you're not under any genuine threat -- only harassment, I suppose. And in retrospect I'm pretty sure Big Chief feels the same.

    But Shotgundude, please reserve your sarcasm until you've "earned your wings" in this forum, have taken and given some sharpness and learned to mitigate your commentary.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Big, I had almost the same thing occur a few months ago at the local Walgreen med pickup window. Usually very efficient, the folks had mixed up my order and needed to refill a couple of the scripts. Like you, I had my window down, wallet w. ID, credit cards on the seat beside me.

    Must have been the same nutty woman you came across, she was wearing a bathrobe over jeans and old fluffy slippers, was apparently let out of an SUV sitting nearby and I'm guessing she just didn't want to sit in line, so she got out and slid into the space next to my driver door and began to push the button and holler into the mike.

    Pharmacist wasn't buying it, told the lady to wait her turn, there were 2 ahead of her. She started yelling and cussing. Myself, I wasn't even in it, she never looked at me, but I did run my window up and retrieve my Glock from the console.

    Thankfully the pharmacist has had this sort of problem and no patience, "Ma'm either you step aside and wait or I'll call security." So she did, went back to the SUV which then correctly pulled into line behind me and a 2nd car.

    Pharmacist then gave me my bag and I asked, "You get this a lot?" He nodded. "We know her, we've got a few like her on our list."

    So I was in the exact situation you were but the woman's attention was all on the window and none at me. So I stayed quiet, squeak squeak, and didn't need to test fire my .45 that day.

    A word of caution to all... although Big and I weren't targets, drivers waiting at a pharmacy, bank, or food driveup window are common targets of walk-up thieves. Be careful, get as close as possible to the window, watch your rear view for strangers, and keep your powder dry.

    Wow Sam, I'd all but forgotten about this thread. Like you, I took precautions, but only as a last resort and only if I was threatened or about to be robbed would I have used any type of deadly force. Lets say my antenna was perked up. Nothing wrong with taking precautions.

    There are some kooks out there who do crazy stuff. Same in FLA, some fruitcakes around when I went to Walgreen's there to pick-up some of Mrs Chief's prescriptions.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Wow Sam, I'd all but forgotten about this thread. Like you, I took precautions, but only as a last resort and only if I was threatened or about to be robbed would I have used any type of deadly force. Lets say my antenna was perked up. Nothing wrong with taking precautions.

    There are some kooks out there who do crazy stuff. Same in FLA, some fruitcakes around when I went to Walgreen's there to pick-up some of Mrs Chief's prescriptions.

    Don't sweat it Chief. You got Zombie threaded. I'm sure sam speaks for most if not all of us. I must say though that when I saw the thread title with the mispellings I thought it was a spam thread and Buffco and his entourage already had it going 2 full pages. Sadly though it was only shotspammer Dave. Noe we'll never know hoe many gus he has...
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with being "situation-aware". Last night, I pulled the bike over to adjust the fit on some of my riding gear, getting my gloves on before I hit the interstate, zip up the jacket, etc. I caught a bit of motion in my peripheral vision, and saw a scruffy-looking guy step out from between two buildings. He walked by within 10 feet or so, without making any moves in my direction, just nodded and walked on by. It turned out he was headed for the liquor store half a block up the street, but by appearing suddenly within a minute or so of my pulling to the side of the road, he got my attention. Straddling a motorcycle sort of limits a guy's options to fend off an attack, so I was immediately on guard. No problem this time, but it never hurts to be watchful in any situation where a predator might perceive vulnerability.
    Jerry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with being "situation-aware". Last night, I pulled the bike over to adjust the fit on some of my riding gear, getting my gloves on before I hit the interstate, zip up the jacket, etc. I caught a bit of motion in my peripheral vision, and saw a scruffy-looking guy step out from between two buildings. He walked by within 10 feet or so, without making any moves in my direction, just nodded and walked on by. It turned out he was headed for the liquor store half a block up the street, but by appearing suddenly within a minute or so of my pulling to the side of the road, he got my attention. Straddling a motorcycle sort of limits a guy's options to fend off an attack, so I was immediately on guard. No problem this time, but it never hurts to be watchful in any situation where a predator might perceive vulnerability.
    Jerry

    I sure saw a lot of bikes on the highway traveling from FLA back to TX Friday and Saturday. Some looked like organized rides of some kind. Veterans Day?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Agreed, BigChief. You were just reacting to a potential situation and that was perfectly within our code of behavior. And yeah, weirdos can come out of the woodwork pretty quickly.

    As to those who feel it unsafe to use a driveup window and instead to into the building, I really think that in your car, doors locked, firearm at hand, you're safer than you might be walking to the front door.

    Of course, there are simply places to NOT be... and some ghetto-border fast food, at midnight Friday, nope, I'll go home, thank you.

    Normally, though, I'm okay with driveups, and just watch my mirrors and scoot close to the window to lessen the gap.

    And naw, you did nothing wrong, either.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I sure saw a lot of bikes on the highway traveling from FLA back to TX Friday and Saturday. Some looked like organized rides of some kind. Veterans Day?

    Lots of vets' day rides- - - - -I rode in two of them in middle Tennessee with the Patriot Guard. The Americal Legion also has a very active bike group, the Shriners, and several other clubs. The ride in the Nashville Tennessee vets' parade had at least five clubs in addition to the PGR participating, about 200 bilkes in all. The other ride was to escort a disabled vet who makes a 30+ mile walk from Nashville to Lebanon TN from one veterans' memorial to another. He's done that for the past 5 years, every vets' day.
    Jerry
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    Lot of bikes on the road the last two days
    number 2 son showed up for lunch today on his.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    BTW, the Policia Nacional of the Dominican Republic does not currently have any "stinking" :jester: badges, they used to at one time, I intend to Re-Introduce badges as soon as I get a chance.

    They do have a nice patch, it is a re-design of the NYCPD patch, influenced by NYCPD Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly.

    patches1a1a2b.jpg
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    patches1a1a2b.jpg
    Who are you
    where are you

    Welcome aboard.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Who are you
    where are you

    Welcome aboard.


    Looks like he is or gonna be a "Banana Republican Cop"...........:tooth::guns::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    As Mae West used to say, come by and see Me some time !
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement