Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Illinois ban on carrying concealed weapons struck down

Replies

• lightkeeperlightkeeper Member Posts: 168 Member
    Illinois residents shouldn't get their hopes up. The Dems will do ANYTHING to keep concealed carry out of Illinois. They might even approve a bill permitting it and then make the requirements so restrictive and the license fee so high that 99% of the people won't even bother to try.
    Just like they did when the courts ruled against Chicago's handgun ban.
    Unless it can stuff the pockets of the Emanual/Axelrod/Daley political gang it ain't gonna happen.
  • SideOfBaconSideOfBacon Member Posts: 111 Member
    Illinois residents shouldn't get their hopes up. The Dems will do ANYTHING to keep concealed carry out of Illinois. They might even approve a bill permitting it and then make the requirements so restrictive and the license fee so high that 99% of the people won't even bother to try.
    Unless it can stuff the pockets of the Emanual/Axelrod/Daley political gang it ain't gonna happen.

Probably true. But still good news today.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    You can't carry concealed in Illinois unless you are a state senator, and trying to board a plane. Ask Donne Trotter.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,196 Senior Member

That's exactly what happened in MD. They say they're a 'shall issue' state, but unless you're an independent businessman carrying cash, forget it. Even then, they lean on you; they say things to you like, "We'll dispatch a patrol car to drive you to the bank or follow you to the bank, rather than give you a CCL." Does that sound like a "shall issue" state to you? Blankety-blank bastiges are sub-human.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    I look at this with a bit of a juandiced eye. Like a lot of things the Feds do, it sounds good....

Remember, what Uncle Sam giveth, Uncle Sam will undoubtedly taketh away....and then some.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,385 Senior Member

Well sure, however in the long run, this can be a good thing. The RTKABA is FINALLY getting reinforcement on constitutional grounds. We've had these clowns spewing the "legitimate sporting purposes" crap for decades, but now their intentions will be more obviously laid bare as attempts to circumvent the supreme law of the land. Never as quick as we want, but it IS progress.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Well sure, however in the long run, this can be a good thing. The RTKABA is FINALLY getting reinforcement on constitutional grounds. We've had these clowns spewing the "legitimate sporting purposes" crap for decades, but now their intentions will be more obviously laid bare as attempts to circumvent the supreme law of the land. Never as quick as we want, but it IS progress.

True. but if they can doink it up, they will.

Frankly, I'd rather see Illinois come to their sense and legislate this all by their lonesome, without uncle stepping in.
    George Carlin
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,385 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    True. but if they can doink it up, they will.

Frankly, I'd rather see Illinois come to their sense and legislate this all by their lonesome, without uncle stepping in.

Illinois (the state I lived in until I was 12) and California (the state I live in now) are both sufficiently screwed by their main liberal-voting population centers (Chicago, L.A. and S.F.), that intervention by the Fed is pretty much to be desired - sad, but true. Fixing both these states within their own legislatures is a pipe dream - it's gonna take the courts.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member

I agree, at least it's a trend in the right direction.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
    Illinois (the state I lived in until I was 12) and California (the state I live in now) are both sufficiently screwed by their main liberal-voting population centers (Chicago, L.A. and S.F.), that intervention by the Fed is pretty much to be desired - sad, but true. Fixing both these states within their own legislatures is a pipe dream - it's gonna take the courts.

Baby steps...
    George Carlin
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    Sir George, sure you can carry concealed in Illinois, IF you're a senator or a gang member.