Home Main Category Hunting

Buck fighting a dead buck video

Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior MemberPosts: 8,201 Senior Member
I had a hard time believing what I was seeing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YDFiy2Pn78E
Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Completely surreal! Not spooked in the least. I told you guys these critters are wierd.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,201 Senior Member
    Yes, and during the rut even more so.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Without the rut, we would have a lot tougher time tagging some of those bucks. I've seen them do some crazy stuff when "under the influence".
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,060 Senior Member
    That was something different, hey.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    I have watched some crazy stuff and seen some in the field but that takes the cake and I will have to say I thoroughly enjoyed that video. Got to show my grandson. thanks for the link
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Pretty trippy.....but a couple things bother me about the hunters actions in that video......"should I fire my gun (to scare off the buck)?----"where IS my gun?" and "should I fire into the ground?" "just fire it in the air....fire into the trees or something".......:roll:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • DurwoodDurwood Senior Member Posts: 972 Senior Member
    I'm afraid this would have turned out differently if I had been involved:jester:
    You have the right to your own opinion, but you don't have the right to your own facts:guns:
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    That was just too wild.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Pretty trippy.....but a couple things bother me about the hunters actions in that video......"should I fire my gun (to scare off the buck)?----"where IS my gun?" and "should I fire into the ground?" "just fire it in the air....fire into the trees or something".......:roll:

This kind of alarmed me as they distanced themselves from their rifle and weren't even sure where they put it. A friend and I were challenged by a big buck while hiking around Llano River State Park in Texas during the rut and we were getting pretty nervous as we weren't armed and the deer kept advancing as we backed up. That deer could have easily turned on one of them and things would have turned from amusing to disasterous pretty quick.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Good thing they shut down comments. A couple of dumb asses for sure.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.