Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

My Federal Jury Duty experience

2»

Replies

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    They looked up your DMV record and saw you were "long in the tooth" :tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,756 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    You are of little help. You like the system? Then you have to help make it work.
    At the loss of income that would help support the family? I don't see that suffering financially to "help the system" as being all that important.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    At the loss of income that would help support the family? I don't see that suffering financially to "help the system" as being all that important.

If everyone thought like that there would be no jurors.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,756 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    If everyone thought like that there would be no jurors.
    Every system of required service has exemptions. I believe that if it were truly a hardship, then a person should be exempted.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Every system of required service has exemptions. I believe that if it were truly a hardship, then a person should be exempted.

They do, I don't have a problem with that. A lot of folks just don't want to put up with the inconvenience.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    In my opinion, the reason we always have bad government is the same reason why people try to evade the responsibilty of serving on a jury, or voting. They don't accept the responsibilities that come with freedom, only taking what the 'system' will give them, and still thinking that it isn't enough. Most folks are just too lazy to think much on the subject of freedom, and how it was achieved and maintained, or how it can be lost. This lesson took a long time for this country to learn, and recent generations have done a piss poor job of passing these lessons on to the generation that followed them. That lesson will either be re-learned, the hard way, or we will give up our remaining freedoms and become just like all the other decadent nations of the world.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Good point, Bisley. For instance, less than 1% of our population serves in the military these days. I'm all for some sort of mandatory "public service" commitment. If someone can't grow a pair and do a couple of years in the military, there's always all kinds of civilian-type jobs available. If the politicians think they can force us to buy health care insurance, why not create a few public service bedpan-emptying positions for the cowards to fill? That should drop the cost of government-provided cradle to grave care.
    Jerry
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,085 Senior Member
    Of course ANY employer that docks an employees pay because they are on jury duty should be publicly flogged. For those who work for the Federal Govt, we were kept on the clock, but had to turn any monies we recieved in connection with jury duty over to the Govt.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"