Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Anyone watching Obama?

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
Gun control is on the menu...
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 2,315 Senior Member
    And so it begins.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Yep....both watched it and recognized how he slipped that in.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,840 Senior Member
    We'll see folks. Pres. Obama doesn't have to worry about a reelection, but all those Senators do. I'm also seeing a LOT more clamor about mental health than I remember even as recently as the Aurora incident.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
    Look at Tuscon, Aurora, now Newtown......all people with mental health issues. We can't legislate crazy past an invasion of privacy to medical records as Buford pointed out in another thread......the is no viable way to stop the madness......You can ban everything on the planet....someone will find a way to commit violence.

Sometimes the only way to fight fire is with fire......first responders aren't "first enough"....short of turning a school into a prison like some inner-city schools are now......there should be an armed response ON-SITE.

I don't hear anyone poo-pooing Fire Extinguishers close to most exits.....yet we know they ain't as good enough as the Fire Department that's on the way......I don't hear anyone poo-pooing AEDs in their office area or someone trained in CPR......even though there's an ambulance on the way.

Heck, see it as a way to create jobs with proper training if we don't have the personnel.....we did it with the TSA....yeah that's a joke....hence the adequate training.

If nobody can brainstorm viable solutions, then we are all just barking up a tree.

Law cannot be ruled by passion alone.....there must be facts and reason.

Now, watching Piers Tonight....is the Media to blame like Morgan Freeman said......no, but somewhat. Google Challenger Disaster and see the difference in how Dan Rather reported the incident VS the Pop-Tart "reporting" that goes on today. So much knee-jerk speculation and misinformation that goes on today......it reminds me of a Jack-in-the-Box commercial......."I'm a food critic"..."Sooo.....you're a blogger with a lap-top that likes to eat!?"
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Didn't watch it. Didn't need to to know what he would say. I've pondered this much. I'm not as worried as at first. I can guarantee you my 2 Senators won't vote for any draconian new law. Most if not all of my Reps won't either. We take our guns and our rights very seriously here.
    Guessing here but from Texas East, votes will be scarce as hen's teeth. I don't care about winning any sort of battle in the media or a popularity contest. The NRA will be vilified, Obama will go into campaign mode, so what. I thought about going out and buying a 1/2 dozen ARs, with extra mags and some Glocks too, but I just think we should stand our ground on this, call/email your Reps and fight. NBC doesn't vote, nor does PMSLSD, Chris Mathews, et al will spew lies like Obama on assault weapons and so forth, again, so what, call 'em out on their lies.

Edit: what 5280 said. Excellent argument.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Anyone watching Obama?

That scumbag bears watching all the time- - - - -just like any other snake, weasel, or scorpion!

Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Like Rahm Emanuel said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste." Play on people's fear and they will fall for any lie and give up their rights for a little supposed security. Herd mentality.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,214 Senior Member
    I watched what he had to say....and had no problems with his sentiments, actually what I would expect from our President in light of this mess.....but when he got off on the "we've got to change", "is this the price of our freedom? (paraphrased), and "everything in my power" I felt I knew what he was alluding to without him actually saying it....but perhaps I'm just being too cynical....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Teach wrote: »
    Anyone watching Obama?

That scumbag bears watching all the time- - - - -just like any other snake, weasel, or scorpion!

Jerry

Teach, my SIL and his pregnant wife are in town for the holidays, He's ANG, she's a teacher from Alaska, both right minded conservatives.
    He was telling me today that he saw where those idiots from Westboro are planning on making an appearance at the funerals. Are your brothers in the Patriot Guard aware of this or...
  • Mike S.Mike S. New Member Posts: 17 New Member
    What a shameless pimp, using this tragic incident to ramrod the rabid left wing agenda down our throats. Those of us who understand and value the constitution aren't even allowed to grieve those killed as we are having to scurry to preserve our 2nd amendment rights, and consequently every other right and freedom this country previously afforded us. Predictably, Finkstein didn't skip a beat utilizing this "opportunity" either.

I never thought that the profound decline and fall of our great nation would happen in my lifetime, but alas such seems incontrovertibly the case.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”- Thomas Jefferson
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The PGR limits itself to funerals of current military members, veterans, and current and former First Responders, and we only ride at the request of the family. I'm sure they would make an exception to that general rule if a request was made by one or more families, but we don't ever show up uninvited. The Westboro "Baptists" are a particularly virulent bunch, and if I expressed my opinion or what needs to be done with them I'd get banned for sure! You're welcome to read between the lines, though!
    :angry::angry::angry:
    Jerry

EDIT: From the PGR website:

*** Connecticut Elementary Shootings ***

The recent, tragic shootings in Connecticut weigh heavy on us all. The Patriot Guard understands the anguish caused by such a calamity as this and our hearts go out to the family and friends of those affected by this horrific event.

We (PGR) receive hundreds of emails a day requesting the PGR to stand in honor at the planned services. However, the PGR is not a counter protest group. Our mission statement is clear and regrettably the circumstances surrounding this tragic event do not fall within our mission statement. For more details on our missions statement, please go to www.PatriotGuard.org and review the information located in the “About Us” section in the Site Navigation section.

Again, our hearts go out to all of the families of the affected families, and to the community as a whole, for this tremendous loss.

Patriot Guard Riders, Inc.
    At that same sentiment that Teach holds.....some of those Westboro "people" need a prolonged baptism......you really wanna come to terms with your maker? Well here you go.....go meet 'm in person!
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    It was pretty clear what "O" meant. I turned to Fox afterward and they heard it like we did.
    Going back to the program.....an inter-faith memorial...and trying to not bring religion into this....but I just wanted to comment on the beauty of Judea prayer, the way it's sung.....I have no idea of the meaning, but it sounds pretty mournful and appropriate. Reminds me of the opening scene in Schindler's List.....and in a way the morning prayers to Islam from the Minnarates in Saudi Arabia......I'm a musician by hobby, and I find certain tonal arraingements as aurally pleasing whatever they mean.

It's like the Reader's Digest version of the "Ode on a Grecian Urn" as it was taught to me in a classical drama class......"Truth is Beauty, and Beauty is in the Truth".
    Understood Teach. It was a question, not a request.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,817 Senior Member
    F NO I didn't watch it. I am not into self torture. He could not say anything different than what most of us "knew" was on the political menu. I really do not need to be more pissed off/saddened than I already am.

I am going to thank my "Higher Power" for what I have and grieve for those that do not.
    Remember that saying.....keep your friends close.....and your enemies closer......a lion needs to be watched.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    I think its time to get our pitch forks and go to DC. A million pitch fork march
    is what we need, anything less is [email protected]#ing up a rope. JMO`
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Think I'll write a book and shamelessly modify the title from some Psychobabble-ist years ago........"I'm OK, but y'all ain't" :jester::jester:

I'm not making light of serious mental problems some folks have and need help, but where will the line be drawn?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    I don't watch him any more, at all...just cannot bear it. But I have understood what his agenda is from the beginning, and the only thing that ever surprises me is how many people don't see or care what road he's trying to take us down.
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 479 Member
    Can't stand listening to the guy's voice, but I forced myself to watch it just to confirm what we already knew he'd turn this into.

As if this could become any more heart wrenching, wait until the funerals begin. The MSM will take what would normally be legitimate human interest stories, and pounce on them for maximum political benefit.
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Saw it,... phone bl;ew up with my friends calling asking if I was watching him... He did everything but come out and say "he was going after guns"....
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Grizz1219 wrote: »
    Saw it,... phone bl;ew up with my friends calling asking if I was watching him... He did everything but come out and say "he was going after guns"....

His typical modus operandi would be to wait until his cronies on the major networks have properly 'prepped' us, by politicizing the funerals of the dead children, and then come out with a tearful speech demanding that the Congress take immediate and decisive action.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,793 Senior Member
    Did anyone notice the fake "tears" that he wiped off? This lying pig could win a Hollyweed academy award for fake emotion and BS stories.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Bill Clinton taught him how to tear up on Que.
    Did anyone notice the fake "tears" that he wiped off? This lying pig could win a Hollyweed academy award for fake emotion and BS stories.
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Gun control is on the menu...

I knew it would be.......and with CNN and others blaming the guns every report.......and going after the heart strings of Americans.......we will have new "Assault Weapons" law in this country real soon.......either by vote.........or by Royal Presidential edict.................GCA 68 was pushed through on emotions...and the press and polutions around the country are going to use these poor kids to gain any advantage they can.............done deal I'm afraid........Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    And their (politicians, news media and gun-grabbers) misspoken/erroneous words, downright lies and descriptions about firearms don't really make a hoot right now. They are hell bent for leather and won't let an oppurtuinty slip by to exploit this tragedy to the utmost.

Senator Lautenberg has jumped on the bandwagon. I reckon his ill conceived Domestic Violence Lautenberg Act didn't screw gun-owners enough for his taste, where even long past non-violent misdemeanors took gun rights away from Americans, including many career soldiers and LEOs. If there ever was a grave I'd like to piss on, it would be his. He might outlive me, I dunno, but that's about the most disrespectful thing I could thunk of to show my disdain for an individual at the moment. Not wishing him any harm, but the old fart needs to go away and out to pasture before he does any more harm to the RKBA.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,793 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    ...........Not wishing him any harm, but the old fart needs to go away and out to pasture before he does any more harm to the RKBA.
    I'll say it for you: He and people like him can eat crap and DIE!!
    :head: :buff: :angry:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    It appears that Obama is taking a bit of a step back and acknowledging the "obstacles" that would get in the way of more gun control...
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-highlights-obstacles-taking-action-guns-205115017--politics.html
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Mike S.Mike S. New Member Posts: 17 New Member
    I'd like to see him take a step back, right off of that fiscal cliff.:angry:
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”- Thomas Jefferson