Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

How far will it go........10/5 rounds mags or worse?

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
What do y'all thunk will pass Congress next year? Couple Republicans Congressmen were on GMA and said they will support a ban, I heard.
Why are they giving up so soon? Is it a given a new law will pass? How far will they go, illegal to own anything like an AR and/or 5 or 10 round mag capacity? Must turn in "illegal" Hi-cap mags you already own?

The buzzards smell blood and it ain't gonna be purty for us law abiding gun owners.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,453 Senior Member
    So far all I'm hearing is the 1994 gun ban stuff; maximum 10 round magazines and rifles out there now grandfathered in. We will see soon if the Constitution's Article 1 Section 9 is obeyed:

"No bill of attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed."

They've violated it with impunity in the past.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    The fallacy to banning 30 rd. mags is 3-10 mags. have the same overall capacity and takes split seconds to change. No Law has ever prevented any crime from being committed, nor gun control law has reduced crime or prevented a crime.