Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Mother of shooter petitioned the court to put shooter away

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
This MAY change some of the dynamics of the gun control debate and it may focus somewhat more on mental health issues/treatment if cooler heads prevail. However, the gun-grabbers want only guns to be the main topic and will try and push their longtime dream goal of more restrictive gun legislation through while this horrible shooting incident is fresh on everyone's mind. What better examples are there than massacred children killed by an evil assault weapon.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fear-being-committed-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/

“From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/18/fear-being-committed-may-have-caused-connecticut-madman-to-snap/#ixzz2FSWSsAzl
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,131 Senior Member
    Wow. That could explain quite a bit.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Wow. That could explain quite a bit.

Yes, if she filed the paperwork and the CT courts delayed/denied her request or said he would have to commit an act of violence first before being committed. A lot more will come out of this as time goes on. It may be why the WH backed off a little and said the "Whole" picture will have to be examined, which I take as a closer look at mental health issues.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Talk about a catch 22. Medical record confidentially, what's that? You your doctor and the government.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,196 Senior Member
    If true that would explain why he killed her, more or less, but why take it out on the kids? He really must have been a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. And we're likely to pay the price for it.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Talk about a catch 22. Medical record confidentially, what's that? You your doctor and the government.

The police have requested all the shooters "Mental Health Records" for their investigations. They are currently restricted. How they will tackle this issue concerning future gun buyers/owners is anyones guess.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,521 Senior Member
    Usually medical records are released after death. However, the issue of reporting while alive could be a big hairball.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    If true that would explain why he killed her, more or less, but why take it out on the kids? He really must have been a few french fries short of a Happy Meal. And we're likely to pay the price for it.

There has been so much misinformation on this story, but what they said today was the mom volunteered at the school and he was very jealous of her time there
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,131 Senior Member

According to the article, they said that the mom did volunteer at the school last year for a kindergarten class.

She loved them more than she loved him. So he wanted to destroy what she loved. She called him crazy... by golly, he showed her crazy-- that could have been his mindset.

Obviously, this is all speculation right now, it will never make sense to me, but we might start to see what motivated him.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine