Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

We can't balance our checkbook, but we can solve "the gun issue" overnight!?

5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior MemberPosts: 3,923 Senior Member
So let me get this straight.......we can't come to terms with who should be taxed what by income.....press for everybody, even the unemployed to have a mandatory health insurance plan......and yet, on a knee-jerk emotional reaction, we as a nation all of sudden have the solution to prevent "gun violence" in America within a week's notice?

We've been stonewalling at Mid-east atrocities for a good year now.....but all of a sudden we have the Final Solution to our own bad habits of killing each other...

Meanwhile, we can't get power back to people in New York City.....can't take care of our own homeless and destitute people.......but some chair-polisher is more concerned whether or not I, in the safe interior of the country, can have a simile of the weapon I carried in combat? What the heck!....over!?

I know it's not just me....y'all are thinking the same thing.....time to bite the hand that thinks it's feeding us....:angry:
God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    It's worse than that 5280. Consider:
    We now live in a country where you don't have to prove your citizenship to vote.
    But if you can prove you're a citizen you have to prove you have health insurance.
    But if you can prove you're NOT a citizen, then you're eligible for free health care.
    To say this out loud makes you a racist.
    As a private citizen, supposedly a free person, to fly on a private airline, one must submit to grope and change. It seems we have to either prove our worthiness or low to zero threat level at every turn.

Regarding, " but all of a sudden we have the Final Solution to our own bad habits of killing each other..." Our bad habits have always been so. Look how the Patriot act was rushed through while the fearful crowds demanded the government DO SOMETHING to keep us safe. Same thing now. But there is no law that can ever keep an incident like this from happening again. But I'm sure they'll think of something that will only further infringe on our already trampled freedoms and liberty.
    I can't tell you how many people I've heard say things like, "Well as long as it keeps us safe".
    Those are chains; not armor.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,444 Senior Member
    Even if guns magically disappeared tomorrow, the mass killings would continue. There are many other means to cause the deaths of large numbers of people that don't use firearms. They've been doing it overseas for decades. I don't feel it necessary to outline the methods used over there.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams