Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

John Boehner- - - - -RINO?

TeachTeach Senior MemberPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
It looks like John Boehner just learned a valuable, but painful lesson about getting the Tea Party conservatives whizzed off. His attempt to rein them in by removing people from key committee positions a few days ago just backfired on him. He's always impressed me as being the ultimate insider, more interested in retaining his position of influence than having any real convictions, and a whiny wuss to boot. I think he needs to bow out gracefully and let someone with some manhood run the House of Representatives. He's obviously not up to the challenge.
Jerry

Replies

• ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    Teach wrote: »
    It looks like John Boehner just learned a valuable, but painful lesson about getting the Tea Party conservatives whizzed off. His attempt to rein them in by removing people from key committee positions a few days ago just backfired on him. He's always impressed me as being the ultimate insider, more interested in retaining his position of influence than having any real convictions, and a whiny wuss to boot. I think he needs to bow out gracefully and let someone with some manhood run the House of Representatives. He's obviously not up to the challenge.
    Jerry

Boehner knows the Dems have leverage based on last election. There is more political pressure on Republicans to cave than Dems. All Dems have to do is wait it out. Boehner is just a guy trying to negotiate from a weak position. Tough thing to do. This negotiation was lost in the election.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Had he grown a set way before the election, things may have turned out different.......
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    The proper way to run the House is to pass the best bill you can gather a majority to support, on issues that your constituents sent you up there to address. The House did that months ago, and their constituents were mostly satisfied with it. It is sitting in the Senate, now, dead on arrival, because Harry Reid won't even allow it to be debated, much less voted on. Their job, now, is to scream to high heaven about the uselessness of a Senate that will not do their job.

Boehner has apparently bought into the idea that a president who won by a very slim margin actually has a 'mandate' and can get anything he demands. That is total hogwash. The House of Representatives is the body of the government that is most dependent on the people they have been elected to represent, thanks to their two year terms, and their job is to pass good legislation and block bad legislation...regardless of how corrupt the Senate and the president are.

Sure, the press will vilify the conservatives in the House and help the president try to hammer them into submission, but if they didn't know that was going to happen, going in, then they are fools. The people that elected them had no intention of choosing a politician to bless with a life-long career and a great retirement - they chose them because they believed them most likely to carry out the business they wanted done. They work on a series of two year contracts, or just one, if they are perceived as failing, and that means they have to produce...or in the case of some, bring home the bacon.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,758 Senior Member
    I have not been satisfied with Boehner since he was made speaker, and now that he has been eliminating TEA party types from committees, I think he needs to go.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    My congressman unseated a longtime liberal dem in the Tea Party sweep of 2010, and I've been keeping his email inbox full encouraging him to stay the conservative course. If your guy happens to have some C.O. Jones, keep reminding him/her that there are people out here with conservative principles. Washington has a habit of corrupting even basically good people in a big hurry unless the citizens hold their feet to the fire!
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    My congressman unseated a longtime liberal dem in the Tea Party sweep of 2010, and I've been keeping his email inbox full encouraging him to stay the conservative course. If your guy happens to have some C.O. Jones, keep reminding him/her that there are people out here with conservative principles. Washington has a habit of corrupting even basically good people in a big hurry unless the citizens hold their feet to the fire!
    Jerry

My congressman is Louis Gohmert, a former district court judge in my county. He has been 100% stalwart in supporting the conservative values I believe in, and of late, in opposing John Boehner's weak-kneed behavior in a very vocal way. I don't have to write him because he seems to be reading my mind. He has been up there long enough to have become as corrupt as anyone else, but he seems to be holding the line. I attribute this to the fact that he spends a lot of time in his district, and is hearing his constituency. I respected him as a judge, and I haven't changed my opinion about him, in twenty years of following his work.
    bisley wrote: »
    My congressman is Louis Gohmert, a former district court judge in my county.........
    I like this guy, I have seen him on FOX News several times and each time I am impressed with his stance on the issues.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    .........If your guy happens to have some C.O. Jones, keep reminding him/her that there are people out here with conservative principles......
    I have been writing letters to the people who represent me, but unfortunately Bell Nelson and Corrine Brown are two of the worst liberals in Florida. I have written Marco Rubio, and he usually sends me a thoughtful response. I get liberal gibberish from the other two douchebags.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT: