It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Vic's Viewpoint wrote: »
I predict massive non-compliance, or worse - perhaps much worse - if they try that here.
steffen19k wrote: »
I've posted that video to my facebook page. I'm sure it's going to make me some enemies there.
Lets hope China invades
bowserb wrote: »
I disagree. I see massive compliance...with a "mandatory buy back", that is. Confiscation would be illegal theft by government, and the legal system would prevent it. After that, though, the law of unintended consequences would kick in. After the government buys our AR and AK and hi cap handgun mags, we start to adapt. Unfortunately the Desert Eagle fits the old AW def, but we can still get 10mm Glocks and 45 cal Beretta CX4 Storms and Hi-Point 4595 carbines. Or, if you have the coins, there is a particular American made bolt action long range rifle...cannot say the name, as we do not know who is monitoring...to satisfy your target shooting hobby needs.
glockman0422 wrote: »
This would be the worst nightmare if this were to happen here in the USA:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8RDWltHxRc
Pelagic Kayaker wrote: »
Imagine if our Founding Fathers gave in to ''mandatory buyback'' when it came to signing their names...
bowserb wrote: »
There are lots of things now that seem unimaginable for 200 years ago. Imagine if 49% of their population were being supported by the other 51%. Imagine luxury housing (putting greens, pools, workout rooms, saunas--documented Sec 8 Housing in Houston, Texas), cell phones, food including restaurants, medical care, cable TV...for 49% of the population paid for by the remaining tiny majority of taxpayers.
The facts of living in America today, as other than exceptionally rich, or designated as "poor", would seem far fetched even forty years ago, yet they are how it is. The federal government says, "We will give you your original purchase price plus 10% for your now-illegal AR-15, AK-47, and other "assault weapons", plus the same deal for your over-10 round capacity handgun magazines." You will comply, because you are part of that 51% of Americans who pay taxes and otherwise obey the law. So will I. Then we look for alternatives. Handguns in .50 cal, pistol caliber carbines, Barrett .50 cal rifles, we do what remains legal after the buyback, and we make the most of it.
There are no more patriots. Only criminals in and out of government. Most of the Founding Fathers died or lost their fortunes. People aren't willing to do that anymore. Remember, almost half our population is supported by the government (with our money).
Temporary Price Reduction
Give a Gift
PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE
Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.