Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

NY Gov Cuomo says "Gun confiscation could be an option"

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
Finally a liberal had the balls to say what I've suspected all along.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/new-york-gov-andrew-cuomo-on-gun-control-confiscation-could-be-an-option/
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• bmlbml Senior Member Posts: 1,075 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

I have been searching the web a bit today, and there are no shortage of folks advocating for confiscation. I don't think even Pelosi or Feinstein are deranged enough to try that............yet
    scottd wrote: »
    The milk of human kindness is often out dated and curdled.

This is like watching a bunch or **** trying to hump a door knob.....
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    bml wrote: »
    I have been searching the web a bit today, and there are no shortage of folks advocating for confiscation. I don't think even Pelosi or Feinstein are deranged enough to try that............yet

I don't think it will make it on a federal level, but liberal states will try it. California has required registration for all sport utility rifles. It doesn't take much of an imagination to see where this can go.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    I don't think it will make it on a federal level, but liberal states will try it. California has required registration for all sport utility rifles. It doesn't take much of an imagination to see where this can go.

is a "Sport utility" rifle?
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Come and get me.
    Come and get me.
    Come and get me.
    Come and get me.
    Come and get me.
    Come and get me.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    (Apologies to Buck from City Slickers)
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,897 Senior Member
    Swinestein also mentioned it during her rant on Meet the Press last week!!
    JLDickmon wrote: »
    is a "Sport utility" rifle?

Semi autos with pistol grips, detachable magazines, flash suppessors, bayonet lugs, black paint jobs, etc.

Adam J. McCleod

• KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    So if I paint it green they will leave it alone?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    "Molon Labe"!
    Jerry
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    I wonder where they are going folks to risk life and limb to enforce it................I don't many LEOs or Military personal that would try to enforce that order.....Ken
    My idea of a warning shot is when the 2nd bad guy watches his 1st buddy go down....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Maybe Cumo and the NYC Mayor can get together and exchange saliva and then hold hands because they refuse to hold a gun to defend themselves or their constituents and walk off toward a Diverse Utopian Rainbow to Never Never Land together and hopefully neither will come back.:devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,020 Senior Member
    I wonder how many people they will be willing to kill on both sides in order to quell violence?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    There trying to ban Assault Rifles, 32oz soft drinks. How about a ban from coming south? That would work for me.There are many more gun supporters than gun haters. The media is whipping the Libs up on gun control and making It look like most people want the the ban. This was done before but in 1994 they wouldn't renew the law so it expired. If there were that many gun haters the law would have been renewed. The Libs are too stupid to understand how much they are helping gun sales at present. It's odd how things work out. Think Positive for Christmas! I'm positive there're idiots. :bang: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
    KENFU1911 wrote: »
    I wonder where they are going folks to risk life and limb to enforce it................I don't many LEOs or Military personal that would try to enforce that order.....Ken

Ken, sadly you are mistaken. Remember Katrina?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/12/22/police-wonder-if-theyll-need-to-confiscate-assault-weapons-in-event-of-ban/

Adam J. McCleod

Jayhawker wrote: »
    I wonder how many people they will be willing to kill on both sides in order to quell violence?

This^. When the theoretical turn-in amnesty ends, there will be door to door searches. At some point there will be killings. If the deceased is a cop, they will ratchet up the violence same as no-knock drug raids. Wrong houses will be hit (same as drug raids) and the cops will seize all weapons, not just black rifles. I honestly believe this has the potential to spark a civil war.

Adam J. McCleod

• rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,166 Senior Member
    It won't be LEO, NG or the Army. It'll be UN troops.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God 9 not by works, lest any man should boast.
    Ephesians 2:8-9
    rbsivley wrote: »

Do I think there are some mindless LEO's and military that would do whatever they are told? I certainly do, but I don't think they are enough of a percentage to make confiscation on any large scale a reality. When it comes to the UN, I think that would go over like a turd in a punchbowl. I'm not ruling out confiscation, but I think it will be a few more generations before it has a chance.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,444 Senior Member
    rbsivley wrote: »

If the U.S. government brings in foreign troops to do that, the gloves will really come off. The Civil War will be like a Sunday social in comparison.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Blue helmets make good targets. I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to close the hunting season in 1865!
    Jerry
    tennmike wrote: »
    If the U.S. government brings in foreign troops to do that, the gloves will really come off. The Civil War will be like a Sunday social in comparison.
    Teach wrote: »
    Blue helmets make good targets. I'm beginning to think it was a mistake to close the hunting season in 1865!
    Jerry

I venture to say they would never make landfall before our military would quickly choose sides, and our current command structure would be reorganized with a quickness.

• Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,192 Senior Member
    Ken, sadly you are mistaken. Remember Katrina?

Good point. However, I do feel that a nationwide confiscation order would be met with groups of armed citizens, at least here and there. It would get messy fast.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Seems to me that a lot of folks have forgotten that the civil war got started by some people sayin' "y'all ain't gonna tell ME what to do!" A little insurrection here, some federal enforcement there.....a few years later, over a half a million people were dead.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    Regarding Katrina, the NOLa police department has long been known to be among the most corrupt in the country. It was in their best interest - at least the ones who didn't just say "screw this" and walked off the job - to seize their subjects' weapons.

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Regarding Katrina, the NOLa police department has long been known to be among the most corrupt in the country. It was in their best interest - at least the ones who didn't just say "screw this" and walked off the job - to seize their subjects' weapons.

What concerned me the most was the LEOs from outside Louisiana going door to door. The CHP officers beating the old woman with an antique revolver comes to mind.

Adam J. McCleod

Yep, the rent-a-cops from out of state did a lot of the heavy lifting after Katrina. The locals were either AWOL, or they knew they could be wearing a target on their backs for the rest of their careers. If any effort to confiscate weapons is attempted, I'm pretty sure the resistance will be more than just the occasional firefight.
    Jerry
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    All I can say is... I would not respect the badge if they come to my door... They would be viewed as an intruder and dealt with accordingly... As I am sure they will deal with me in the same manner... Turning law abiding people into criminals with a swipe of a pen...
    Hey, it's worked in the past.

Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Saddam...

NRA Endowment Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Yep, the rent-a-cops from out of state did a lot of the heavy lifting after Katrina. The locals were either AWOL, or they knew they could be wearing a target on their backs for the rest of their careers. If any effort to confiscate weapons is attempted, I'm pretty sure the resistance will be more than just the occasional firefight.
    Jerry

Serious question...What authority do out-of-state cops have? Is there a federal law? Are they required to have a working knowledge of the local laws?

If I hear banging at my front door, and I see armed people that are NOT wearing the uniform of my county sheriffs, they will be considered home invaders.

Adam J. McCleod

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,246 Senior Member
    The same people that say there is no way they could find and round up 15 million illegal aliens are the same ones that think they can find and round up all 300 Million firearms.

Liberal Logic is so funny.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov