Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

DC police investigating NBC's Gregory over purported high-capacity magazine on show

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,825 Senior Member

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hang the scumbag! Throw him into the DC jail with a bunch of drug dealers, robbers, and hookers! Then offer him the choice of a gun or a restraining order to defend himself with!
    Jerry
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    He'll be screaming to the heavens about his First Amendment rights.

If that works for him, where can we all get some press credentials?
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    It wasn't his! He found it on the sidewalk in the 'hood... no wait that won't work... He borrowed it from a local service man.. not good either, uhm... The NRA did it! yeah that's the ticket.. I got it from an NRA person....

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    "I had that darn LaPierre fella on the show last week and he gave it to me as a "present"! Honest!!
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    He could get about $50 for one of those high capacity clips if he is interested in selling.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    My, how things change! I've got an engraved Smith & Wesson Model 10 in a presentation case, along with a DC police department badge that was sold as a fund-raising commemorative piece by the Washington DC police department. How's that for being a bunch of hypocrites?
    :roll: :roll::roll:
    Jerry
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,917 Senior Member
    As stupid as it sounds, DC isn't the only place with this attitude towards a box with a spring in it....up until a short time ago in Topeka, KS a magazine was considered a "weapon", having one in your car, even without a firearm was considered "carrying a concealed weapon"...If the magazine happens to be loaded, then each round in the magazine was considered a separate CCW charge. Idiocy has no bounds.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    ......I saw the clip and it looked like a standard aluminum GI mag, but hard to tell if it was a a complete mag or even an Airsoft mag.............
    Uhhhh, which "clip" are you talking about...the film clip, or the magazine (clip)? Even you know better than that.

:jester:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • tigman.uktigman.uk Member Posts: 332 Member

Wonder if they will pursue charges if it was a real hi-cap mag
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    Dick Gregory is a liberal. If he was caught in bed with a naked 8 year old kid (your choice of gender), an assault rifle, and a 100 rnd. drum magazine, nothing would happen. It doesn't matter what a liberal does to make his point. And don't play stupid - you know there's a double standard -always has been. If Sean Hannity did the same thing, he'd be rattling his tin cup against the bars as we speak.
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    Let's be real about this. Nothing would happen whether it were Gregory or Hannity. Once they realized they screwed up, they'd have a 10 round mag (the ones that look like 30's) to show to the cops asking questions. Hopefully this helps illuminate the stupidity of asinine laws.