Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Gun control laws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12346»

Replies

• 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I was about to point that point out......but why point out something to someone with a pointy head? :conehead: This guy has proved to the world to be a dunce.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • Mike S.Mike S. New Member Posts: 17 New Member
    Soooo.....what WAS the point there Mike? Armed robberies for Twinkies on the rise? We might see a slight increase in negligent discharges......stupid is as stupid does (whoever penned THAT line is a gosh-darn GENIUS!).......but the same rules would apply as they would for handling a firearm while under the influence of alcohol. Go smoke a joint and tell me how motivated you would be to go commit a violent crime.

The legalization of Marijuana was voted by states that realized our police forces and judicial system should concentrate their limited resources towards more pressing matters.....not locking up a person who just wanted to sit at home an marvel at the paint drying. The sentiment towards legalization was making it a commercial commodity so we can TAX it, and make money from it to benefit an already stressed economy. The school system needs money the government can't give......so we put up lemonade stands everywhere and now the kids have books to learn from.

The point is:

That this administration seeks to simultaneously strip us of our right to defend ourselves from crime, external and more importantly internal tyranny, all the while placating the populace by permitting (and through a reversal of the laws, indorsing) themselves to abuse stimulants in an effort to completely subjugate us with their One World Government style agendas. The bottom line, BHO is leading this country, and the world, down a path that is both destructive to the ideals of freedom and self determination, and contrary to what the founding fathers had in mind for our great nation.

Apparently you are among those that would rather be "medicated", and blissfully ignorant.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”- Thomas Jefferson
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I beg to argue with you your royal hind-a**.....get a clue.....BHO didn't lead the way towards legalization of MJ, the PEOPLE voted for it....the government and their bureaucracy is still all against it because it puts a dent in their self-appointed jack-booted agenda...i.e. JOBS.

If you're saying the government's insidious plan is to "let em get stoned and they won't realize we took away their rights" then you have no clue about the power of the people nor the respect that a populace can actually make a change yet still be responsible. You're attitude reeks of fear of the ignorant, I truly wish you to investigate and get informed sir.

Your last sentence was a masked insult made by an ignoramus....you are better than that, so I ask that you refrain from insulting people and just speak your mind without pride or prejudice sir.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    ....Assume that we have no Constitution or any other constraints on law-makers. You might want to cite some cities or states that have already instituted strict gun control laws, and show how they have lessened gun violence, with statistics, or without, if you can show some logic to support your assertions. Just make some common sense arguments that use cause and effect to show how your new rules will work.

:popcorn:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,452 Senior Member
    Mike S., you DO realize that the laws originally passed against smoking marijuana were passed on racist reasons, don't you?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    oblivia wrote: »
    I'm not even sure that self-protection is a good reason for private gun ownership. Do we need an arms race among private citizens?

Courts have ruled that the Police have no duty to protect individuals,they are only obligated to protect “the public” and since no individual nor even a group of individuals count as “the public,” they have no standing to redress the harm that comes to them when criminals hurt or kill them.

Here is an example of the legal reasoning:

“The trial judges correctly dismissed both complaints. In a carefully reasoned Memorandum Opinion, Judge Hannon based his decision … on “the fundamental principle that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen.” … The duty to provide public services is owed to the public at large, and, absent a special relationship between the police and an individual, no specific legal duty exists. Holding that no special relationship existed between the police and appellants … Judge Hannon concluded that no specific legal duty existed.”

Therefore self-protection is left to the individual, so based on your comments that rules out firearms. Good Luck using a knife, baseball bat, etc. while the criminal uses a firearm. Calling 911 will only get the police to arrive after the crime is committed and fill out a report.
    Have you ever noticed that all of the Liberals that promote Gun Control, either have or had a CCW to protect themselves or have security guards that are armed? They want to be protected, but do not want the law abiding to be able to protect themselves. Talk about hypocrisy. Do as I say and not as I do.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Anyone see which way the Troll went? :troll:
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 wrote: »
    Anyone see which way the Troll went? :troll:

He went to that sanctuary where all liberals go, when asked to actually solve a problem.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,614 Senior Member
    I think oblivia was oblivious to the obvious. :tooth:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    I just read any interesting article Regulating the Militia
    The Second Amendment is about protecting ourselves from the state.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/336529/regulating-militia-kevin-d-williamson

The gun control crowd seeking to diminish our constitutional rights, either do not understand the purpose of the Second Amendment or refuses to address it, writing, “Gun advocates will be hard-pressed to explain why the average American citizen needs an assault weapon with a high-capacity magazine other than for recreational purposes.” The answer to this question is straightforward: The purpose of having citizens armed with paramilitary weapons is to allow them to engage in paramilitary actions. The Second Amendment is not about Bambi and burglars — whatever a well-regulated militia is, it is not a hunting party or a sport-clays club.

Another good article Will Cain: Separating Emotion From Facts in the Gun Control Debate
    http://www.theblaze.com/contributions/the-gun-control-debate-part-1-the-facts/

Ex. Grant Duwe, a criminologist with the Minnesota Department of Corrections who has written a history of mass murders in America, said that while mass shootings rose between the 1960s and the 1990s, they actually dropped in the 2000s. And mass killings actually reached their peak in 1929, according to his data. He estimates that there were 32 in the 1980s, 42 in the 1990s and 26 in the first decade of the century. (emphasis added)

And USA Today showed that the number of incidents, victims, and victims under the age of 12 declined from 2006-2010.

We need to gather the facts to combat the false information by the media, uninformed public that is clueless about firearms in general and try to educate the uneducated to prevent this senseless enactment that will do nothing to prevent evil people from committing evil acts, crimes, etc.