New Oliver North book

RugerFanRugerFan Senior MemberPosts: 1,784 Senior Member
I just finished Col. North's latest book "Heros Proved". It's the 4th book in a series he wrote a few years ago about a U.S. Marines officer named Peter Newman. This new book takes place 20 yrs in the future. It offers a disturbing look at what the U.S. (and the world) could look like if the American people continue to give power to the gov't(hint: the NRA is banned as an extremist organization). I have to say I did not like this book as much as I did the first 3 books. Has anyone else read this/these?

BTW, W.E.B. Griffin has a new book coming out 12/31/2012. Am I the only Griffin fan here? I also recently finished Tom Clancy's latest, "Threat Vector". While it is fiction,(I'm glad to see Jack Ryan back in the White House), it's also an eye-opening look at China's possible cyber capabilities and territorial intentions.

Replies

• skwirrelskwirrel Member Posts: 175 Member
    RugerFan wrote: »
    I just finished Col. North's latest book "Heros Proved". It's the 4th book in a series he wrote a few years ago about a U.S. Marines officer named Peter Newman. This new book takes place 20 yrs in the future. It offers a disturbing look at what the U.S. (and the world) could look like if the American people continue to give power to the gov't(hint: the NRA is banned as an extremist organization). I have to say I did not like this book as much as I did the first 3 books. Has anyone else read this/these?

BTW, W.E.B. Griffin has a new book coming out 12/31/2012. Am I the only Griffin fan here? I also recently finished Tom Clancy's latest, "Threat Vector". While it is fiction,(I'm glad to see Jack Ryan back in the White House), it's also an eye-opening look at China's possible cyber capabilities and territorial intentions.

The Pendulum of liberty is definitely swinging for the worse.
    Live long and prosper.