Simple military question.

13»

Replies

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Other course of action besides hopping bars is to find something you REALLY like and participate on that with common minded folks, you could take a course, does not have to cost you and arm and a leg, there are even free ways to do so.

I recall once when I lived in Miami and was quite young I was into sports cars, I was waiting for a bus and was mad as hell, don't recall what for but I was "livid", really to pounce on someone mad.

This guy comes over to also wait for the bus and starts to try and get a conversation going, I wanted none of that but as much as I was not up to it he hit the nail when he started to talk about sport cars, little by little he broke the ice and by the time I got off the bus my mood was quite different, he made a point of mentioning to me why this was so and I learned a huge lesson that day, take your mind of the hole and put it in a better place.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    You have to see that while you are no longer a husband, you are still a father. Don't spend your time worrying about that relationship any longer. Like Zed said, no complaining and make it better. I sat and groveled over a woman for a year and a half. Pissed and moaned and so on. I finally had the light shown to me and got my act together, and a month later met my wife of ten years.focus on work and make that money. Put yourself on Craigslist or something similar and do shade tree work on the side for extra cash. Spend every moment with your children that you can, you'll never be sorry.

Women love strong, confident men. Not asses, but confident men that do what needs to be done and can forge ahead to the next day. You know what needs to be done, so do it. One day I'm sure I'll meet you at the SE shoot or something like it, and I look forward to hearing about how you've conquered this issue.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Thanks guys. Your words mean a lot.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,184 Senior Member
    Sorry you're having a problem with your marriage....A counselor may not be able to "mend your broken heart" but can certainly provide guidance as someone not all wrapped up in "your stuff" to help you get over it.

In order to get over the loneliness you're experiencing you need to like yourself first....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    TSchub wrote: »
    You have to see that while you are no longer a husband, you are still a father. .

+ 1 and being a father is the most important responsibility there is.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Sorry you're having a problem with your marriage....A counselor may not be able to "mend your broken heart" but can certainly provide guidance as someone not all wrapped up in "your stuff" to help you get over it.

In order to get over the loneliness you're experiencing you need to like yourself first....
    thats been a long time coming.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,327 Senior Member
    Ghost, look at the big picture, bud. As hard as it is, you gotta pick your head up, shoulders back and drive on. 10, 20, 30 years from now you'll look back and it will be a blip on the radar. A point in your life that has meaning, but it's just one brick that makes up your foundation. I've been down a very similar road. Still payin' her a bunch of money. :rotflmao: It is only what you allow it to be...

Shoot me a PM if I can help you with anything.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    thats been a long time coming.

Tough love time brother.....sell yourself to the forum. Tell us who you are, and what you like to do, what are you likes and dislikes, how do you consider yourself as far as holding a promise....and in keeping with the topic thread......those of us in the military have shared info like this on guard duty in the middle of the night.....

it's what makes us tight with our people...we've showered and squated together.....we ate and napped against each other....we slept next to each other like a husband and wife....not cause we were gay....it was survival and body heat....plus space....the back deck of an M1 is only so big.....When you get to Hypothermia and NBC training....

there are things you will learn that throws modesty to the wind. So what I'm trying to say is......let it out bro....IM whoever....but you need to get it out of your mind......nevermind the suggestions for now....you're grieving, and it's gonna be a rough few months....all we can say is that we are here for you right now.

Jeff......follow me
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,495 Senior Member
    Tough love time brother.....sell yourself to the forum. Tell us who you are.....
    So what I'm trying to say is......let it out bro....IM whoever....but you need to get it out of your mind......nevermind the suggestions for now....you're grieving, and it's gonna be a rough few months....all we can say is that we are here for you right now.

This^ is outstanding advice. Making decisions under emotional duress is to be avoided whenever possible for those unaccustomed to being under that kind of stress. Allow time for those raw edges to soften a little, for that 'bruise' to fade a little. 'After a while' should be your new catch phrase. The hurt won't be 'less', but it will be less likely to cause you to end up with one of those 'duh' moments.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    You are gonna do what I tell you right now:

You gather all your personal stuff and put it in storage......you go rent a room by the week....visit a few bars and make small talk with strangers, maybe you'll get lucky with a few girls....companionship no matter how fleeting can help your attitude, but don't be a sap....project yourself with the attitude "S***" happens, but be confident with yourself......solitude is NOT the way to go!

Here's the hard part......it's over, you got dumped....now pick yourself up and move, Don't dwell, don't hate....(well, hate a little! :tooth:) it's the only thing you can do.

I'm not pressing religion, but pick up a bible and read it......the inspiration will come to you.

Force yourself to attend a church....any church right now....flavor of denominations will come later....and you just might meet another person that's right for you. Again, solitude sucks.....you need to engage people a whole lot right now, your soul needs safety in numbers.....believe me, I've been through this, so I'm just trying to relay lessons learned to you. Gonna send you my number in PM in case you need to talk.

Right now you are a lost sheep in search of a shepard and a mission of life.

I think there is much wisdom in this. Then also, the best stress relief is an exercise program. So hike, jog, work out. etc. Just wear yourself out. You'll sleep better, and if you're like me you'll have time to think while you're hiking. The main thing is get right with God, your own mind, whatever your belief system is

I
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Tracy is right......start working out, do what you can.....the key here is become a machine......it'll redirect the anger that you're full of now.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • skwirrelskwirrel Member Posts: 175 Member
    rbsivley wrote: »
    Because if you were in the middle of no where on a mission they would have to ensure you have the propercare and meds to perform your job and they can't.

+1
    Live long and prosper.