Did Lanza use an AR-15 or handguns... conflicting reports

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,810 Senior Member
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    First I heard early that morning that the killer shot everyone with 223 rounds, then that he used two 9mm handguns and the AR was not used but found in the trunk of the car he used to get there, then the weapon on the trunk became a Saiga shotgun, at all times the media MADE every effort, huge effort for that matter to include that in one way or another an AR rifle, an "assault rifle" was involved even if it was when they reported that it was in the car's trunk.

Clearly, confusion and the media's guessing game is to be expected on the early stages but by now it is crystal clear that SOMEONE has an AGENDA here, the FACTS on ballistics ARE CLEAR by now to the forensics team that dealt with this and we are not getting anything resembling an accurate report on this from the media and who knows on what else, so good luck with that.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,013 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Now I am confused...

D
    Don't feel bad, apparently so is everyone else as well :uhm:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Now, why would the mainstream media or our own government lie to us?- - - - - - - -Dang it- - - - -where's that "sarcasm" icon?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,786 Senior Member
    The MSNBC report I believe was from the day of the shooting when things were still pretty fuzzy. It seems pretty clear (based upon the police reports) now that he used the AR and a glock 10mm and Sig 9mm in the actual attack.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think he almost exclusively used a Bushmaster .223, but haven't heard a definite of what he actually used vs carried.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,442 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I think he almost exclusively used a Bushmaster .223, but haven't heard a definite of what he actually used vs carried.

I believe this also. I am pretty sure that the ME gave the only actual facts regarding that.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    He did make that statement very quickly....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • skwirrelskwirrel Member Posts: 175 Member
    All of these are because of poor mental health care.
    Live long and prosper.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,206 Senior Member
    skwirrel wrote: »
    All of these are because of poor mental health care.

and our insistence they be "controlled" by medication and be "mainstreamed" into society rather than locked up...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"