Happy New Year.

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,718 Senior Member
Took a pic of the fireworks display of the Skytower using my digital camera and my spotting scope set on 40X. ( decided to stay home tonight, there are enough crazies in town without me adding to them lol)

236_zps39b12536-1_zps3bbcb217.jpg

Happy new year to all of you, hope 2013 is kind and that you and your families stay safe.

Gotta go eat some of last years food and raise a glass of Glefiddich to 2013..........

Cheers
Alec.
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    Thank you and a very Happy New Year to you and all on the forum and their families.

So since it's Jan 1st where you are did our bickering do nuthin Congress keep us from falling off the fiscal cliff? :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 825 Senior Member
    Well Alec, I'm pretty quick on this one
    Happy New Year to you and all the forum.
    Jamesons Special Reserve 12 for me, however I'm a Paddy, so it's to be expected
    cheers
    Owen
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,718 Senior Member
    Thanks Owen.

Love the pic of the 2 dogs by the way. Hope there is no lasting damage to the Wirehair.
    I had a pair of Gordons that did the same type of thing......every now and then they would do something really off the wall and cause me grief lol.......
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    We've got a very safe NY planned. Forecast is steady rain anyway and there are no particular bands playing we want to see. So we're planning an early TexMex lunch to kick back, stop by our fave Brit pub for a while (I'm driving and on the wagon, girlfriend will have a margarita and a couple beers).

Then we'll pick up a terrific gourmet italian pizza, salad, desert, be home by 6pm and spend the evening nibbling pizza as the spirit moves us. We'll either watch the hideous commercial NYC celebration, replay the Stones concert, or just listen to some classic rock.

Y'all be safe and careful out there, please. Even if you don't crash into anyone, getting a DWI is way too expensive these days. And even if you're stone sober, be on the lookout for drunk idiots. When I was about 20 I spent 3 weeks in the hospital recuperating from when a drunk ran a red light and broadsided my car. I was stone sober, having just left a charity chess tournament (I got 2nd) and was headed out to pick up my date. Bless her, she cancelled plans and spent NYEve with me in the ER, playing gin rummy.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,623 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Gotta go eat some of last years food and raise a glass of Glefiddich to 2013..........

18 year old, no doubt?

I'll think about you when I pour myself a shot of the 12 year old stuff, tonight. I bought myself a half-gallon, last Christmas, and I've still got enough left for a nice, warm buzz, tonight...to help settle that Boston Butt pork roast I smoked yesterday. I'll smoke a cheap cigar and fall asleep in my recliner, long before the fireworks start popping. :beer:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,942 Senior Member
    Alec:

I would wish you Happy New Year; but, that is tomorrow and it is still yesterday here.

So, if I can remember tomorrow what I am thinking today and what I planned
    to do and not confused by the concept of yesterday and today being at the same
    moment I'll
    :uhm:

What was that again?
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 825 Senior Member
    Bisley.
    Where do you buy 12 yr old by the half gallon.
    It's just not done my friend.
    Ahhh, unless of course you mean that American stuff.:yikes:
    Happy New Year.:wink:
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Alec:

I would wish you Happy New Year; but, that is tomorrow and it is still yesterday here.

So, if I can remember tomorrow what I am thinking today and what I planned
    to do and not confused by the concept of yesterday and today being at the same
    moment I'll
    :uhm:

What was that again?

You just do what Mrs Clean tells you to do and you should get to the New Year without too many knots up side yer haid.........:jester:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Hauoli Makahiki Hou Alec! Got the jump on us again huh?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    Hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year!

Going to a fishing bud's house with other fishing buds. 2 pork butts in the smoker (no smoke, just low and long heat) right now, marinated all night in mojo, will serve with onions/garlic/olive oil and spritzed with lime.

The 18 year old I will be partaking in is Glenmorangie. Will try 18 Macallan one of these days.
    NRA Benefactor Member