Home Main Category General Firearms

Just bought (well, ordered) the first gun of the New Year

AdrianAdrian MemberPosts: 65 Member
And in doing so violated one of my guidelines, that being "no ugly guns in my safe". I've been fascinated with modular, multi-caliber rifles ever since I first heard of them. One of my dream guns being a Blaser R-8. Thompson Center's Encore is affordable, but it never appealed to me as it's a single shot. I know the first shot is generally the only one that matters, but still...

So until I hit the lottery and can afford the Blaser, I'll be shooting the T/C Dimension. Ordered it today, may have it by the weekend, we'll see how it goes. It's the kind of ugly that brings to mind the old joke, "If my dog was that ugly I'd shave his butt and teach him to walk backwards", but after reading the reviews, seeing pics and watching some video of it, I think it will grow on me. I'm going to TX in March to hunt pigs and so ordered mine in .308; I can see a .300 Winchester and a .223 barrel in the future. Maybe more...barrels are cheap, relatively speaking, and if you stay in the same cartridge class, the barrel is all you need to change. Heck I can maybe even get rid of all my other hunting rifles? Nah, maybe not...

Pics and a range report once I have it in my hands and can shoot it.

Replies