Home Main Category Personal Defense

Beretta 92 magazines at the gun show

DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior MemberPosts: 9,496 Senior Member
Portland Oregon - Expo center gun show

I saw a table with magazines for the Beretta 92 / M-9, original Military issue in the issue paper foil bags selling for ten dollars each.

It made me wonder a bit.
"There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,720 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Portland Oregon - Expo center gun show

I saw a table with magazines for the Beretta 92 / M-9, original Military issue in the issue paper foil bags selling for ten dollars each.

It made me wonder a bit.
    ????????
    Randon thought? :uhm:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,661 Senior Member
    Maybe they fell off a truck in a far off desert land.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,267 Senior Member
    TEN DOLLARS FOR A BERETTA 92 MAG!!! That's twice as much as the gun's worth!!:wink:
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,497 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Aren't the GI 92 mags a total smoking turd? The ones that they told the troops to not load fully so that they would function? IIRC, REAL Bupretta mags are prized possessions in the sand box. The low bidder mags, not so much.

Pretty much. Sounds like the mags in question are 2-3 times their actual worth. If I remember correctly, the GI mags have an anti-friction coating on the insides or springs that rubs off, and ties up the mags.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Wiedeners had the Berretta made mags listed for 15.00 this weekend so the aftermarket ones going for ten is not so suprising.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    They are Military issue in NATO wrappings, this was for those that might need or want them.

Caveat Emptor.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Wrapping junk mags in that kinda VCI paper is an old trick. Back during the AWB , cheap import M-14 and M-16 mags were wrapped up in VCI paper and sold as USGI for high prices. Real mags will be marked with a FSN and CAGE code.

The CMI mags were the bad ones. Stick with Beretta made mags or Mec Gar mags.
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,393 Senior Member
    i saw the same mags and was wondering the same. i would have got some if i didnt have enough b92 mags already. at least got a few to try.

also, iirc, they were parkerized finished, or at least the ones in the open packages were.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I would have stuck with the sealed bags if I had needed any.