Home Main Category Personal Defense

NEED MAGWELL FOR MY "GLOCK 19 Gen4".....

ChuckXXChuckXX BannedPosts: 103 Member
Does anyone know of a company that makes a "magwell" for my Glock model 19- Gen4????? I called "theglockstore.com" and they said they don't make one yet for the gen4 model 19. But I thought maybe somebody out there might know of another source????? I've never had one but supposedly it helps with the grip and gives you a little better accuracy.

Replies

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    I been waiting years for one to come up for my Glock 21 SF...
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,320 Senior Member
    Well. . .yes, you could bolt one of those on and totally defeat the purpose for buying a Glock 19 in the first place - - that it's smaller and easier to conceal than a 17.

Possibly a useful goody for the guy shooting a full-size or longslide in IPSC stages against a stopwatch, but not so handy for a compact carry piece.

As for "helps with the grip and gives you a little better accuracy", if your grip is correct, your primary hand will be well up against the beavertail, its thumb high up out of the way to allow your support hand to get high up on its side of the grip - in short, your hands will only even be touching a bolt-on magwell if you have ham-hands, and not much even then.

Basically, it might help you with reloads - HOWEVER, we're talking about a gun that uses double stack mags that are tapered at the top to be only about half the width of the mag well. It ain't hard to hit that hole.

IOW - save your money.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    :that:

:agree:

My first reaction to that question was and still is: Why ? Read the aforementioned reasons.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    I have a magwell on a heavily upgraded Glock 17, it looks cool...

No magwell on my go to IPSC Glock, do fine without it.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".