Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

HERE IT IS! Feinstien's NEW AWB Bill...

Cheetoh734Cheetoh734 Senior MemberPosts: 714 Senior Member
Top story on Drudge right now....

http://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/assault-weapons

Registration including photos and fingerprints for "grandfathered" weapons....

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    This will really suck for that fellow I sold my AR and stripped receivers to, should it pass.

I'm still holding on to hope. Instead of trying for something that "middle of the road" politicians would feel comfortable supporting without losing votes come next election, Feinstein is pushing for an all-encompassing ban that many fence sitters know their constituents will not support, and it could cost them their jobs. Feinstein is nearing retirement, and Barry O obviously doesn't have to worry about reelection, but a lot of other people do.
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Did I tell you guys I got a new excavator?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »

Only need a post hole digger
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Only need a post hole digger
    It really isn't about need, is it?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    I really like that last part...."dedicate funding to the ATF to implement registration".......with a fiscal ruh-roh looming, how much you wanna bet they'll pass the buck and make us foot the bill individually....."oh, you want to register? That'll be $200, plus YOU supply the photo and pay for your fingerprinting".
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    Has anyone seen the list of 120 banned guns?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    Agreed. I'm much less worried about something like this passing than some "compromise" legislation that gains significant moderate republican support. Not a single Republican in the house could ever vote for any piece of legislation with Dianne Feinstein's name on it and not get ousted in a primary in a year and a half.

Agree. The "compromise" is what I am worried about. My gut says it is going to be something about high cap mags, "gun show loop hole", individual sales oversight, and importation restrictions.
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    FOPA 1986 specifically prohibits registration and is a federal law. Like was said above, I don't see this getting passed, it is the watered down version I am worried about. I think if anything passes it will be a slightly expanded version of the 1994 bill but probably have a little more bite to it to prevent them from circumventing it like they did with the post ban stuff like threaded barrels and folding stocks. There will be some compromise and we will get screwed again I am sure.

The companies worked around the '94 ban and a lot of innovation actually came from it so I am sure if anything gets passed they will find a work around for any future cosmetic bans as well. The baby Glocks came out of the last ban since they only needed to be big enough to fit a 10 round magazine. Plus you can buy threading dies very cheap online and pinned stocks can be "fixed" if one were so inclined.

I am wondering if it will effect other things such as threaded barrels on bolt action rifles or collapsie stocks on pump shotguns. It only mentions semi autos and pistols.

Also curious about import restrictions as mentioned above. They worked around that before and import restrictions are ready pretty tight. Curious to see if they try to go after imported ammo or something similar. That would kill the wallet for us combloc rifle shooters.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member

You might need it to move the piles of empty brass to get to the hot and empty guns that will be under it. If it is time to bury them then it is time to use them as the constitution intended.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,720 Senior Member
    For years I wanted a real stone bar and a decent pick.

I have those now and soon will be too decrapid to use same.

Do you suppose I will have to register them?
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Billy GunBilly Gun Member Posts: 51 Member
    What the heck is an "assault pistol". I don't get how these politicians think. "If I say it's so it must be right." Why do they need to be protected by armed guards? I don't have that luxury. If someone breaks into my house minimum response time for 911 is about 10 minutes (found out when my 4 yr old was playin with the phone) That is assuming I'm able to call.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Billy Gun wrote: »
    What the heck is an "assault pistol".

The other day I saw that pig Carolyn McCarthy saying "high capacity assault clips". I actually blew Pepsi out my nose.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Wonder if she ever figured out what a barrel shroud was...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Wonder if she ever figured out what a barrel shroud was...

You mean it isn't that thing that goes up?
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    Yeah, the shoulder thing......
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    cpj wrote: »
    Soooooo, if you have to regiater them through the NFA, and you dont have a trust set up, who gets the guns?

Screw registration. If we stand up as a group the law will be unenforceable. We need to be more militant this time. We have the numbers. I refuse to return to the oppression of California.

Adam J. McCleod

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    Billy Gun wrote: »
    What the heck is an "assault pistol".

A pistol that will accommodate a bayonet....There have been way too many drive by bayonetings....something needs to be done.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    A pistol that will accommodate a bayonet....There have been way too many drive by bayonetings....something needs to be done.
    Unfortunately, any pistol with an accessory rail will accept a bayonet.

Thank K-Bar for that.
    Even though it is a squirt gun in the pic, the bayonet is real;
    functional or not is another issue.
    kg.jpg 97.3K
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,403 Senior Member

You do realize that the excavator is a dual purpose machine, right?
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Unfortunately, any pistol with an accessory rail will accept a bayonet.

Thank K-Bar for that.
    Even though it is a squirt gun in the pic, the bayonet is real;
    functional or not is another issue.

You DO realize I was being sarcastic...Right?

amudgarden.gif
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • shawn1172shawn1172 Senior Member Posts: 588 Senior Member
    I'm contemplating a solution.....

Step 1- Intelligent, responsible gun owners of California- move out!
    Step 2- Morons throughout the country who agree with Feinstien- move to California.
    Step 3- California doesn't need to secede, we vote them out of the Union and let them have the oppressive dictatorship they think is so right.

Would Bloomberg seek political asylum in Kommiefornia or would he be deported?
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    We all know that Registration leads to Confiscation. If any Gooberment knows you have them, they can more easily take them away. Same old horse manure from the Brady Bunch, but this time they have a lot more public sentiment in their favor because they artfully exploited the massacre of those children.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Any possiblity that Feinstein could be appointed the new ambassador to Yemen? Maybe Bloomberg could be her deputy!

http://news.yahoo.com/yemen-al-qaida-offers-bounty-us-ambassador-123417649.html

Jerry
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    You DO realize I was being sarcastic...Right?

amudgarden.gif
    Yes for the use part, but, doesn't change the issue.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    The other day I heard some polititian refer to Mags as " High Capacity cartridges" ... I think it may have been that dip-stick David Gregory. He sure "brow-beat" old Wayne on Meet The Press..then when Chuckie Schumer came on, I thought he was going to swap spit with him!
  • David WhiteDavid White Member Posts: 37 Member
    There is no compromise. Period. You want to talk compromise, move along and let the big boys play.
    This is a no holds bar assault on your 2A rights, make no mistake about it.
    This single piece of legislation may very well lead to the next civil war.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357099992.300534.jpg
    And so much more than the above..
    Find it, read it and act on it.
    There is no compromise. Period. You want to talk compromise, move along and let the big boys play.
    This is a no holds bar assault on your 2A rights, make no mistake about it.
    This single piece of legislation may very well lead to the next civil war.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357099992.300534.jpg
    And so much more than the above..
    Find it, read it and act on it.

Get busy then because they will silp it in as part of the debt/spending/budget bills!

How about writing some proposed letters and post them here, not just post scary messages.
    I sent this as a start:

"These are trying times and the debt, budget, and debt are foremost in the attention of you and Congress.

It is during times like this that we are depending on you to protect the 2D Amendment and prevent any anti 2D Amendment legislation from being slipped into other important legislation."

I think short and to the point and often is important.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    While you're writing, encourage your reps to lobby for appointing Sweinstein ambassador to Yemen. Her staff could include Schumer, Bloomberg, and Sarah Brady.
    Jerry