Life update

ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 BannedPosts: 2,645 Senior Member
Well y'all are all up to date on the last postings of mine regarding the death of my dad and my wife leaving me. Well I will admit that all seemed lost the last time I posted on all this. Just an update though. I've come to terms with what my dad was teaching me all of my life. He was right when he told me and my brother that "Pop won't be around forever." I accepted that I need to step up as a man and make him proud. So I have. Striving to do what is most important, and that's to be the best damn dad I can. And I see my kids appreciate it, and are happy. Things are no better with my soon to be ex wife, but I'm no longer worried. I have a certain lady friend that I'm seeing now. She's no rebound, no expectations... Just a friend with added benefits lol. Taking it pretty slow I guess for the most part. My old man always told me the best way to get over a woman was to get under another one lol. The man was a genius haha. And I know some of you might ask me if that's the Christian thing to do. So for you all, please google Matthew 19:9 btw. Anywho. I'm doing okay now fellas. Life goes on.

Replies

• shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,456 Senior Member
    This is excellent. Keep it up!
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I told you before, All you loose in your divorce can be replaced with much better versions including your ex! That is from personal experience.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • dlkdlk Member Posts: 419 Member
    And I know some of you might ask me if that's the Christian thing to do. So for you all, please google Matthew 19:9

Matthew 19:8-9:
    Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Sooo...You're using this verse to justify fornicating with another woman while your wife divorces you?
    STEALTH COMPETENT

I know what I'm doing, it just doesn't look like it.
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    dlk wrote: »
    Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Sooo...You're using this verse to justify fornicating with another woman while your wife divorces you?

Ouch. Man, religion gets you ever time.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,906 Senior Member

I think he's using the verse to justify the divorce and moving on. If you read between the lines I think he's giving a hint as to why it didn't work out...

Ghost, good luck with everything. Good to see you in better spirits and keeping a positive attitude.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member

Perhaps you are not God Almighty, so shut yer yap.

Lk. 6.3738, 4142
    1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.
    2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. Mk. 4.24
    3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

"Ouch. Man, religion gets you ever time."

No, it is not religion, it is people that want to judge folks, only God almighty is judge, We should only advise from the scriptures. Each person must be saved by their own free will and through grace and repentance.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    As Jesus stated, with her adultery and breaking of our holy matrimony, I am entitled to send her away, with her adulterous actions. I have written her away. The court of man holds none to the law of the Son.
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    Good luck brother. Losing someone is hard but that is the cycle of life.

On a happier note I met my wonderful wife that I have been with for almost 10 years and been married to for 7 years as of last October while I was in the middle of a divorce to the psycho anti-Christ of a hose beast I was married to before. Everything happens for a reason, that is also the cycle if life it seems. The bad brings good and the good comes with bad. All you can hope for is at the end of the road when you add up the boxes there are more check marks in the good box than the bad. If you can do that then you have lived a good life.
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    People judge others by what their religion teaches. I don't believe that man has a free will but if you do go for it.

Ghost I'm glad things are going good for you and the kids. Stay close to them because it's going to get worse.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    People judge others by what their religion teaches.

I do not judge anyone, God is judge, I only quote the scriptures if anyone asks what is considered wrong by scripture.

I don't believe that man has a free will but if you do go for it.

That is foolish talk, I have free will, so I choose not to rob banks or other people, you can choose to use heroine or other drugs or be smart and stay off drugs, that is free will, also whatever the bible says is sin, We can do it, or not do it, what We need to do is look in the mirror and tell ourself what is a sin and what is not and spend 100% of our time judging that person.

For example, sin = running a red light- you have a Police Officer, he gives a ticket, the Judge fines (punishes the offense) as a non LEO if someone asks if running a red light is wrong, you can quote the law as written (Bible) as a non LEO you can't write a ticket and only the Judge (God ) can pardon or punish the offender.

Quote the scriptures and God is the Judge, not any of us.

In other words, don't worry about who does what, each person must seek their own salvation with fear and trembling.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,337 Senior Member
    Glad you got your chin up, ghost. Good for you.
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Well y'all are all up to date on the last postings of mine regarding the death of my dad and my wife leaving me. Well I will admit that all seemed lost the last time I posted on all this. Just an update though. I've come to terms with what my dad was teaching me all of my life. He was right when he told me and my brother that "Pop won't be around forever." I accepted that I need to step up as a man and make him proud. So I have. Striving to do what is most important, and that's to be the best damn dad I can. And I see my kids appreciate it, and are happy. Things are no better with my soon to be ex wife, but I'm no longer worried. I have a certain lady friend that I'm seeing now. She's no rebound, no expectations... Just a friend with added benefits lol. Taking it pretty slow I guess for the most part. My old man always told me the best way to get over a woman was to get under another one lol. The man was a genius haha. And I know some of you might ask me if that's the Christian thing to do. So for you all, please google Matthew 19:9 btw. Anywho. I'm doing okay now fellas. Life goes on.

Hang in there Bro Ghost, I know where you are right now. Had both of those things happen to me the last 5 years. But I'm here to tell you there's plenty of fish in the sea and life goes on.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member

Hey, he tried. Doesn't sound like he left her. He was pretty screwed up over it. I think the Bible meant that for the one that wants out or initiates the split. He's clearly the victim, not the perpetrater. Ghost is just moving on with his life. She took herself out of it.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    Glad to hear that you are in better spirits these days. It does get easier day by day, good luck to ya. Maybe we will see you at the SE shoot again this year.
    Teach
    If you don't have a C&R FFL,you really need to consider getting one----it's a license to spend money, though.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,855 Senior Member
    Ghost, glad you are moving on.

Without regard to scripture and interpretation, finish one project, then start another. It is hard to focus on a new life while sweeping away the remains of the old one. As you said, you should be good to your kids. Focus on them. They have no understanding other than Mom and Dad are everything. Make sure they get what they need, and then have time for other things. It is easy to slingshot into another relationship, but after the "fun" normalizes it is back to everyday life. Here's hoping you stay focused...

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,271 Senior Member
    Good for you!! Things are looking up already. Hang in there, it will all work out eventually.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,503 Senior Member
    Awesome!
    Some unsolicited advice, and I am not even saying that it applies here, but it is an observation of my wife's ex-husband and his relationship with his daughters:

Being a good father and a liked father are two different things. Make sure that you are sincerely looking out for their best interests-- this might not win you points with the kids, but it is not a popularity contest. Sometimes you have to be a dick. They don't need a friend, they need a parent. Don't ever forget that!
  • TSchubTSchub Senior Member Posts: 780 Senior Member
    Glad things are getting better. Keep it up!!
  • dlkdlk Member Posts: 419 Member
    As Jesus stated, with her adultery and breaking of our holy matrimony, I am entitled to send her away, with her adulterous actions.
    Agreed.
    Perhaps I misunderstood the "friends with benefits" comment?:uhm:

If a man sleeps with any woman that he is not married to, he cannot call himself a Christian. If he is married to someone else he is committing adultery, if he is single he is committing fornication. That's my interpretation of the scriptures. I didn't write 'em Doc, I just read 'em and try to obey 'em.

Good luck and I wish ya the best, Ghost.
    STEALTH COMPETENT

I know what I'm doing, it just doesn't look like it.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,108 Senior Member
    Ghost,
    I don't think anyone here is denying what your wife, soon to be ex-wife once the divorce goes through, has done.
    In fact, none of us really know, since we aren't there and are not part of her life.

Sounds like you believe in the authority of the Scriptures.
    Regardless, if you are married in the eyes of law of this land (as you are still), which God honors and IF you are having a sexual relationship with someone who is not your wife, Scripture does not look kindly upon that (Sin).
    If you are not married or divorced (single), and are having sex with someone, it is wrong/sin.

FYI-Scripture condemns mean spirited judging, but the same body of Scripture instructs us to use God's Word/Scriptures to judge with.
    How can one know what is right or wrong or to share that with someone else unless there is a standard?
    I believe God's Word is that standard.

The comments about staying focused on your kids and their needs versus their wants is excellent advice.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Dude, I'm not gonna judge you but I will share this. I was divorced for oh, I guess maybe 12 years. And in that time, believe me when I say, I've been around the block more times than the ice cream truck. But the only woman that ever met my kids is now my wife. So I strongly advise not introducing any new partners to the kids. Don't even let them get the hint you're dating.
    Word to the wise
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,472 Senior Member
    Glad to hear it man!! It will only get easier/better with time. Don't listen to the "your sinning" crowd. Your doing what you need to to get through a tough time. It may seem to some that you are being a hypocrite right now (religion wise), but getting "healthy" mentally is the goal right now. Whatever is bringing you happiness and joy, whithin reason, and helping you be available for your kids is what matters right now.

I agree with Razor about not moving too fast to bring a new woman in front of the kids though.

Good luck man.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Be careful. You don't need any more mouths to feed.
    Don't you remember my vasectomy thread???
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,331 Senior Member
    Just a friend with added benefits

m7dz6t.jpg

Sweet Jesus
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"