So I just spoke to SamW on my trusty new TracFone, and

Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior MemberPosts: 1,119 Senior Member
I'm happy to report that he's doing well. The hospital has sent him home after shooting him full of anti-biotics for difficulties in his legs, due to imperfect heart performance. They won't let him drive yet, but he's fully mobile inside his apartment, and he tells me that his girlfriend has moved in temporarily and is taking very good care of him.

Given that his difficulties are heart-centric, I was tempted to ask if it were wise to have his girlfriend in situ, so to speak, but then I thought better of it. Some things are, after all, just none of my business.........

In any event, he tells me that the plug-in, wall socket battery charger for his laptop has proceeded to "go south," so to speak (no offense intended), and he's unable for the moment to acquire a new one, what with his being forbidden to drive and being otherwise non-ambulatory outside of his apartment. He assured me, however, that friends will be supplying him with a new one shortly (whatever that means), and that he'll be back on the forum first thing.

He sounded crisp, alert, responsive and downright humorous, all of which is good news. He did allow that he won't be able to make it to the SE Shoot due to mobility and stamina problems, both of which are completely understandable, and sends his
profound regrets.

Will be leaving Port Allen, LA for TX and points west mementarily. More later.
Member formerly known as "vlafrank."

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,269 Senior Member
    Good news- - - -thanks for the heads-up. Sam mentioned that his doctors had some heart-related concerns during the checkup he had just before we met for a meal a few weeks ago, so it looks like they're keeping a close eye on things. Maybe he can give us an update on his situation before long.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,534 Senior Member
    Thanks for the update.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    Good news. Thanks for the info.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,816 Senior Member
    Thanks for the update, Vic. :up: I hope he gets back online soon.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,010 Senior Member
    Thanks for the update.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,702 Senior Member
    Thanks for the update Vic.
    Hope you recover Sam and stay around for a lot longer. I and others in my age group are too young to start taking over the role of becoming a 'Senior Curmudgeon'...... Hell, I dont even know what it means..............:jester:
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Thanks for the update Vic, and drive safe!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock