Home Main Category General Firearms

Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action Rifle

snake190Dsnake190D New MemberPosts: 2 New Member
Looking to try and get a hold of one of these rifles in 300 win mag. What's anybodies review on this rifle or does any one have one?

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,125 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    Pegasus has one. I think he likes it.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,975 Senior Member
    great rifle for the price! you should also consider the Marlin XL-7 and Stevens 200, same price range, all more accurate then their price would suggest. Suggestion though, unless you are extremely used to high amounts of recoil, better stock/recoil pad/muzzle brake should be in order. Those rifles are all LIGHT.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    I thought Pegasus had a Marlin XS7, not sure.
    Anyway, Mossberg makes cheap reliable guns. Their model 500 Pump Shotgun is almost as big a success as a Remington 870. You get what you pay for, but if it's functional and shoots accurate, hey what else you want? If you've handled one and like the way it feels go for it. It's not junk.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I thought Pegasus had a Marlin XS7, not sure.
    Anyway, Mossberg makes cheap reliable guns. Their model 500 Pump Shotgun is almost as big a success as a Remington 870. You get what you pay for, but if it's functional and shoots accurate, hey what else you want? If you've handled one and like the way it feels go for it. It's not junk.

:agree::that:
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • irondukeironduke Member Posts: 143 Member
    I can't get around the ugly stocks o the 4x4 from Mossberg. The wierd shape of the butt stock is a turn off. That being said, I think the 4x4 offers a good value especially in 300 Win. There is a version with a muzzle brake to help with recoil.

To my eye the stainless with the gray laminate stocks are much better looking than the blued with black poly stock.

I wish the offered the barreled action of the 4x4 in the more conventional stock of the 100 ATR