Do you wear it like a badge?

jigbonejigbone MemberPosts: 182 Member
Obviously we're all gun-folk here, but I was wondering how many of us display it in such a manner that it's obvious to everyone else. By that I mean wearing clothing emblazoned with the logo of your favorite gun manufacturer, or displaying NRA/gun-related bumper stickers on your car. Personally I choose not to put the stickers the NRA sends me on my car, as I would think it would be an invitation to thieves. "Hey come break into this car, there's probably guns in here".

Discuss!
ATF should not be a government agency, it should be a discount store.
:usa:

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    No, I don't advertise it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    DISCRETION is the better part of valor.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    I have a few "gun shirts". I don't think the average criminal would look at such a thing and bet I was packing (just like the guy with the Nike Golf shirt probably doesn't have a putter in his back pocket). But I have other better stuff to wear. Though I did grow fond of my PSA hat...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    People that know me know I'm all about guns but I do not advertise it on my clothing or vehicle.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,321 Senior Member
    Got a Galzan cap with a Parker Gun Collectors badge on it, but no one pays attention to it. I don't put any stickers on my car because I don't want ANY stickers on my car...the car doesn't lend itself to stickers. I doubt they're an invitation to theft; never heard of anyone in my long LEO career targeting anyone because of a sticker or a shirt.

I keep my guns out of sight, and hopefully out of mind. I feel an open display of a handgun dorkish. Saw such Saturday, but figured the guys had been out shooting, they looked like decent kids.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,629 Senior Member
    I have the little round NRA decal on my truck window. Other than that, I don't 'advertize' that I'm a guy guy. Folks who know me, though, know that I am.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,206 Senior Member
    About the only place I wear "gun stuff" is at the range....

There was a time when I lived in MI, that having an NRA sticker on your car was an invitation to have your car strip searched when you visited Canada....don't know if it's still that way...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,690 Senior Member
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Wheelsman56Wheelsman56 Member Posts: 225 Member
    I have a deer head sticker on my truck, that is it.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,013 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    No, I don't advertise it.
    horselips wrote: »
    DISCRETION is the better part of valor.
    :agree: :that:

While I don't go out of my way to hide the fact I'm a gunowner/second Amendment supporter, (ask everyone in my public speaking course this semester :tooth: ) I also don't got out of my way to advertise it. I don't have my NRA Life Member sticker on my vehicle and I rarely wear my NRA hat anywhere except to the range.

I have heard and used the term "shoot me first" in regards to those hats, shirts & stickers. I really don't know if they would lead to that, however, I know I personally give the wearers of such closer scrutiny. I "make" (spot where they're carrying) about half of the wearers of such.

I prefer to look like all the other sheep until such time as my sheepdog "bark" becomes necessay

BAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited to add: if you haven't read, "On Sheep, Wolves & Sheepdogs" By LTC (RET) Dave Grossman I HIGHLY recommend it
    http://www.gleamingedge.com/mirrors/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Never gave much thought to what others might think but I'm proud of my NRA membership so I put those little round stickers on the back glass of my truck. When I had a camper shell on it the lift gate was fairly covered in NRA, DU, RMEF, etc. stickers.
    But you see a lot of such things here. One of my favorites is, "I'm addicted to quack" with the DU logo.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    I have 3 free caps.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • RiflemannRiflemann Member Posts: 269 Member
    Up until last Labor day for the past 14 years, the license plate on my pickup said "Riflman". I decided to not draw anymore attention so I went with a nice deer head state conservation plate that was more like other sportsman in Minnesota displayed. Several Law enforcement buddies thought the new plate was a good idea since they know I might have a weapon in the pickup. I like flying under the radar now, No stickers or anything else on the pickup now.
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,162 Senior Member
    NRA Sticker on my Pick up.

Wear a Ruger or NRA ball cap, and a S&W t-shirt from time to time.

But that's bout all.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,186 Senior Member
    Nope. Don't do the stickers, hats, or T-shirts.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,736 Senior Member
    I just go out on the balcony every day at dusk and fire both barrels from my AYA SxS into the air to discourage thieves and vagabonds....................I guess you could call it advertising.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    orchidman wrote: »
    I just go out on the balcony every day at dusk and fire both barrels from my AYA SxS into the air to discourage thieves, vagabonds, And [B Wombats /B].....I guess you could call it advertising.
    Fixed it for you.
    Fixed it for you.
    It is effective on Wombats................There havent been any recorded sightings in NZ as far back as i can remember.................although the fact that they are an Australian native and I live in NZ could be a reason for this.:roll2:
    It is effective on Wombats................There havent been any recorded sitings in NZ as far back as i can remember.................although the fact that they are an Australian native and I live in NZ could be a reason for this.:roll2:
    YOU silly flightless bird :rotflmao:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

It is effective on Wombats................There havent been any recorded sitings in NZ as far back as i can remember.................although the fact that they are an Australian native and I live in NZ could be a reason for this.:roll2:

Much like I used to tell my kids when they were little that the dog was excellent at keeping elephants away, and I could prove this to them when I challenged them to find elephant sign.
    However I've read where the Bull Wombats swim great distances searching for a mate during the mating season.
    I'm sure you know my post in that other thread was just good natured ribbing because I thought I remembered you posting about a .222
    Dang this is a tough crowd:jester:, gotta even be accurate with your fauna geography wise
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    I wear my orange Remington hat a lot. It prompted a realy nice discussion with two older women in line at a Starbucks. Even the barrista was smiling and nodding in agreement.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 737 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo---What the hey does "I don't 'advertize' that I'm a guy guy" mean?? (I tried to put a smiley face here)

Hawk
    I've had small NRA stickers on my cars at different times, but don't currently have one. I have worn Kimber hats in public, and Browning shirts and such. Have never really given it much thought. I never leave guns in my car unattended and if someone breaks into one of my cars, it's insured. I don't really care if anyone knows I'm carrying though I don't advertise it.

Regarding if someone knows if you're carrying or not. If there's one thing they harp on here on our CCL regs it's that it's a CONCEALED carry permit. I just sat through my wife's class not long ago and the instructor just pounded this point.
    The Republican's just captured both houses of the statehouse here, probably since Reconstruction and they're passing all kinds of gun friendly stuff. There is some talk about open carry, which I'm not a fan of if one has the option of CCW. Which has nothing to do with stickers on your truck, sorry for the hi-jack.
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,110 Senior Member
    they cant steal what they dont know you have.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
    ilove22s wrote: »
    they cant steal what they dont know you have.
    per-snackly :beer:
    (or for Sam... EXACTLY :p )

Dang this is a tough crowd:jester:, gotta even be accurate with your fauna geography wise

:tooth:
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,426 Senior Member
    No. Triathlon on the other hand...
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Not as a "badge", but I do sport an NRA Life Member sticker on the back of the Jeep cause I'm proud to support the 2nd amendment, and I want to show transparency and let you know, I support 2A....go pound sand if you don't.

Go ahead and try to break in, but try the unlocked doors first and don't do any money-sucking damage...you won't find anything worth of value in there.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,321 Senior Member
    I've had small NRA stickers on my cars at different times, but don't currently have one. I have worn Kimber hats in public, and Browning shirts and such. Have never really given it much thought. I never leave guns in my car unattended and if someone breaks into one of my cars, it's insured. I don't really care if anyone knows I'm carrying though I don't advertise it.

I care if someone knows I'm carrying, since I carry concealed. If it's apparent that I'm carrying, that means I'm doing it wrong. My technique has failed me. It also makes others uncomfortable and draws attention to me, and I don't like attention. Attention gets you in trouble, or at least inconvenienced.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    :tooth:

Ya know orchidman, I never said you killed a wombat IN NZ, it's a .222 we were discussing, they are pretty flat shooters after all.