Do you wear it like a badge?

2»

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,737 Senior Member
    Surefire hat.

That's it.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,497 Senior Member
    I live in a liberal west coast city, I don't advertise it I'm really not in the mood to shoot some fool. The last advertisement I had was a bumper sticker that said "Liberals preach tolerance and diversity but pratice neither when faced with opionins different from their own." My bumper snicker was deface and un legable. I wish I knew who did it so I could thank them for proving my point. I think the only advertisement I'd like to post would be "Tresspassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again".
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,909 Senior Member
    I don't wear clothing with advertizing on it,except a couple of caps, one NRA and one Sierra the Bullet Smiths. Other than that, I keep it down to a dull roar. I keep my guns all locked in a safe that's bolted to my house's concrete slab. If someone wants to get my guns out of here, they're going to draw some attention and the cops are very close. it would take a real dummy to try it, but there's still more than a few of those around.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,909 Senior Member
    Freezer wrote: »
    I live in a liberal west coast city, I don't advertise it I'm really not in the mood to shoot some fool. The last advertisement I had was a bumper sticker that said "Liberals preach tolerance and diversity but pratice neither when faced with opionins different from their own." My bumper snicker was deface and un legable. I wish I knew who did it so I could thank them for proving my point. I think the only advertisement I'd like to post would be "Tresspassers will be shot. Survivors will be shot again".

I love that one Freezer. I also like that one, "Liberals preach tolerance and diversity but pratice neither when faced with opionins different from their own." Where did you get that bumper sticker? I want one, and around here in Texas it would be appreciated.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,780 Senior Member
    My Molon Labe hat is as tired as some else's surefire one.
    I don't overly advertise NRA sticker yes
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,737 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    My Molon Labe hat is as tired as some else's surefire one.

Hey, I retired the worn out one! The current one is going on a year and a half now. In fact, I just washed it this weekend for the first time!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • WeatherbyWeatherby Senior Member Posts: 4,780 Senior Member
    Sacrilege ..........Finally got some rain down that way?
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,700 Senior Member
    NRA sticker on the truck...that's it,no tee shirts or hats......unless camo gives me away.
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • bushratbushrat Member Posts: 39 Member
    In my young and naive days I thought it was so cool to wear shooting related jackets, patches, ball caps, and such. But haven't done that in 30 years.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 807 Senior Member
    Absolutely not. Nor do I advertise other aspects of my life to everyone. Those who need to know know. Those who have a similar interest know about my shared interest. Example: I've mentioned on here that I ride a scooter, own an ultralight, and camp in an RV. But I don't go into any details. On the scooter/ultralight/rv forums, I don't mention anything about my firearms intersest. If the firearms topic comes up, I refer them to here or other firearm forums. But I don't divulge anything about my involvement or ownership. Heck. I even use different usernames on every forum.

I'll stop there, before I rant about posting on Facebook/Google+/Twitter/other social media sites.

Remember why I'm now Rimfire and not my former username? That's because I slipped up and talked openly with someone at work about firearms.

Walk quietly and carry a boom stick.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    I do have the standard NRA window sticker on the back window of my truck. Funny thing is, the only person who's ever asked me about it thought it was a USMC sticker, until I let him look closer. A four-inch circle with small lettering means more to someone who actually recognizes it, especially when there are so many veterans in the area whose cars wear similar stickers in size, shape, and color.

I live in an area, though, that is very gun-friendly. When you're out in the sticks, knowing your neighbors and yourself all can repel boarders if needed, and it really pays to know which of your neighbors to trust.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,695 Senior Member
    No, other than decking out in camo for hunting, I don't advertise any association with guns to strangers.

It has little to do with taking safety precautions, though. I'm just trying to avoid discussions with fools, lately - and that does not neccesarily apply only to anti-gun folks. There's almost nothing worse than getting hemmed up by a know-it-all who won't shut up for long enough for you to tell him to shut up. :tooth:
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,757 Senior Member
    No, I don't. Much like Rimfire, I have a very real need to compartmentalize my life. I have some gun shirts and whatnot, but those are worn with friends or on shooting trips. No stickers on my car, etc...
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • jigbonejigbone Member Posts: 182 Member
    bisley wrote: »
    It has little to do with taking safety precautions, though. I'm just trying to avoid discussions with fools, lately - and that does not neccesarily apply only to anti-gun folks. There's almost nothing worse than getting hemmed up by a know-it-all who won't shut up for long enough for you to tell him to shut up. :tooth:

You said a mouthful. Last time I bought a gun at the LGS I had one of those guys yacking his fool head off at me to the point where, by the time my gun purchase was complete, I wanted to use the thing on myself so that I wouldn't have to listen to his incessant dribble about some gun he had 10 years ago that was really cool.
    ATF should not be a government agency, it should be a discount store.
    :usa:
  • BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    Nope. No truck stickers or clothing unless they want to pay me for advertising. I remember Sam talking about an encounter with a drunk idiot who noticed his Glock shirt. Why bother?
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,807 Senior Member
    I have an almost worn out 9x18 sticker on the back window of my truck... that's it.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,440 Senior Member
    I have a "I'm a gun owner AND I vote" sticker on the back window of my vehicle. Other than that I wear my raggedy old BCM hat. 99% of people have no clue who they are though.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,611 Senior Member
    Couple hats couple shirts, no stickers on truck except local high school fund raiser sticker in window (removable).
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    The less people know the better.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    Do you wear it like a badge?

OK, OK I carry it in my pocket 123.gif

hywtccw.jpg
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,497 Senior Member
    Snake I found it at a gun show and after it was destroyed I haven't found another. I'll start looking again. I don't hide the fact that I own guns and hunt, I just like to make it personnel. Folks that know nothing about hunting yet have an opinion on the subject are dumbfounded when I question their non vegitarian opinions on hunting. Most of the time they walk away woundering what just happened to their stupid sport horn hunter opinions. The one time I wasn't ready the lady walked away agass. It was just before deer season and I was at a coffee shop waiting in line. I was talking to my co worker about my up comming hunt when the women behind me who was eves dropping cried "Your going to go into the woods and shoot Bambie?" Stuned at her rudness I turned and replied, "No, I'm gona go into the woods and shoot his mother! When he finds her and cries over her cold dead body "Oh mommy, Oh mommy, Oh mommy'', I'm gona shoot him too!"

She left the coffee shot without her coffee.

I don't think I did our cause much good that day but nobody's perfect.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,025 Senior Member
    I had an "I'm an ELKOHOLIC" sticker on my truck, and had an 80'ish petite lady ream me a new one. Told me that it was nothing to be proud of...and that I should join AA & quit drinking!
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    My NRA hats are in my closet gathering dust, no stickers or gun mfg. shirts. I do have a No Fear T-shirt that is printed on the back,
    Don't Fear the Gun
    (with a picture of a silhouette target with bullet holes)
    Only the hole it makes

very seldom have I worn it. Only my close friends know my interest in firearms, with most of them having CCW's. At breakfast this past Wednesday ( we meet every Wednesday about 6-8 of us.) there were 5 of us and 4 were carrying. The 5th guy said he felt very secure. We all are in our mid 60's to 70's, just a bunch of old farts. Just don't mess with these old farts, LOL.
  • jigbonejigbone Member Posts: 182 Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I have an almost worn out 9x18 sticker on the back window of my truck... that's it.

D

Gotta get me one of those :tooth:
    ATF should not be a government agency, it should be a discount store.
    :usa: