Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

LAPD punishes officers in shooting

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
First we have:
The women’s lawyer counted 102 bullet holes in their blue Toyota Tacoma and several more in Hernandez’s hoodie.

Then we have:
...five bullet holes piercing a home’s front door and more in walls and garages (and solar panels) that lined the street.

The ramifications....
NBC4 has learned that eight LAPD officers were involved in the shootout. All of them have been assigned to non-field assignments until "the [police] chief decides otherwise."

LAPD really lays it down when their officers try to kill citizens. Kudos to the Chief.

ETA: Isn't a "shootout" an event that involves people exchanging gunfire?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/02/22/17058326-8-lapd-officers-involved-in-shooting-after-dorner-case-of-mistaken-identity#comments
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,266 Senior Member
    That'll teach em.........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,824 Senior Member
    I did not expect anything to happen to them. They will sit on desk duty until this blows over, then be back on the street.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,293 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

Yes...in a normal shootout bullets are flying in both directions....unless you live in LA....maybe the folks in the Toyota pickup were hurling rolled up newspapers
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    When they realized they were being attacked, the women in the pick up urinated, vomited and started blowing their whistles. Unfortunately, they left their double barrels lying on the balcony at home.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Freedom FighterFreedom Fighter Member Posts: 47 Member
    Unfortunately, they left their double barrels lying on the balcony at home.
    LMAO !!!!

102 bullet holes...... I heard of excessive but damn, that's a little much
    Support the 2nd amendment. :guns:
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Ben Franklin
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,181 Senior Member
    I wish the reports would get it right. It was 102 warning shots...........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    It takes 8 LAPD to do the work of 2 NYPD....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Maybe LAPD officers need a limit on magazines and ammo, like the gun control crowd are trying with their magazine ban.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    I wish the reports would get it right. It was 102 warning shots...........

Lets see here. 8 officers probably armed with some version of the AR15/M16. 30 round magazines in the rifles. That's 240 rounds total (8 x 30 = 240). Assuming all officers panicked and emptied their magazines, that's 240 rounds, 102 of which hit the truck, or less than a 50% rate of hits on the target (truck is target). That leaves 138 rounds going willy nilly somewhere else. :silly: :silly:

They are talking a good game, but I'm sitting this one out waiting on seeing what actions are taken against the officers, if any, and if any of the innocent victims of the shooting and damage to property are, as the lawyers say, made whole.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,438 Senior Member
    LMAO !!!!

102 bullet holes...... I heard of excessive but damn, that's a little much

Luckily, they still missed killing the people in the car.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Michakav wrote: »
    I did not expect anything to happen to them. They will sit on desk duty until this blows over, then be back on the street.
    i
    Michakav, that is not the point. The point is it's a Gun Fight! Not a church social. Of course there's bullet holes all over the place. That's something that goes with gunfights, unless they're using tazers or water guns!

Problem is, Chiefs in big cities are people that have political motivations and have forgotten what goes on in the street or the real world and over look the real issues to make themselves look good. I love it when something happens and the chief or head law enforcement officer gets on TV and talks. It's all about him looking good then. And he'll have a whole slew of brown nosing desk cops behind him. This is why I love Dirty Harry movies. They always had this situation going on and these movies brought it to our attention.

It's worse when the Law Enforcement head is elected. Politics has no place in Law Enforcement. That's why I like the way our police department is run. A committy of real people HIRE the chief. He doesn't go through a dog and pony show election like the Sheriff here does. Then the sheriff elected can be a crap shoot.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    102 shots minimum with 1 hit on target. :rotflmao:
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    i
    Michakav, that is not the point. The point is it's a Gun Fight! Not a church social. Of course there's bullet holes all over the place. That's something that goes with gunfights, unless they're using tazers or water guns!

Problem is, Chiefs in big cities are people that have political motivations and have forgotten what goes on in the street or the real world and over look the real issues to make themselves look good. I love it when something happens and the chief or head law enforcement officer gets on TV and talks. It's all about him looking good then. And he'll have a whole slew of brown nosing desk cops behind him. This is why I love Dirty Harry movies. They always had this situation going on and these movies brought it to our attention.

It's worse when the Law Enforcement head is elected. Politics has no place in Law Enforcement. That's why I like the way our police department is run. A committy of real people HIRE the chief. He doesn't go through a dog and pony show election like the Sheriff here does. Then the sheriff elected can be a crap shoot.
    Army commissioned officers. were similar. Somewhere between O4 (MAJ.) and O5 (LTC.) most of them made the transition from soldier to politician.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    102 shots minimun with 1 hit on target. :rotflmao:
    That is why we don't need guns for our personal protection. We have highly trained and skilled professionals only minutes away!
    i
    Michakav, that is not the point. The point is it's a Gun Fight!.

Mike...you do realize that the incidents we're referring to were not gunfights....these were cases of police officers shooting up the vehicles of unarmed civilians....
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Mike...you do realize that the incidents we're referring to were not gunfights....these were cases of police officers shooting up the vehicles of unarmed civilians....

I don't think he does.
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    That is why we don't need guns for our personal protection. We have highly trained and skilled professionals only minutes away!

We should all sleep well at night then..:down:
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    i

You get the "Failure to Read the Article Linked to the Thread" award. :devil:
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    Regarding the ladies in the pickup shooting YES, there has to be an UNBIASED investigation and UNBIASED punishment if found they acted in any form of bad faith this including "payback or non tinfoil cover up", same with the "cabin incident", if it was a combination of fear and stupidity they should at a minimum be fired and go into another line of work but seems that police officers are GUILTY, even after proven innocent... that is so for ALL police that gets involved in any incident that makes headlines and provides a lot of advertising revenue for the media who will assert this by only providing and packaging the info that in the most biased way sells.

As usual WITHOUT having an entire picture we deem "them" guilty based on what is told to us by the same story manipulating headline hungry media that never gets anything that serves our agenda correct...

There was a time when most folks lived in small communities and you did not NEED the media to know what was up, if the police in your town had a case of happy triggers and abused their power or where the good guys everyone knew and so on, that is not the case anymore, we "RELY" on a very corrupted + biased cash agenda driven media for information and they pick and choose how to paint a picture based on all the wrong reasons, now with the internet this has been extrapolated to infinity.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    bruchi wrote: »
    As usual WITHOUT having an entire picture we deem "them" guilty based on what is told to us by the same story manipulating headline hungry media that never gets anything that serves our agenda correct...

Sending 102+ rounds at 2 women delivering newspapers is pretty cut and dried for guilty in my book.
    Sending 102+ rounds at 2 women delivering newspapers is pretty cut and dried for guilty in my book.

IMO you need a broader book and the media where you get "ALL THE DATA YOU NEED" for your equation in order to deem guilt is not a reliable source...
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,763 Senior Member
    NBC4 has learned that eight LAPD officers were involved in the shootat.

Fixed it for ya. :roll2:
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,559 Senior Member
    IMO you need a broader book and the media where you get "ALL THE DATA YOU NEED" for your equation in order to deem guilt is not a reliable source...
    So... what's your solution? You've told us that we need better sources. What are your sources? Or are you distrustful of everyone?

BTW, what more data are needed here? 102 rounds fired at 2 Asian women in a light blue truck when they were looking for a large black man in a black truck. What other info might we be missing?
    Overkill is underrated.
    So... what's your solution? You've told us that we need better sources. What are your sources? Or are you distrustful of everyone?

BTW, what more data are needed here? 102 rounds fired at 2 Hispanic women in a light blue truck when they were looking for a large black man in a Gray truck. What other info might we be missing?

There...fixed it for ya...
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Hey, they might have been UFO passengers from Studio 54:tooth: dressed to look like LAPD officers.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • GuardrailGuardrail New Member Posts: 26 New Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »

Yes, this was target practice. That many shots fired and everyone lives? I think the bad guys in LA have pretty good odds.

Guardrail

BTW, what more data are needed here? 102 rounds fired at 2 Asian women in a light blue truck when they were looking for a large black man in a black truck. What other info might we be missing?

I don't have a solution and I have never said that I have "better" sources or data, all the contrary, my point has always been that I have no way to place trust on the data that falls on my lap, no clue on where you get this?

I for one do not need to think that "I know" what happened thousands of miles away from me, there is stuff happening down the street I will remain clueless about...I can live quite well with the reality of doubt.

Based on the tidbits of info regarding this I ASSUME that LAPD messed up incredibly badly, it is reported that 102 rounds where fired by LAPD, that is a number I will assume that is a reasonable report, maybe it was 137 and they missed a few but the point of offering that number is that works great for the media as most folks will see this as a huge amount but I know that in reality it takes seconds to be fired by multiple shooters, the media says 8 officers did the shooting, they could had educated the public regarding how many shots are fired in situations as this, warranted or not, but that would kill the "impact" of reporting this HUGE number of shots.

"Blue Truck", "2 Asian Women" are also items that serve the media a lot, they are easy to remember and more important they are great when it comes to manipulate opinion and offer 'reporting of facts" but perhaps there is more to it and more information requires more thinking in the part of the readers, creates doubt which lessens their 'service" so why not "make up their minds for them" and sell more ad space while at it?

What surprises me is that none of the 2 women or anyone else around got hit but I also ASSUME that no one was aiming or much less aware they where shooting at 2 unarmed woman!

My best GUESS is that someone in uniform got really scared and confused, decided to open fire and the others chimed in without any thinking involved, still a GUESS on my part but in no way what I would deem as judgement and much less as the REALITY of the incident.

Again, if I had to guess the LAPD officers involved in the shooting MESSED UP but still that is an uneducated guess on my part and not FACTS, those could be even worst, or not.

Personally I have no way to know one way or the other.

Like most folks I have to live with mass media data but I am NOT going to assume as reality what I "like" and as lies and stupidity whatever I "don't like".

I know that it all comes from the SAME SOURCE.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member

What surprises me is that none of the 2 women or anyone else around got hit but I also ASSUME that no one was aiming or much less aware they where shooting at 2 unarmed woman!

The older woman was shot twice in the back. She was in critical condition for a while. It was on multiple news sources.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    The older woman was shot twice in the back. She was in critical condition for a while. It was on multiple news sources.

Thanks, a big deal that one got shot and is in critical condition to be missed but that is one of the problems with all the "pick and choose" on the hype, both on part of the media and our self serving interpretation of it, "102 shots", "Blue truck", "2 woman" we are not going to forget...
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    The heads of the CIA, FBI, and the LAPD were in a conference with the president of the United States. They couldn't accomplish much, however, because of their incessant rivalry with regards to which agency could apprehend suspects the most efficiently and quickly.

The president decides to settle it once and for all by releasing a rabbit into the woods and timing the results of the agencies as a test of efficiency.

The CIA places several animal informants in the woods and after eighteen weeks of deep cover questioning of all the animal, plant and mineral witnesses, they conclude that the rabbit has fled to a foreign country and that they need arms to trade with Columbia in order to get cooperation with extradition efforts.

The FBI surrounds the woods with its own agents and those of the ATF after reports that the rabbit has armed himself and is operating a militia using the woods as a hub of operation. After four weeks of frustration and standoff they rush the woods without warrants and accidentally burn down the whole damned woods with a malfunctioning tear gas canister, killing 112 rabbits, several hundred animal hostages and innocent onlookers. They insisted, however that the rabbit had it coming because they had given him ample time to give himself up.

The LAPD sent four uniformed officers into the woods and in less than an hour returned with a badly beaten black bear who was screaming "Okay, Okay, I'm a rabbit. I'm a rabbit.."
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.