Who makes LH twist AR barrels??

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,869 Senior Member
While cleaning the ones I took shooting recently, I noticed that my "hunting" upper has a left hand twist (counter clockwise). All of my other 223 barrels have a right hand (clockwise) twist. AAMOF, the only other LH twist barrels I have are from TC.

So, anyone have any idea who makes LH twist AR barrels???

I got this upper in a trade and have no clue on who made any of it, other than the muzzle brake and MOE hand guards that I've added to it.
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• U TU T Member Posts: 405 Member
    must be a company located in the southern hemisphere?
    kinda like toilets go the opposite direction down there!
    I'm only kidding! I have no idea?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,857 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    While cleaning the ones I took shooting recently, I noticed that my "hunting" upper has a left hand twist (counter clockwise). All of my other 223 barrels have a right hand (clockwise) twist. AAMOF, the only other LH twist barrels I have are from TC.

So, anyone have any idea who makes LH twist AR barrels???

I got this upper in a trade and have no clue on who made any of it, other than the muzzle brake and MOE hand guards that I've added to it.

I think those are only made in the Southern Hemisphere because they won't work right up here, ya know because of the way the earth turns and all.....

:jester::jester::jester:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    Colt has been notorious for about forever rifling barrels with left hand twist.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.