Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Be sure to buy 'em all a T-shirt before they're turned loose!

bth_logo.jpg

Jerry
  • Roy RogersRoy Rogers New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    Wouldn't it be easier to just deport them?
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    They are probably criminals that have been charged with crimes.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    It would be cheaper to put them up in the holiday inn...

In most cases these detention costs are paid to private prisons who make big bucks working as contractors to ICE and are the easiest things to cut. Deporting people isn't cheap and across the board cuts mean across the board, even things people like. Would you rather they cut back on detention beds and rely on other, cheaper methods or furlough the nearly 10,000 agents that go out and round up the illegals in the first place or the lawyers and judges that process the deportations? Maybe they could seriously cut back on HSI which tracks and investigates human trafficking, smuggling of narcotics and weapons, financial and cyber crimes, protects critical infrastructure and enforces American intellectual property protections and export control laws around the world.

Dude! Have I got a deal for you! THEY are incarcerated; WE need a border fence. Seems to me we're wasting a ready labor force to build the fence and save some serious bucks on labor. Tent city for the 'newly hired workers'; multi level concertina wire fence of razor wire. Set it up like the GA prison farm system used to be; you run, you get shot.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    They are all in the process of being deported but that takes time and money. See we unfortunately have this tricky document called the constitution that guarantees people due process of law.

That should only apply to citizens and LEGAL aliens.... not just "people".

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,824 Senior Member
    It really makes NO sense to pay for deportation without building an inpenetrable border. Otherwise they just come back across and it becomes a vicious money spending circle.

It would be the same as relocating wild hogs to the next door neighbors ranch without buiding a fence and hoping they don't come back. Not going to happen.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,304 Senior Member
    They are all in the process of being deported but that takes time and money. See we unfortunately have this tricky document called the constitution that guarantees people due process of law.

No...it doesn't...load 'em on a bus(es) drive them down to the border and kick them out . Let them know there is a bullet waiting for them if they come back.... No need for any "due process" nonsense...they don't belong here in the first place...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    cpj wrote: »
    Lets play pretend.
    I'm an illegal alien. I'm due to be deported. You turn me loose, with an ankle bracelet that tracks my every move.

I'm SURE that I wouldn't cut it off and run for the hills.

Exactly! And then be put right back into the system only to be turned loose again.

Nothing but a vicious circle.
  • guinnessguinness Member Posts: 62 Member
    Somehow, this is all Bush's fault !
    guinness wrote: »
    Somehow, this is all Bush's fault !

Of course it is!!!! 100 yrs. from now, if a Democrap president is in office, it will still be Bush's fault.
    Didn't Papa Fidel do the same thing in Cuba awhile back? He emptied his prisons and sent 'em to Florida! I guess all those communists think alike.
    Jerry
    So, you are going to continue to defend this president who has made it clear to the Congress for 4 years that everything is going to be "my way or the highway" on every issue, else he will inflict pain on their constituents and use his propaganda wing to blame them for it in it's entirety. Can you honestly believe that this latest outrage is anything other than an orchestrated plan to inflame the public against those who oppose him? This is another demonstration to his political enemies, targeted at making them give up, just as has been happening for 4 years.

This guy has done zero work, since he's been in office, other than campaign. He never sits down to honest negotiations, but rather schedules high visibility meetings with opposition leaders and lectures them like school children, then sends them away with their tails tucked between their legs to face an accusing media. Then he hops on Air Force One and takes tours around all the nice vacation spots, making teleprompter speeches that were written before the meetings even took place, excoriating them for their lack of good faith and their heartlessness towards the middle class.

Read some history, dude. There are countless examples of completely unscrupulous ideologues who have risen to power by creating chaos from issues that they helped create, then riding to the rescue with 'solutions' that nobody else is smart enough to come up with. It will get even worse, now, because he's sending his two top fiction writers (Gibbs and Axelrod) to NBC to choreograph the newest narratives and pound the message home. You will shortly be seeing hit pieces against all the 'rising stars' in the conservative/libertarian minority within the Republican Party, and every Congressman that needs to be defeated in 2014 to return the House to Democrat control and consolidate the Senate majority. Once that is done, and a 'conservative' Supreme Court judge kicks the bucket, the 1st and 2nd Amendments are toast.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    So, you are going to continue to defend this president who has made it clear to the Congress for 4 years that everything is going to be "my way or the highway" on every issue, else he will inflict pain on their constituents and use his propaganda wing to blame them for it in it's entirety. Can you honestly believe that this latest outrage is anything other than an orchestrated plan to inflame the public against those who oppose him? This is another demonstration to his political enemies, targeted at making them give up, just as has been happening for 4 years.

This guy has done zero work, since he's been in office, other than campaign. He never sits down to honest negotiations, but rather schedules high visibility meetings with opposition leaders and lectures them like school children, then sends them away with their tails tucked between their legs to face an accusing media. Then he hops on Air Force One and takes tours around all the nice vacation spots, making teleprompter speeches that were written before the meetings even took place, excoriating them for their lack of good faith and their heartlessness towards the middle class.

Read some history, dude. There are countless examples of completely unscrupulous ideologues who have risen to power by creating chaos from issues that they helped create, then riding to the rescue with 'solutions' that nobody else is smart enough to come up with. It will get even worse, now, because he's sending his two top fiction writers (Gibbs and Axelrod) to NBC to choreograph the newest narratives and pound the message home. You will shortly be seeing hit pieces against all the 'rising stars' in the conservative/libertarian minority within the Republican Party, and every Congressman that needs to be defeated in 2014 to return the House to Democrat control and consolidate the Senate majority. Once that is done, and a 'conservative' Supreme Court judge kicks the bucket, the 1st and 2nd Amendments are toast.

Although I HOPE you're wrong about the Dems taking over, I have a feeling that you're 100% correct!
    Napolitano is now saying she had absolutely nothing to do with the release of these criminals. It was done by an underling, on his/her own initiative. She promises to 'look into it.'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/homeland-security-secretary-janet-napolitano-regrets-timing-immigrant/story?id=18622711
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,404 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    What pisses me off is dear leader basically saying "oh yeah? I can't get my way? How's about I turn loose some prisoners? Maybe you will rethink your position."

Union Thuggery writ large in politics. This whole Sequestration thing is just the typical Union Thug thinking applied to the whole country.

Union: "Won't give everyone an unwarranted pay raise? Fine, we will stop all work at the company"
    Dear Leader: "Won't give me more taxes? Fine. I'll cut all the air traffic controllers, release prisoners, and stop law enforcement"

Just straight out Thuggery and Chicago Politics.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Napolitano is now saying she had absolutely nothing to do with the release of these criminals. It was done by an underling, on his/her own initiative. She promises to 'look into it.'

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/homeland-security-secretary-janet-napolitano-regrets-timing-immigrant/story?id=18622711

The guy who did it has stepped forward and admitted it was all his idea. Oh, and by the way, he is retiring, so long and thanks for all the fish.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    644075_539803522700257_1152976797_n_zps4ff4eeea.jpg
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    She runs a multi agency operation with a budget of $60B a year. Do you think Robert Iger current CEO of Disney knows everything that goes on at ESPN or Their Resort Hotel Operations Division? For the record the DHS budget is 50% larger than Disney's annual revenue. Every large bureaucratic organization, public or private has a chain of command, but few decisions go all the way to the top. This probably stops at either the head of Enforcement and Removal Operations within ICE which runs the detention centers or possibly the Director of ICE.

It doesn't matter.

A 'department head' that delegates such authority to an underling is responsible for his/her decisions, especially so when it is of this magnitude. The Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security is not allowed to say 'the dog ate my homework.' Granted that Hilary, Panetta, and Holder have all gotten away with such BS excuses, stonewalling, and straw man arguments, and that Napolitano will get a pass on this, but that is a function of a media whose journalism ethics have been tossed aside to promote an agenda, cowardly leadership in the opposition party, and a constituency that won't demand excellence from its leaders.

This is pure bureaucratic obfuscation, following a formula that allows the most mediocre among us to wield power over more capable people than they will ever be. A Republican administration would never get away with such a sniveling excuse, because the press has trained the public to require an excellence from them that they don't even consider applying to Democrats.
    Lie- - - - -Deny- - - - -Blame somebody else- - - - - -Repeat as necessary- - - - -Just politics as usual folks, nothing to see here- - - - -Move along!
    Jerry
    It's no accident that Wally World has opened "financial service centers" in all their stores. They're also staffed with bilingual employees selling money orders as fast as they can. They were tired of missing an opportunity to profit from all that money heading south of the border. Now they're getting a big slice of the pie Western Union used to have a lock on!
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member

Oh, I'm all for them releasing the illegals, just put em in a bus and haul em down to the border and let em out on the Mexican side. Of course, half of them will be back over the river the next morning, but at least it will set them back a few miles.

And it costs money to pay the coyote and other fees to get across, so a couple of times being hauled back will deplete their funds and they'll be stuck on the other side for good.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Release 'em a mile from the border- - - - -from the cargo ramp of a C-130 5,000 feet up!
    Jerry
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    If we fined anyone caught employing an illegal alien $1,000,000 per occurrence, non negotiable, the line to get back to Mexico would reach Denver because they would be NO FREAKIN' REASON for them to come here!!! It would also open up millions of jobs for Americans. SURE the cost of getting your grass cut would go up. BUT BILLIONS of dollars that are now being sent to Mexico via Western Union by illegals would come right back into our economy instead of being hopelessly lost on feeding the economy of our neighbor to the South.

Once again there is NO WAR on illegal immigration, it is a huge business that employs thousands of folks and cannot be dismantled without causing irreparable damage to our economy. Just like the war on drugs, the war on terrorism, the war on poverty... and so on. All bloated government bureaucracies with massive budgets and quotas. They are businesses JUST like HP, IBM and Walmart.

NO. They are EXPENSES just like every other government agency. The only reason for any government agency to exist is IF their benefit to private enterprise far outweighs the cost and the function cannot be handled by private enterprise. Since their benefit appears to be minimal in its present incarnation we would be better served cutting it drastically IMO.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member

An underling did it but the director is not responsible. Sounds like fast and furious logic to me. Maybe Holder can look into it for her.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    If we fined anyone caught employing an illegal alien $1,000,000 per occurrence, non negotiable, the line to get back to Mexico would reach Denver because they would be NO FREAKIN' REASON for them to come here!!! It would also open up millions of jobs for Americans. SURE the cost of getting your grass cut would go up. BUT BILLIONS of dollars that are now being sent to Mexico via Western Union by illegals would come right back into our economy instead of being hopelessly lost on feeding the economy of our neighbor to the South.

Once again there is NO WAR on illegal immigration, it is a huge business that employs thousands of folks and cannot be dismantled without causing irreparable damage to our economy. Just like the war on drugs, the war on terrorism, the war on poverty... and so on. All bloated government bureaucracies with massive budgets and quotas. They are businesses JUST like HP, IBM and Walmart.
    My solution has always been any business hireing an illegal whether it is a 1 employee lawn mowing business or Wal-Mart. The business would be seized, sold at auction, and proceeds spent on reducing our national debt.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,864 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    An underling did it but the director is not responsible. Sounds like fast and furious logic to me. Maybe Holder can look into it for her.
    Then go pick them back up~~~~~~~they probably cut the monitor
    off by now and they cannot find them.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Does Coyote hunting include a LAW rocket into a truck loaded with illegals? Just want to be legal. :guns::guns: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.