Home Main Category Personal Defense

Really!?!!?

DuckaholicDuckaholic New MemberPosts: 7 New Member
So I'm watching guns and ammo tv and a guy is demonstrating how law enforcement should defend from a seated position while in their patrol vehicle or even a civilian. He suggests wearing his pistol on the right side to draw being cautious of not flagging himself or hitting the gear shift and steering wheel. But did the guy expect us all, including the police to ride around without a seatbelt on?!? He seemed to think of everything but drawing while not first breaking the seatbelt law. Did anyone else catch this? I'd like them to retry this with seatbelt in place 

Replies

• LerchessLerchess Senior Member Posts: 550 Senior Member
    I've never had an issue with drawing from the drivers seat. In patrol, I had a Bianchi thumb snap holster. Now I usually use a FIST holster. Basically, the seat belt release is very near where my gun is. Just release the seatbelt and draw. Adds an extra second, but not a huge deal to me.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    My preferred carry method in a vehicle is IWB at about 3 o'clock. With the correct holster and good posture, it provides the easiest access I have found, short of just laying it on the seat.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,162 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Welcome Duckaholic. I've done it and it's not very difficult if your rig is in the right spot. I push my holster slightly to the front to the 2:30 position when in the car and it works just fine. Whats great about it is that to someone by the door it looks lke you are going for the buckle of your seatbelt.

This.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • DuckaholicDuckaholic New Member Posts: 7 New Member
    Right, I just figured they could have went trough that scenario as well pluss I've never seen or tried it because wedging it between my seats in the chevy is just a convenient place and easily accessible for my larger caliber 45. Personally I'd also have a 380 on person for if I needed to bail and keep that for secondary. Thanks for clearing some questions up
  • DuckaholicDuckaholic New Member Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes your right but that's the least of my worries, the guy that stole my vehicle would also have my wallet or maybe something else. He probably has a weapon anyways. Also if he's approaching my vehicle and going to steal it. With the 45 right at my side I definitely will be using it quickly on him. I really was talking about a wreck situation where your pistol would be dislodged from between the seats. Problem is there's a million scenarios that could take place. It's all about preparing for what may come. We wear seatbelts to protect us in case of a wreck, in which we wear protection in case of conflict. Never know if Ur gonna roll, get side swipped or head-on. We just wear it to protect.
  • ADRidgeADRidge Member Posts: 173 Member
    Duckaholic wrote: »
    Yes your right but that's the least of my worries, the guy that stole my vehicle would also have my wallet or maybe something else. He probably has a weapon anyways. Also if he's approaching my vehicle and going to steal it. With the 45 right at my side I definitely will be using it quickly on him. I really was talking about a wreck situation where your pistol would be dislodged from between the seats. Problem is there's a million scenarios that could take place. It's all about preparing for what may come. We wear seatbelts to protect us in case of a wreck, in which we wear protection in case of conflict. Never know if Ur gonna roll, get side swipped or head-on. We just wear it to protect.

Which is why we should always have a six humvee protection team with us, three in front, three in back, ready to fire at all times.

But since we don't, we can only prepare for so many scenarios and adapt to all others.
    In space no one can hear you scream... but if you put a helicopter up there, some jerk would complain about the noise!
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Huh?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,644 Senior Member
    Seeing the ADRidge post freaked me out until I looked at the date...
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    What I want to know is how did the thread title change?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,497 Senior Member
    When you reply, go to "advanced" and you can change the thread title.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,112 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Huh?

Spammer ressurected this thread and I reported it. Spam was deleted but my post from yesterday stayed.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Ah, OK. Mods, maybe we could just dump the text of the trolls and leave the post as a placemarker, so guys like me won't feel like an idiot?

(please don't ban me...)
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,112 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Ah, OK. Mods, maybe we could just dump the text of the trolls and leave the post as a placemarker, so guys like me won't feel like an idiot?

(please don't ban me...)

If they delete the spammers post and the one from whoever reports it, the thread should drop back into the past..........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....