Home Main Category Hunting

Back Online With My Big 8

124»

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Johnny reb wrote: »
    How many of the 200 grain do you want a lgs I rarely go too had several boxes the other day and I bought 2 more boxes of nosler spitzers for 20$ a box

I'm really having trouble finding 220s. In a perfect world I'd find some 220 ABs but at this point I'd settle for just about any 220 grn hunting bullet. But if those boxes are 50 count I might be a player. I'm busy now but I'll PM you later or feel free to PM me if you like. Thanks
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Johnny rebJohnny reb Member Posts: 715 Senior Member
    I got those 220 sierras weather has been horrible hopefully this weekend get too work with them
    When I get a few more things worked out and figure what bullets I'm going too be using ill send you some different bullets since you're having trouble finding different bullets too try. They are not the easiest bullets too find are they?
    When I get a few more things worked out and figure what bullets I'm going too be using ill send you some different bullets since you're having trouble finding different bullets too try. They are not the easiest bullets too find are they?

You are correct sir. I get that it's not a popular caliber but still...
    If you want send me a pm with you're contact information and what bullets you have or don't have and want too try and if I have some you want too try I'll send some you're way.
    If you want send me a pm with you're contact information and what bullets you have or don't have and want too try and if I have some you want too try I'll send some you're way.
    Pm inbound. I forgot to address the what i have in my PM but as i wrote above, I've got a variety of 200 grainers in hunting bullets. The 220s are what I can't seem to find. My rifle likes the ABs but though i haven't shot any yet i sure like the looks of the game kings.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Weatherby wrote: »
    along with my hard kicking .270 Win. Now that makes no rhyme or reason, why that rifle of mine kicks so hard

I'd say it probably just fits you the worst on that one but do believe what you say on how the recoil feels to you with it

Weatherby, there's several here that laugh at this. But I will guarantee them if they shoot it without a good soft pad, after about 5 rounds on a bench, you're ready for the bone yard. The thing hurts actually.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    5 shot group at 400 yards with 200 grain noslers not the best pic
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Well, I am not willing to spend the money on the big eight and it is to much to get it like I want so I sold it to a gun smith, turned around and bought $850.00 dollars worth of components for my remaining rifles. Its over, its out of the way and now I don't have anymore heart break over it being what I want and it wasn't going to be unless I spent at least a minimum of $1200.00 for a rebuild (new barrel, stock, extractor, blue printing, trigger ect.). Oh, did I say it is over with the big 8, yeah, its gone. I know, but it is gone! Now on with my life.