Home Main Category Personal Defense

Rem UHD .45 acp

NNNN Senior MemberPosts: 24,706 Senior Member
Nobody responded to my question in another thread about Remington ultimate home defense .45 acp 230 gr BJHP, so I shot some.

Ammo looks as good as any other SD ammo. Shoots as well as any other ammo in this category, energy transfer is, also, about the same as other premium SD ammo except for one.

The bullet expands well and is explosive when hitting a water filled jug, but, does make an enlarged exit hole instead of looking like a hammer made the exit.

The recoil was a bit more than a WWB target rnd.

Is it the answer to all SD use, no, it is; however, another useful rnd to be considered by anyone having issues finding the right ammo for their handgun.
Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Sounds like a good one to consider.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,070 Senior Member
    Ned, a possible reason no one answered could be that they've never heard of that ammo. I know that's why I didn't.
    From your description, it sounds like an updated/rebranded Golden Sabre :uhm:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,706 Senior Member
    knitepoet wrote: »
    it sounds like an updated/rebranded Golden Sabre :uhm:
    I looked up golden sabre and the bullet looks similar.
  • rapier5316rapier5316 Member Posts: 312 Member
    Is that the one labeled as a BJHP? NOT what you're thinking. Brass Jacketed Hollow Point.
    "The power of the United States has peaked, oppression follows." Robert Prector, Socionomics.net
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    At one point I bought some Remington +P+ HP ammo marked LE only !!!

I was really impressed on how it performed out of a S&W 645, when I fired it the first time the backwash of the muzzle blast was akin to being lightly swatted on the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

My Dad had a ND with that S&W 645, the bullet went through his closet door, passed through most of his suits, through a lathe and plaster wall, and passed through My closet missing my clothes / uniforms, then lodged in the far lathe and plaster wall.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    rapier5316 wrote: »
    Is that the one labeled as a BJHP? NOT what you're thinking. Brass Jacketed Hollow Point.
    Yes, but, it still in a picture looks like a golden sabre.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Golden Sabre is a brass jacketed hollow point.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Golden Sabre is a brass jacketed hollow point.
    So then you say they should look the same? :uhm:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    Yep.

Scuttlebutt on other internet forums is that the UHD is just repackaged Golden Saber.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Well, I did get favorable results with the new age Golden Sabre by what ever name.