Home Main Category Clubhouse

My kid said he is moving out

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 5,486 Senior Member
:tissue:

How long do I wait before I turn his room into my trophy room?
When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Replies

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Be efficient about it: he takes one thing out to the car, you move one thing in.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    Make sure its a 'conditional' move.............He can go on the basis that he keeps in close touch with you as I enjoy seeing you post up the pics of his trapping activities..........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    Make sure its a 'conditional' move.............He can go on the basis that he keeps in close touch with you as I enjoy seeing you post up the pics of his trapping activities..........

He's not going too far. He has a "trapper's shack" on my property that holds all of his gear in the summer and doubles as a fur drying facility during the trapping season. This was his biggest concern when he announced that he was planning a move.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Wambli Ska wrote: »
    To be REALLY efficient you want him to take something out and HELP YOU drag something in!!!

:up:

Adam J. McCleod

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    It has been my expierence that they move back in 3 times,
    and each time there is one more.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    He's not going too far. He has a "trapper's shack" on my property that holds all of his gear in the summer and doubles as a fur drying facility during the trapping season.
    Ahhh, crap...thought you meant he was actually cutting the cord and moving to the big city to grow those big city wings.
    :jester:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member

Tell him good luck and congrats from those of us here who follow his tapping and fur business. Very proud of the kid...man.
    Ahhh, crap...thought you meant he was actually cutting the cord and moving to the big city to grow those big city wings.
    :jester:

He's moving into the nearest town, population 7000. Closer to his job and school. I will keep his guns and excess crap. I'm sure we will see his dirty laundry and feed him frequently. :tooth:

Adam J. McCleod

Buffco wrote: »
    Tell him good luck and congrats from those of us here who follow his tapping and fur business. Very proud of the kid...man.

Thanks. Sincerely.

Adam J. McCleod

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    Well, In the time I was at boot camp my mother gained a walk in closet, seriously.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member

as longs as it takes Home Depot to get the cabinets...
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    When I was married and raising two stepsons, as they got older we encouraged them to run away from home as soon as possible, ha ha. Actually one joined the Navy right out of HS, the other sputtered at 3 semesters of college before he went Navy too. Both boys were always welcome back to visit of course.

All kidding aside, the boys were encouraged to strike out into the world on their own asap, with our blessings. We encouraged college first and paid as much of this as we could honestly afford but it wasn't free. We discouraged early marriage and thought correctly that the military was a good solution. Worked okay, too.

Had they been girls I'm sure we wouldn't have tried so hard to push them from the nest but as healthy, smart, and independent-minded young men, living at home after HS was discouraged.
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 743 Senior Member
    I know it is hard watching them go out into the big world but reality soon makes them realize that home is a feeling more than a place. Good luck to young man, and remember, when a chick leaves the nest, it is a compliment to the parent for training well done! :up:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member

Wife and I married after she graduated college. When we got back from the honeymoon, (less than a week) the in-laws had changed her room into a T.V. room! :roll2: The wedding was Sat., I think my FIL started with the reclamation Monday morning. When we got back the following Friday, he told me they had a no return policy...

Tell him Congratulations and wish him well.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    Wait. First, do you think he's ready? Could you maybe talk him into staying in your trailer, there on the property? You can always look the other way as he squires one young lady after another into and out of same. Lots of temptations out there these days: easy credit, lotsa bright shiny objects, lotsa things to distract him from his studies........you know the score. Just asking.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    Wait. First, do you think he's ready? Could you maybe talk him into staying in your trailer, there on the property? You can always look the other way as he squires one young lady after another into and out of same. Lots of temptations out there these days: easy credit, lotsa bright shiny objects, lotsa things to distract him from his studies........you know the score. Just asking.

I think he's ready. Ask his mother and you will get a different response!

I had all those temptations when I was his age. I resisted some and succumbed to others. That's just part of life. I can't (and won't) exert much control at this point. He's made good decisions up to now, and I expect him to continue.

Adam J. McCleod

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    A guy at work had his kid move out, get married all that good stuff. About a week after the boy bought a truck he was gone for a weekend with the wife, his dad asked to borrow the truck. He took it home, FILLED it with all of the crap the kid left behind, and returned it. Parked it in the driveway and left the keys inside the house.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • RimfireRimfire Senior Member Posts: 849 Senior Member
    A guy at work had his kid move out, get married all that good stuff. About a week after the boy bought a truck he was gone for a weekend with the wife, his dad asked to borrow the truck. He took it home, FILLED it with all of the crap the kid left behind, and returned it. Parked it in the driveway and left the keys inside the house.

Oh that's cold, but effective. I like it.
    G&A Forum Member since: October 2000; Life Member: GOA, IWLA, NRA, & Escapees.