Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

North Korea on "High Alert"

2»

Replies

• ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    I can't help but be reminded of Sadam and Iraq. Sadam was caught between a rock and a hard spot. The US told him to let inspectors in to verify he had no real weapons. Sadam didn't have any, but if he let everyone know it he would be at risk of his local enemies paying him back for his past actions. He had better chances of US intelegence discovering that he didn't really have anything and stay out. Unfortunately we weren't real intelegent and we are still pumping money into that war and rebuilding. North Korea isn't exactly the same situation, but I have to think there is more to this than Kim Jong Dingaling being an inbred moron. I think it has more to do with an internal demonstation of power and propoganda to his people. He is somehow trying to show how tough and relevent he is by getting a rise out of the big dog. He is the new kid on the block. He has to demonstrate to his people he is the man. Even though it seems really stupid and pointless to the rest of the world. For all we know he might be scared of some sort internal power struggle and he is trying to send a message that he is the man. He may be inbred, but he knows attacking the US or South Korea is a death wish. He knows we don't want to rebuild another country. He will push this as far as he can without getting his butt handed to him.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,397 Senior Member
    Biggest unknown with Iran and North Korea is the actual state of their nuclear programs. Iran has been building and installing centrifuges at a massive rate; they have the coin to do it and have found new uranium sources for mining in their own country. With enough centrifuges they could go nuke without the rest of the world being any wiser until it's too late. NK has a program but not anything like the magnitude of Iran. They are ahead because of testing actual weapons, but they are working closely with Iran, so it gets complicated with NK. From all accounts, the NK program is not nearly as sophisticated or on the numerical level of Iran.

A problem with Kim Jong Un making so many threats is that he may paint himself into a corner, and the military will boot him to the curb when he has to blink in the chicken game.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams