Home Main Category Hunting

This is where we should have been sitting this AM.

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 12,625 Senior Member
We set up to hunt turkeys this AM and were hoping they would come out of a roost across the road through a strip of woods between the corn stubble and the road, but, they snuck up behind us from the corn stubble, got busted by 3 toms and watched them circle around the row of hay bales just out of range and then about 10 minutes later another 3 came from the same direction so I had son #1 commando crawl to the line of bales and just pop up and shoot at the on the other side, unfortunately they were facing him and he could not make out their beards to be sure of his target and he unloaded on them as they took off and missed, but, only 1 hour of hunting this year and got some shooting!
IMG_36881_zpsc3e8bd7a.jpg
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,625 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Ummm, what's that white crap on the ground?

It warms you up on the way to your hunting spot as your feet break through the crust with each step, had to buy "different" camo this year.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 23,988 Senior Member
    Never seen spring turkey hunting in snow camo. Interesting new concept. That global warming is kicking butt!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,973 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    Never seen spring turkey hunting in snow camo. Interesting new concept. That global warming is kicking butt!

GET IT RIGHT! IT'S CLIMATE CHANGE! ;) :jester:

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    It warms you up on the way to your hunting spot as your feet break through the crust with each step, had to buy "different" camo this year.

Don't buy snow camo, just use a 2XL Tyvek coverall suit over your clothes. They even have booties that keep the snow out of your boots. No need for gaitors.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    This.
    Not that I would ever snag a couple extra suits from work for that purpose...

Nor would I....
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

Not that I would ever snag a couple extra suits from work for that purpose...

Of course not.
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Don't buy snow camo, just use a 2XL Tyvek coverall suit over your clothes. They even have booties that keep the snow out of your boots. No need for gaitors.

I don't know if it is Tyvek, but the white suit he is wearing was $10.99 at the auto parts store.
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    I don't know if it is Tyvek, but the white suit he is wearing was $10.99 at the auto parts store.

That's why he spooked the turkey! It wasn't expensive SNOW CAMO!!! Obviously, that suit was not as effective as snow camo would have been.
    Zee wrote: »
    That's why he spooked the turkey! It wasn't expensive SNOW CAMO!!! Obviously, that suit was not as effective as snow camo would have been.

The first 3 stood off at about 40-50 yds and were just checking us out sitting under our respective pine trees, my son could not see them well since from the ground since he was further down hill from them, instead of getting his gun ready and peeking up, he just stood up and shouldered his gun and the roadrunners ran off about another 30-40 yds to the other end of the line of bales, lots of learning moments today. He did great on the sneak up to the bales, I laughed when he stoodup to shoot over the bales at the 2nd group of turkeys and they had an oh crap! moment at about 15 yds.
  • minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 770 Senior Member
    Shouldn't he be in school??
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member

Not when he can hunt with his dad.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Got up at 4:45am and hunted until 7am, he got to school on time:)
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    That looks like a south pacific island I have been on, a lot of coral beach sand there.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia