What a year!

DalebowDalebow MemberPosts: 45 Member
Well it started with my wife and I taking our Swamp Birds in Ocala in March, then I got 2 bears and a wolf in Alberta in May...Aug rolls around and got my first archery antelope in CO, Pope and Young. Got drawn for first season elk and bear in CO and plains rifle deer for second season, then rolling to NC for a bear hunt then back to KY for deer................What a blessing:-)

Replies

• beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Hey, welcome to the forum, sounds like a great time. Man, how about some pictures!!!!! :beer:
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    Dalebow wrote: »
    Well it started with my wife and I taking our Swamp Birds in Ocala in March, then I got 2 bears and a wolf in Alberta in May...Aug rolls around and got my first archery antelope in CO, Pope and Young. Got drawn for first season elk and bear in CO and plains rifle deer for second season, then rolling to NC for a bear hunt then back to KY for deer................What a blessing:-)
    It's been an insanely good year for you, man. Close out those last few hunts with a bang and make sure to post a good report on each.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,289 Senior Member
    Sounds like a great year! You do realize of course that you're like $60.00 in the hole...Pics man Pics!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • DalebowDalebow Member Posts: 45 Member
    2011 P & Y antelope
    2011ArcheryGoat006.jpg
    2011 Swamp Birds
    FloridaTurkey023.jpg
    May 2011 Alberta Wolf
    Wolf.jpg
    Wolf2.jpg
    Alberta Bear #1
    Bear1.jpg
    Alberta Bear # 2
    Bear2.jpg
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,714 Senior Member
    OK, no one else has said it yet... you suck! Nice hunts, animals, experiences. You could write a book.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,289 Senior Member
    Nicely done!
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,409 Senior Member
    :beer: :beer: :worthy:
    This message has been deleted
    thanks guys, by no means am I well off, just blessed. I am an educator and work 3 extra jobs in the evenings and weekends so I can do these hunts. A good friend told me that once your too old or sick you will wish you had the memories, so with the Lord's continued blessing I will keep hunting, one day I wont be able to, but until then, look out critters:-)
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,041 Senior Member
    thanks guys, by no means am I well off, just blessed. I am an educator and work 3 extra jobs in the evenings and weekends so I can do these hunts. A good friend told me that once your too old or sick you will wish you had the memories, so with the Lord's continued blessing I will keep hunting, one day I wont be able to, but until then, look out critters:-)

You and I are on the same page, my friend. I received similiar advice from a friend who is in the process of getting too old to do these kinds of hunts anymore. I'm not rich either, but when people ask me, "how can you afford those kind of hunts," I reply with, "how can I not?" The experiences are far too rich to blow off if you can find the means to do them. Save up and get going while you still have two good legs and the auxiliary facilities to chase the game you've dreamed about. I'm not encouraging folks to go into to debt for anything, but the old adgage is true: you can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Within the limits of fiscal responsibility and the means to provide for one's family, the experience for someone who loves this sort of thing transcends any monetary cost.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Yes, I would say you have had and outstanding year indeed and with more to come. Congrats and way to go. :beer:
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Dang, double-tap.
  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    Re: What a year!
    2011 P & Y antelope
    2011ArcheryGoat006.jpg

Sweet! And with a traditional recurve, no less. Very very nice.
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,818 Senior Member
    Outstanding year! You do suck vigorously!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    That is awesome.....and you worked your butt off just to do it!! That is a true American story. I need to do something like that. Always wanted to hunt out west. Boy have you goy me thinking!!!!!
    Hondo
    life is to short not to do it. You can do a cheap antelope hunt, save a bit for elk...........deliver pizza or whatever you can do........It is worth it!
  • HondoHondo Member Posts: 320 Member
    I have been thinking about it. Just need to stop acquiring so many new firearms......BLASPHEMY. I need to price some hunts out. I am in a lease which gives me great joy. They are a bunch of really good guys. But a "special" trip for something I can't get here often comes to mind.