NRA membership

shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior MemberPosts: 2,026 Senior Member
I'm not sure if I read it here, But someone posted a response about the NRA life memberships. He said he was sponsored by a life member and got his life membership for $300.00.
Is that correct? Perhaps someone could respond and shed some light. I want to get my grandson a life membership, but $1,000.00 is more than I can afford right now. I was on the NRA website, but could find nothing about it! Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Near as I can find, that program ended 1 Mar.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,599 Senior Member
    The site is still up. Don't know if it is still working.... https://www.nra-2013.org/
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • RiflemannRiflemann Member Posts: 269 Member
    I understood it was to end 3-31-2013
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,026 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    The site is still up. Don't know if it is still working.... https://www.nra-2013.org/

It is working, I just used it. Thanks so much jbp-ohio. My grandson is now a life member!
    Riflemann wrote: »

They took my money, it better be operating.
    Riflemann wrote: »

I saw an extension to 4-18. Who knows how many times they will extend.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Pelagic KayakerPelagic Kayaker Banned Posts: 1,503 Senior Member
    I'm not sure if I read it here, But someone posted a response about the NRA life memberships. He said he was sponsored by a life member and got his life membership for $300.00.
    Is that correct? Perhaps someone could respond and shed some light. I want to get my grandson a life membership, but $1,000.00 is more than I can afford right now. I was on the NRA website, but could find nothing about it! Thanks in advance for any help.

I upgraded to Life Member last January and am on the payment plan of, I believe 25 bucks a month. Just call their membership number. They will steer you in the right direction for the payment plan.
    "The reflection upon my situation and that of this army produces many an uneasy hour when all around me are wrapped in sleep. Few people know the predicament we are in" ~General George Washington, January 14, 1776
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 405 Member
    That would be me. Glad you found it!
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I upgraded to Life a few years ago under their easy-pay plan. Paid the full cost over time and didn't get the discount rate, but it's for a good cause, so all around I'm happy.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Yep, that's what I did quite a few years back. Hope to become an Endowment some day.

On that site, you can become an Endowment Member for 10 payments of $25 (save $750). What I am doing, and why I had the site saved....
    drsfefa wrote: »
    That would be me. Glad you found it!

Thanks a bunch!
  • FL180FL180 Member Posts: 58 Member

I'm curious what it takes to get this NRA lifetime membership for $300. Do you have to get a current NRA member to sign you up and pay for your membership? Could the new member use their own credit card so the "sponsor" doesn't have to foot the bill? And can you make monthly payments on the $300?

Thanks!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If you bite the bullet and get the expensive membership, do they quit begging you for money every few days?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    If you bite the bullet and get the expensive membership, do they quit begging you for money every few days?
    Jerry

I get something every two or three months. I'm waiting for them to start giving memberships away. The way I see it is they owe me a lot of money.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I'll look into it as well, although we'll have to put up with all the comments about our "endowed members"...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    FL180 wrote: »
    I'm curious what it takes to get this NRA lifetime membership for $300. Do you have to get a current NRA member to sign you up and pay for your membership? Could the new member use their own credit card so the "sponsor" doesn't have to foot the bill? And can you make monthly payments on the $300?

Thanks!

I got on the link provided by jbp-ohio...filled out my life membership info and filled in the Grandsons info. Pretty easy...I'm not sure about payments, I paid with my card. There is info on the site about payment plans however. Hope this helps. We need all the new members we can get!