Even Mosin Nagants are going up in $$$$

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
What was $99 are now $149 and $199 (Laminated stock). I don't see hardly any matching SN#/hand picked ones left. Few Hex receivers.

No 91/59s (short rifles-cut down), but some M-44s fer a price.

Latest buying craze/frenzy has even hit the last area of MILSURP bargains. That and according to one on-line dealer that caters to Curio & Relic holders, some Russian/former Soviet WARSAW PACT nations have raised their prices on exports realizing they can get more for their exports.

I got plenty of them 'Russian Mules' and even a Finnish M-39 rework to play with now. Surplus ammo is still available, but slowly creeping up in price. I don't or haven't started shooting corrosive ammo yet. I shoot my reloads. However, I may change that with the price of components skyrocketing, if you can find them at all.

I did buy 880 rounds in two sealed tins of Silver-Tip "Light Ball" a few months ago, so I'd have them and at somewhat lower prices than today's.

A range session shooting a few of them MNs and about 50 or so rounds of ammo off a bench lets you know you have been shootin, even with a strap-on recoil pad........:tooth::guns:

BTW: Slim pickins on about everything in the MILSURP world these days, at least, as far as condition and prices go.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    saw that happen to SMLE's..
    I bought a No.5 at a LGS for $40 around, oh, 1995 or so..

try to even FIND one now..
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,038 Senior Member
    What would you pay for a clean Brown Bess musket? Or 1853 Enfield rifle?

Sure, the Russians made a lot of MN's, but WWII is getting to be a loooong time ago, and they had no economy when they sold us the first batch. Unfortunate. . .if ever there was a rifle that should be sold for $70, that is indeed it.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,417 Senior Member
    I bought my one and only M-N for $79.95 from a freshly-opened case lot, and got to hand-pick the one I wanted. I completely forgot to take the bayonet that was included in the price!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    I think all milsurps are going up in price very rapidly. An all matching 98k has probably doubled in price in the last couple of years. Even RC 98k's that were $200-$250 not long ago are more than double that now. I used to think buying rural land was the best investment I could make! Looks like milsurps are just as good!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,051 Senior Member
    There's not even any Nagant pistols out there right now, I hope you didn't miss your chance!!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Big Al1 wrote: »
    There's not even any Nagant pistols out there right now, I hope you didn't miss your chance!!

Dang, I just couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger and buy one of those. I know $99 bucks ain't much at all for a functioning revolver. Maybe I'll cotton up to them and buy one one someday. I didn't care for MNs the first time I fired one, I ended up with over 1/2 dozen of them in different configurations (short M-44,91/59/round receivers/hex receivers/M39) :guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!